• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A Letter from God

independent_thinker2002 said:
Agreed, the message in the letter is a good one.

Letter to God

God,

If you want me to know something I gotta think you have my address! Based on that, I gotta think that you would not send me messages through these phonies with blue suits and big hair yelling for money on televison! You wouldn't use books full of silly stories full of obvious contradictions! A fella can read that book they say is your word and justify anything just by going to a different quotation! It's all over the place! So, if I need to change something I'm doing wrong, I'm right here God! So, give me a holler, because I can't deal with all these religion people who have more to say than you do! They got all the answers, but the answers don't make a lick of sense! All those answers don't seem to make them too nice to my way of thinking either! So anyways, I'm right here God, so give me a holler! I'm right here!

Bye now,

It was just me!

Originally posted by Mr. D:
Letter to God

God,

If you want me to know something I gotta think you have my address! Based on that, I gotta think that you would not send me messages through these phonies with blue suits and big hair yelling for money on televison! You wouldn't use books full of silly stories full of obvious contradictions! A fella can read that book they say is your word and justify anything just by going to a different quotation! It's all over the place! So, if I need to change something I'm doing wrong, I'm right here God! So, give me a holler, because I can't deal with all these religion people who have more to say than you do! They got all the answers, but the answers don't make a lick of sense! All those answers don't seem to make them too nice to my way of thinking either! So anyways, I'm right here God, so give me a holler! I'm right here!

Bye now,

It was just me!
Your letter makes a very good point. It's like we got God's special education team down here. I'll bet you Jesus is up in Heaven going through the Bible saying, "Where did I say '...build a water slide...', where they get that out of this!" "I never said, 'Buy an old folks home and use it as a tax right-off', oh you f_cking dicks!"

I guess nobody likes my Kinison impression. I was working on that for hours.

Billo_Really said:
Your letter makes a very good point. It's like we got God's special education team down here. I'll bet you Jesus is up in Heaven going through the Bible saying, "Where did I say '...build a water slide...', where they get that out of this!" "I never said, 'Buy an old folks home and use it as a tax right-off', oh you f_cking dicks!"

Now that Jesus I might be able to believe in! There may be a god, but it's not the small, petty, worship needing, imitation of an spiteful, vindictive, ancient king/father figure that Christians have given us! You might fear that god, but love him freely! No chance! I wouldn't even like him! Free will in choosing to love God or go to eternal punishment in hell! What a silly, irrational, joke definition of free will!

Originally posted by Mr. D.
Now that Jesus I might be able to believe in! There may be a god, but it's not the small, petty, worship needing, imitation of an spiteful, vindictive, ancient king/father figure that Christians have given us! You might fear that god, but love him freely! No chance! I wouldn't even like him! Free will in choosing to love God or go to eternal punishment in hell! What a silly, irrational, joke definition of free will!
I'm not sure what you said here, but I like it.

This is probably one of the best things I've ever read.

Also, just because a religion was polytheistic doesn't mean they worshiped all of the gods they believed in. Ancient Greeks believed in many gods but city-states often had their own god that they praised above all the others.

Originally posted by RightOfCenter:
This is probably one of the best things I've ever read.

Also, just because a religion was polytheistic doesn't mean they worshiped all of the gods they believed in. Ancient Greeks believed in many gods but city-states often had their own god that they praised above all the others.
Thank you.

Welcome to Debate Politics.

My dearest sons and daughters,

If you are reading this, I have passed away. Though I do not expect you to understand the complex nature of the divine, the state in which I have passed can best be explained to you as death.
It is my hope that by exposing you to nature, to its laws and its morals, I have given you enough knowledge and intelligence to make it into the future. A future without the aid of Me.
No longer may you derive moral systems from me. No longer may you hide in churches, mosques, synagogues, temples or shrines, praying or confessing. My blessings upon those places have been retracted. You must now seek spiritual catharsis within yourself.
Look at nature as your altar, and let yourself be the blood and the flesh. Overcome yourself, live for beauty, and become beauty. That I say in the last hours of my being unto you, mankind.

God

PS. I'm afraid Heaven and Hell have ceased to exist. If you want to kill yourself, do it now.

I'm not sure what your point is.

Billo_Really said:
I'm not sure what your point is.

God is dead, and we need to find a new place to draw our morals from. If you consider that a point. I also have a stake, which is perhaps pointier. :smile:

Mr U

Originally Posted by HU-210
God is dead, and we need to find a new place to draw our morals from. If you consider that a point. I also have a stake, which is perhaps pointier.

Mr U
How did you arrive at this conclusion?

I guess you don't care to answer.

Back
Top Bottom