• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A law should be passed to make this a crime

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If any politician takes money from a foreign entity, person or through a third party, he must make it public he is doing so. Any violation or failure to do so should be punished by years in prison. We know that millions have been donated to politicians, mainly through third parties, presently allowing the "I did not know" excuse.

Does that include corporations with foreign shareholders?

If any politician takes money from a foreign entity, person or through a third party, he must make it public he is doing so. Any violation or failure to do so should be punished by years in prison. We know that millions have been donated to politicians, mainly through third parties, presently allowing the "I did not know" excuse.
Since the Citizen's United Supreme Court decision, there's no way to even tell what the source is of campaign monies. Not only don't we know that corporations own our politicians, we can't even tell what countries own them. The only thing that seems to become clearer year after year is that our Congress doesn't seem to be working for the US electorate anymore.

I say we end donations and give each party (dementedcrats & republicans) a cap of $150,000,000 each and that's all they get to campaign on.

No donations allowed from the general public or corporations

Does that include corporations with foreign shareholders?
It includes those stock holders personal donations who are not American citizens and any corporation that is not headquartered in America

Back
Top Bottom