• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A letter to Donald and Khizr

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Dear Khizr And Donald - Derek Hunter
his is going to sound cold, but it needs to be said: You have suffered the loss of your son, something most of us can’t imagine. But he is the one who sacrificed, not you.

You didn’t force Humayun to enlist. He wasn’t drafted; he chose to sign up. You couldn’t stop him if you wanted to. He gave his life protecting his fellow soldiers. There is no doubt he died a hero. I find it disturbing you would use his sacrifice and your grief to advance an open-borders agenda.

Yes, I listened to your speech, and I read it again tonight. It wasn’t about your son. It used his sacrifice to advocate for open borders. He was your son; you can use his memory any way you like. But we don’t have to like it or find it tasteful.

I do find it unseemly that you are an immigration attorney who stands to profit from that which you invoked your son’s memory to advocate. Again, you’re the one who has to live with that, and I am entitled to speak my mind on it as well.

You claim not to have sought the spotlight. Either you’re lying or hopelessly naïve.

I’m not sure you’ve left a TV studio since your speech, aside from trips to other TV studios for more interviews. That’s not really the action of someone simply trying to live a quiet life. I woke up Monday with you on CNN at 7 a.m. I went to bed Monday night with you on CNN at 10. I’d wonder whether they even let you leave, but you were on almost every other network that day too.

I can say you have a strength I don’t in that you have been able to play victim, claim martyr status for the brave actions of your son and say Trump has a “black soul.”

On issues of your grief, they are all yours and you should have free range. On issues of policy, you should be treated like every other American. That is what your son sacrificed his life for. To act any differently would be to soil his and the thousands of his fellow American soldiers’ sacrifices. That, sir, I simply won’t do.

his is going to sound cold, but it needs to be said: You have suffered the loss of your son, something most of us can’t imagine. But he is the one who sacrificed, not you.

Having known a woman who lost her son in the Army in Baghdad, and having watched what happened to her afterwards...

...I'd have to say that your bolded statement above is one of the most ignorant and poorly thought-out statements I have ever seen, not just on DP but on every online venue I have ever been on.

Having known a woman who lost her son in the Army in Baghdad, and having watched what happened to her afterwards...

...I'd have to say that your bolded statement above is one of the most ignorant and poorly thought-out statements I have ever seen, not just on DP but on every online venue I have ever been on.

the democrats used him and he was a willing participant.

Thinking it through- what was my Kahn's point? that we shouldn't evealute our immogration policy because his son was killed? Don't think so.

That somehow something Trump proposed was unconstitutional ?( by waving the constitution around) Don't th Democrats have ANYBODY that knows th e constitution so they could have saved Mr. Khan from embarassing himself?

Thinking it through- what was my Kahn's point? that we shouldn't evealute our immogration policy because his son was killed? Don't think so.

That somehow something Trump proposed was unconstitutional ?( by waving the constitution around) Don't th Democrats have ANYBODY that knows th e constitution so they could have saved Mr. Khan from embarassing himself?

They all hate the constitution, I don't think that would have helped.

Y'know, if Hillary had reacted as Trump did to what Khan said, y'all would be calling for her head...and so would I. But because the one who said it has an (R) behind his name, y'all are falling all over yourselves trying to make excuses for him.

Sad!

Y'know, if Hillary had reacted as Trump did to what Khan said, y'all would be calling for her head...and so would I. But because the one who said it has an (R) behind his name, y'all are falling all over yourselves trying to make excuses for him.

Sad!

Yep. If Hillary had done a lot of the stuff Trump has done, they'd be losing their ****.

But since it's Trump it's OK.

You didn’t force Humayun to enlist. He wasn’t drafted; he chose to sign up. You couldn’t stop him if you wanted to. He gave his life protecting his fellow soldiers. There is no doubt he died a hero. I find it disturbing you would use his sacrifice and your grief to advance an open-borders agenda.

Yes, I listened to your speech, and I read it again tonight. It wasn’t about your son. It used his sacrifice to advocate for open borders. He was your son; you can use his memory any way you like. But we don’t have to like it or find it tasteful.

I do find it unseemly that you are an immigration attorney who stands to profit from that which you invoked your son’s memory to advocate. Again, you’re the one who has to live with that, and I am entitled to speak my mind on it as well.

You claim not to have sought the spotlight. Either you’re lying or hopelessly naïve.

I’m not sure you’ve left a TV studio since your speech, aside from trips to other TV studios for more interviews. That’s not really the action of someone simply trying to live a quiet life. I woke up Monday with you on CNN at 7 a.m. I went to bed Monday night with you on CNN at 10. I’d wonder whether they even let you leave, but you were on almost every other network that day too.

I can say you have a strength I don’t in that you have been able to play victim, claim martyr status for the brave actions of your son and say Trump has a “black soul.”

On issues of your grief, they are all yours and you should have free range. On issues of policy, you should be treated like every other American. That is what your son sacrificed his life for. To act any differently would be to soil his and the thousands of his fellow American soldiers’ sacrifices. That, sir, I simply won’t do.

the idea that it is fair to comment on what a gold start family says is repugnant and completely un american not to mention classless.

those that denigrate him are the embarrassing ones

the idea that it is fair to comment on what a gold start family says is repugnant and completely un american not to mention classless.

What? A gold star family is beyond comment now? It's really hilarious to see the liberals faux outrage over the honor of military families when it suits thier agenda, any other time these people are just murders killing the peace loving Muslims in the Middle East for oil.

What? A gold star family is beyond comment now? It's really hilarious to see the liberals faux outrage over the honor of military families when it suits thier agenda, any other time these people are just murders killing the peace loving Muslims in the Middle East for oil.

has nothing to do with now, its has been that way for a long long time. there is no faux outrage, such behavior has always been beyond the pale. decent americans like McCain and Paul Ryan know it and Americans know it.

has nothing to do with now, its has been that way for a long long time. there is no faux outrage, such behavior has always been beyond the pale. decent americans like McCain and Paul Ryan know it and Americans know it.

When he went on stage he stepped into the political arena. That makes him fair game for rebuttle.

Sad!

I hate Trump,and won't vote for him, so there goes that.

But you never answered the question. Why was this Khan guy waving the constitution around? To prove how little he knows about it?

not to civil decent people it doesnt

So he can make any claim he wants, and nobody can comment at all?

Sorry, but the PC world is being rejected. You're going to have to find some other form of safe space to hide lies in.

So he can make any claim he wants, and nobody can comment at all?

Sorry, but the PC world is being rejected. You're going to have to find some other form of safe space to hide lies in.

actually it is gold star families that can say whatever. has nothing to do with pc, has to do with respect. go ahead and look the word up. nobody expects GS families to say anything but what comes from their grief, that is where the civil part comes in people know they arent rational and dont expect it. your need to demonize GS families is the real issue.

actually it is gold star families that can say whatever. has nothing to do with pc, has to do with respect. go ahead and look the word up. nobody expects GS families to say anything but what comes from their grief, that is where the civil part comes in people know they arent rational and dont expect it. your need to demonize GS families is the real issue.

How does that change anything? So a "Gold Star Family" can say anything they want, including total lies, and they are untouchable?

They can be paraded out as featured speakers in events of national significance, and be allowed to lie, without anyone being allowed to respond?

Says who?

The "says who" question is what I am referring to.

Why should anyone respect people who hide behind their dead son to spread lies and misrepresentations?

I respect their loss. I have a son and I would be heartbroken. I have no respect for what they did at the DNC and will show no respect to them on that issue.

As a firm rejecter of the pathetic PC police, I couldn't care less how that is viewed by them and their supporters.

How does that change anything? So a "Gold Star Family" can say anything they want, including total lies, and they are untouchable?

They can be paraded out as featured speakers in events of national significance, and be allowed to lie, without anyone being allowed to respond?

Says who?

The "says who" question is what I am referring to.

Why should anyone respect people who hide behind their dead son to spread lies and misrepresentations?

I respect their loss. I have a son and I would be heartbroken. I have no respect for what they did at the DNC and will show no respect to them on that issue.

As a firm rejecter of the pathetic PC police, I couldn't care less how that is viewed by them and their supporters.

How did I know more right wing disrespect would be coming down the pike.

How did I know more left wing excuses for lies and distortions would be coming down the pike?

classic response, now I know why and how the right wingers find it so easy to demonize people.

classic response, now I know why and how the right wingers find it so easy to demonize people.

Perhaps left wingers should avoid providing all the reasons to deserve the criticisms. Perhaps those reasons come from the "victimhood" training that seeks to provide cover for all the bad behaviors.

Perhaps left wingers should avoid providing all the reasons to deserve the criticisms. Perhaps those reasons come from the "victimhood" training that seeks to provide cover for all the bad behaviors.

more of the same....cant help yourself can you?

I hate Trump,and won't vote for him, so there goes that.

But you never answered the question. Why was this Khan guy waving the constitution around? To prove how little he knows about it?

Ah. So you are assuming that because his name is Khan, that because he's an immigrant and a Muslim, that he must not have actually read the Constitution?

Last I recall, "Equal protection under the law" means that those of ALL races, ethnicities, and religions are to be treated equally and protected equally under the law...whereas Trump (whom you claim to hate, but he DOES represent the GOP) stated that he wanted to ban all Muslims from entering the U.S. -

and not only that, but the guy running in the primary against House Speaker Ryan appears to be supported by Trump...and also wants to discuss deporting ALL Muslims from America:

Nehlen suggested it wasn't appropriate for Democrats to put a spotlight on the Khan family because Muslims have committed terror attacks since Humayun Khan's death in 2004, citing the shootings at Fort Hood and in San Bernardino.

Paul Nehlen (R), who is running against Speaker Paul Ryan (R) in a Wisconsin primary and has been praised by Donald Trump, told a radio station that the United States have a “discussion” about deporting all Muslims from the United States.

Said Nehlen: “The question is, why do we have Muslims in the country?”

Seems to me that one side is quite familiar with the Constitution...and the other side - which doesn't seem to know what "Equal protection under the law" means - is not.

Back
Top Bottom