• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Liberal for Trump

You can edit posts.

Noone is going to notice every typing error they've made. I'm sure most people try to post with as little of grammatical errors as possible, but it still will happen.

I did? How so?

You, the people who gave your post a "Like", (PNW Guy, SenorXm/Sirius, Phys251, OrphanSlug, Whythink) and so many others on the left shoot your mouths off and make assumptions, instead of taking the time to get the answers and find out the truth... In this case, the answers were right in front of your faces, but just like the ideology you embrace religiously, you just accept without question whatever BS your handed.

If you would have taken the time to actually READ THE ARTICLE you would have discovered that she started her search for the truth just before the election in 2016 (but was still vehemently opposed to Trump) and did a deeper dive immediately following Trump winning the election.

From the article:

Before the 2016 election, I went down a rabbit hole of videos of Trump supporters being assaulted by people who were supposed to be on my side, who were supposed to be liberals and progressives. I was left in tears, utterly shocked and repulsed. Because the legacy media had not told me this was happening. Matter of fact, they had sold me, and I had bought without sufficient evidence, the opposite narrative.

I still cried the night Trump won. Because I still believed the things I was told to believe about him, without forming my own opinion. Social Justice Warriors do a lot of that. But it became really important for me to figure out why he won, because I wanted to prevent it from happening again in 2020. So I started leaving my carefully cultivated echochamber. I started seeking out other points of view, and actually *listening* to why people voted for him, instead of projecting and telling them what the media had told me were their reasons. I started meeting Trump voters, most of whom did not fit the stereotype I’d been sold.

As you see, her article in the summer of 2017 was not a contradiction as you falsely claimed and so many others were gullible enough to believe.

Thank you for demonstrating how you all are exactly as she described you to be, and how she once was.

No, you seemed to believe this was some "recent" revelation. She seemed to have already switched sides in 2017.

Nobody cares about singular "revelations".

"Look dude, one person agrees with me! I'm gonna post it online!"

Noone is going to notice every typing error they've made. I'm sure most people try to post with as little of grammatical errors as possible, but it still will happen.

You nailed it.

And you can retract posts... Just because we can, doesn't mean we will.

At least I owned up to my mistake in grammer.

*grammar*

No, you seemed to believe this was some "recent" revelation.

Here's what I wrote... Please point out the part that indicates that I believed it to be a "recent revelation":

This article was written by a woman who was an active, life long SJW and democratic voter who decided to take a look behind the curtain and find out if the things she believed in, fought for, and embraced were as she had always believed they were... And surprise surprise, the facts told her something she wasn't expecting, and the title of her piece says it all.

So there's another post you can retract, but like the first one, I don't imagine you will.

Here's what I wrote... Please point out the part that indicates that I believed it to be a "recent revelation":

This article was written by a woman who was an active, life long SJW and democratic voter who decided to take a look behind the curtain and find out if the things she believed in, fought for, and embraced were as she had always believed they were... And surprise surprise, the facts told her something she wasn't expecting, and the title of her piece says it all.

So there's another post you can retract, but like the first one, I don't imagine you will.

Why do you believe her? Because you wanted to?

I'll give you that one, it has no support.

Now: why should we care what this person -- who we have no idea about pre-2017 -- has to say? She's an individual who does not post here. One individual/7.8 billion is not a number I want to type out. Tell us why this one person's opinion matters.

I'll give you that one, it has no support.

You earned a like for the honesty... It's appreciated.

Now: why should we care what this person -- who we have no idea about pre-2017 -- has to say?

It isn't just this one person saying these things, it's thousands of them. This isn't about changing beliefs on political issues (such as abortion, immigration, etc), or being disgruntled with a certain candidate, or waking up one day and discovering they were a conservative... What they all have in common is, for whatever reason they all decided to stop accepting the things they had been told all their lives about how evil their political enemies were, so they put their preconceived notions aside and set out to discover the truth for themselves... What they all discovered is, that they had been lied to by their political friends, family members, teachers, professors, the mainstream media, as well as the people in Hollywood and in the record industry. They discovered that the people on the right are not the racists homophobes, and bigots they were taught to believe they were, and they also found out just violent many of the groups and organisations they had supported really were and how badly they treated people.

That's the common thread... When they investigate and search for the truth, they all discover to varying degrees, that they had been lied to all their lives... And nobody likes being played for a fool.

It isn't just this one person saying these things, it's thousands of them. This isn't about changing beliefs on political issues (such as abortion, immigration, etc), or being disgruntled with a certain candidate, or waking up one day and discovering they were a conservative... What they all have in common is, for whatever reason they all decided to stop accepting the things they had been told all their lives about how evil their political enemies were, so they put their preconceived notions aside and set out to discover the truth for themselves... What they all discovered is, that they had been lied to by their political friends, family members, teachers, professors, the mainstream media, as well as the people in Hollywood and in the record industry. They discovered that the people on the right are not the racists homophobes, and bigots they were taught to believe they were, and they also found out just violent many of the groups and organisations they had supported really were and how badly they treated people.

That's the common thread... When they investigate and search for the truth, they all discover to varying degrees, that they had been lied to all their lives... And nobody likes being played for a fool.

It may not be just one person claiming to have rejected American liberalism but are the numbers equal to those who now regret voting for Trump in 2016?

Suburban voters got behind Trump’s message in 2016. Now they are walking away.

You may have heard or read of the Lincoln Project, a group of several individuals who have been prominent in national politics on the Republican side. They are putting out ads and videos that are somewhat, shall I say, anti-Trump.

The Lincoln Project - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom