• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A law needs to pass to do something about robocalls!!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I did not know which of the forum's to put this in but decided it could go here and someone could switch it if needed. I am tired of getting a half dozen robocalls a day and i think many other people are also. I just saw a local news story the in my area alone the average is 4.6 robocalls a day and said there was presently little anyone could do about them. the problem is that some times the call coming in is listed as coming from my own number, or from a local number so you never know what is going on. I am not talking about political robocalls, I understand the need and the first Amendment problems. Most of these are from scammers. Something needs to be done

I've found that if you can get to a real person and blow a whistle into the phone it will drastically cut down on how many calls you receive. I rarely get then anymore

I did not know which of the forum's to put this in but decided it could go here and someone could switch it if needed. I am tired of getting a half dozen robocalls a day and i think many other people are also. I just saw a local news story the in my area alone the average is 4.6 robocalls a day and said there was presently little anyone could do about them. the problem is that some times the call coming in is listed as coming from my own number, or from a local number so you never know what is going on. I am not talking about political robocalls, I understand the need and the first Amendment problems. Most of these are from scammers. Something needs to be done

I have a home phone number (landline) that is useless right now, getting over 30 calls a day.

Automated phone calls should be outlawed - period. They steal people time and for cell phone on pay by the minute their money. There is no justification to allow commercial robo-calls. The only robo calls that should be allowed are 1.) emergency notices by law enforcement, 2.) from schools to parents and 3.) political calls but ONLY candidates' campaigns, not special interests. It also should be allowed if the person agreed to be put on a list such as some organization. Otherwise, robo-calls should be civilly and criminally illegal.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidrocker.callblocker&hl=en_US

11111.jpg

I am empathetic to your frustrations. It is very annoying and its nonstop but please no more laws. The free market call solve this problem for you. My freind uses hiya to detect scammers and robo calls. I'm sure there are other sites and services that also do it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wow, I didn't realize this forum deleted posts. Good to know.

I have a home phone number (landline) that is useless right now, getting over 30 calls a day.

Most are coming on my landline, but starting to get them on my cell phone. Pain in the ass.

Most are coming on my landline, but starting to get them on my cell phone. Pain in the ass.

I starting to get them on my business mobile line. They have backed down as of recently. If they pick back up AT&T is gona get a piece of my mind. I have been a loyal customer for a long time. I expect to have very minimal if not no solicitors calling my mobile line.

TrueCaller works pretty well, at least for iPhone

Back
Top Bottom