• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Kremlin paper justifies erasing the Ukrainian identity, as Russia is accused of war crimes

iguanaman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
ukraine-crisis-mariupol.JPG

An aerial view shows residential buildings that were damaged in Mariupol, Ukraine, on April 3. A Russian state media editorial suggests the Kremlin wants to wipe out the Ukrainian identity. (Pavel Klimov/Reuters )

An editorial in a prominent Kremlin media outlet appears to provide justification for the war with its call to erase the Ukrainian identity — language that geopolitical experts say is especially alarming after the discovery of dozens of dead civilians in a Kyiv suburb.
Written by Timofei Sergeitsev in RIA Novosti, the rhetoric in the editorial — entitled "What Russia should do with Ukraine" — is inflammatory, even by the usual Russian state media standards.
It claims the word "Ukraine" itself is synonymous with Nazism and cannot be allowed to exist.
"Denazification is inevitably also De-Ukrainianization," Sergeitsev writes, stating that the idea of Ukrainian culture and identity is fake.

A prominent scholar whose career has been spent studying historical genocide said he felt sickened by reading the article — but he was also convinced that the Kremlin is using it to justify atrocities in Ukraine to the Russian people and the military.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kremlin-editorial-ukraine-identity-1.6407921

This is Putin's goal, total genocide of the Ukrainian people. The world cannot sit by and let this happen again.

ukraine-crisis-mariupol.JPG

An aerial view shows residential buildings that were damaged in Mariupol, Ukraine, on April 3. A Russian state media editorial suggests the Kremlin wants to wipe out the Ukrainian identity. (Pavel Klimov/Reuters )

An editorial in a prominent Kremlin media outlet appears to provide justification for the war with its call to erase the Ukrainian identity — language that geopolitical experts say is especially alarming after the discovery of dozens of dead civilians in a Kyiv suburb.
Written by Timofei Sergeitsev in RIA Novosti, the rhetoric in the editorial — entitled "What Russia should do with Ukraine" — is inflammatory, even by the usual Russian state media standards.
It claims the word "Ukraine" itself is synonymous with Nazism and cannot be allowed to exist.
"Denazification is inevitably also De-Ukrainianization," Sergeitsev writes, stating that the idea of Ukrainian culture and identity is fake.

A prominent scholar whose career has been spent studying historical genocide said he felt sickened by reading the article — but he was also convinced that the Kremlin is using it to justify atrocities in Ukraine to the Russian people and the military.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kremlin-editorial-ukraine-identity-1.6407921

This is Putin's goal, total genocide of the Ukrainian people. The world cannot sit by and let this happen again.
Putin may have had a change of plans, if his troops leaving previously occupied territory is any indication. He may even be pulling out of Kherson, according to some rumors.

I don't have any idea what he's up to, but wiping out the whole of Ukraine seems to be off the table at the moment.

The level of hatred in the editorial, though, would help explain the more barbaric stuff they've discovered in Bucha.

Putin may have had a change of plans, if his troops leaving previously occupied territory is any indication. He may even be pulling out of Kherson, according to some rumors.

I don't have any idea what he's up to, but wiping out the whole of Ukraine seems to be off the table at the moment.

The level of hatred in the editorial, though, would help explain the more barbaric stuff they've discovered in Bucha.
It now appears he thinks he can cut Ukraine in 2 and take the east and southern regions. The Ukrainians are the ones that took his plans off the table.

But that is exactly what the "world" may do.

The Butcher knows that the West is all hat, no cattle, when it comes to Russia.

Remember when the Butcher let his boys shoot down that airliner, with bodies (including a baby's) falling to the ground in Ukraine?

Is the Butcher in prison now? No. He is safely hidden in the Kremlin.

He is like the street thugs in this country. They do their mayhem because they know that they can get away with it.

But that is exactly what the "world" may do.

Remember when the Butcher let his boys shoot down that airliner, with bodies (including a baby's) falling to the ground in Ukraine?

Is the Butcher in prison now? No. He is safely hidden in the Kremlin.

He is like the street thugs in this country. They do their mayhem because they know that they can get away with it.
What we can do is totally isolate Russia, not accept Rubles as payment and make all his cronies criminals and arrest them if they set foot outside Russia and try them for war crimes. We must also confiscate all real estate property purchased by Russians and sell them to finance Ukraine relief. This must be Putin's last war.

Ever heard the term "proxy war" in your claimed years?

We ****ed quite a bit of the world up fighting Russia. There were civilization-ending reasons not to declare direct war. Remember that?

What we can do is totally isolate Russia, not accept Rubles as payment and make all his cronies criminals and arrest them if they set foot outside Russia and try them for war crimes. We must also confiscate all real estate property purchased by Russians and sell them to finance Ukraine relief. This must be Putin's last war.

So how are you going to force China, India, and the Third World to comply with your plan?

So how are you going to force China, India, and the Third World to comply with your plan?
Unless they want the same treatment as Russia they will go along. Being complicit with genocide is a serious crime and it will be punished. If China wants to replace their sales to the U.S. with sales to a bankrupt corrupt state I will be very surprised.

Unless they want the same treatment as Russia they will go along. Being complicit with genocide is a serious crime and it will be punished. If China wants to replace their sales to the U.S. with sales to a bankrupt corrupt state I will be very surprised.

In other words, ultimatums. Yeah, good luck with that 🙄 And where, exactly, are you going to get replacements for all the stuff China makes for the American market, particularly when you are also going after the most obvious replacement for China’s role in our trade network? Here’s a handy little chart for you.

China is literally committing ACTUAL genocide and has been for years. But I forgot.....their victims aren’t white and Muslims to boot, so most Americans just don’t care.

Beijing would laugh in your face, and I can’t think of a faster way to push New Delhi away. You’d wind up pushing most of Africa firmly into the Chinese camp to boot.

What we can do is totally isolate Russia,
No, we can’t do that. Russia is too large for that and besides China and India won’t go along.
not accept Rubles as payment
Well Western Europe won’t have a choice
and make all his cronies criminals and arrest them if they set foot outside Russia and try them for war crimes.
Not going to happen.
We must also confiscate all real estate property purchased by Russians and sell them to finance Ukraine relief. This must be Putin's last war.
Lol, so you want to seize property owned by the people who oppose Putin? This will hurt Putin how? Actually it will reinforce Putin because the message will be sent, “the west hates you more than the KKK hated blacks and now you have only one place to go, and that’s to us”

In other words, ultimatums. Yeah, good luck with that 🙄 And where, exactly, are you going to get replacements for all the stuff China makes for the American market, particularly when you are also going after the most obvious replacement for China’s role in our trade network? Here’s a handy little chart for you.

China is literally committing ACTUAL genocide and has been for years. But I forgot.....their victims aren’t white and Muslims to boot, so most Americans just don’t care.

Beijing would laugh in your face, and I can’t think of a faster way to push New Delhi away. You’d wind up pushing most of Africa firmly into the Chinese camp to boot.
Well the Chinese aren’t actually committing genocide, that’s just a trope for virtue signaling. The claims being made are that “genocide” is being committed because Uighurs are being given birth control and being sent to schools to be indoctrinated into secular state ideology.

Which is exactly what the left has been doing to Christians in America for decades… you know what? I condemn this genocide and America must be held to equal standards! Let’s open up the criminal cases against the leaders of the sexual revolution!

Well the Chinese aren’t actually committing genocide, that’s just a trope for virtue signaling. The claims being made are that “genocide” is being committed because Uighurs are being given birth control and being sent to schools to be indoctrinated into secular state ideology.

Which is exactly what the left has been doing to Christians in America for decades… you know what? I condemn this genocide and America must be held to equal standards! Let’s open up the criminal cases against the leaders of the sexual revolution!

Well, they absolutely are. Forced sterilization, systematic destruction of cultural sites, cemeteries, mosques and the like, banning children from speaking their native language, throwing vast numbers of innocent people in prison camps and subjecting them to torture, and other such tactics conducted by the Chinese government all qualify its actions as genocide.

I must have missed when the US government started forcibly sterilizing Christians, or throwing millions of them in prison camps 🙄

Well, they absolutely are. Forced sterilization, systematic destruction of cultural sites, cemeteries, mosques and the like, banning children from speaking their native language, throwing vast numbers of innocent people in prison camps and subjecting them to torture, and other such tactics conducted by the Chinese government all qualify its actions as genocide.

I must have missed when the US government started forcibly sterilizing Christians, or throwing millions of them in prison camps 🙄
Yes China is treating some of its citizens very badly. That has nothing to do with a rogue nation invading Ukraine and murdering 1000's of women and children while stating that they are subhuman vermin that must be exterminated. In what world is that equivalent? This is a return of another Hitler and he must be stopped.

China did not invade a sovereign democratic State and try to exterminate it's population. There is no equivalency with that since the 1930's. We will cut our imports of Chinese goods until it hurts them enough to stop trading with Russia. They cannot tolerate economic stress and I doubt we will need much persuasion. Russia does not have much to offer in the way of consumers and will only get poorer due to sanctions. Even their fossil fuels are on the way out. The same goes for India they will need to choose their alliances carefully. Remember all of Europe is on our side.

China did not invade a sovereign democratic State and try to exterminate it's population. There is no equivalency with that since the 1930's. We will cut our imports of Chinese goods until it hurts them enough to stop trading with Russia. They cannot tolerate economic stress and I doubt we will need much persuasion. Russia does not have much to offer in the way of consumers and will only get poorer due to sanctions. Even their fossil fuels are on the way out. The same goes for India they will need to choose their alliances carefully. Remember all of Europe is on our side.

Lol yeah, they “only” have been actively trying to actually wipe out a group of people with the misfortune of having been within the CPC’s borders for a long time. China is actually committing genocide, literally as we speak.

Not actually true either btw: the dissolution of Yugoslavia, where all sides committed some pretty nasty war crimes(although only the Serbs officially reached genocidal status if I recall correctly—the Croats were almost as bad in some areas though) being case in point, plus the ethnic conflicts in Kosovo and Macedonia.

Once again, good luck with that, especially when you are pushing India—the country which could most obviously pick up the slack— away at the same time. The CPC came to the conclusion that we need them a lot more than they need us a while ago, and so far that seems to be holding true.

That’s what people said about Iran…..and Cuba…..and North Korea….and Venezuela. Sanctions are better than war, but they aren’t a silver bullet.

And that’s not actually true either. Hungary and Serbia for instance. Not to mention, of course, that the world is a whole lot bigger than just Europe.

It is, and everyone but a few Russians know it.

An editorial in a prominent Kremlin media outlet appears to provide justification for the war with its call to erase the Ukrainian identity — language that geopolitical experts say is especially alarming after the discovery of dozens of dead civilians in a Kyiv suburb. Written by Timofei Sergeitsev in RIA Novosti, the rhetoric in the editorial — entitled "What Russia should do with Ukraine" — is inflammatory, even by the usual Russian state media standards. This is Putin's goal, total genocide of the Ukrainian people.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kremlin-editorial-ukraine-identity-1.6407921[/I][/B]

I want to personally think you for posting this insane manifesto. RIA Novosti is the parent company of Russia's state-owned RT and Sputink propaganda outlets. Author Timofey Sergeytsev is a professor at Moscow State University and an advisor to the government of Vladimir Putin. Sergeytsev served two pro-Russian Ukrainian presidents – Leonid Kuchma and Viktor Yanukovich. The latter was ousted from power in the Maidan revolution in 2014 and fled to Russia. Now it makes even more macabre sense why Yanukovych ordered his personal militia to fire on protesters, killing over 100.

Sergeytsev argues that precisely because there is no official Nazi Party in Ukraine and no Fuhrer, the amorphous 'Nazism' in Ukraine is more dangerous and therefore only extreme measures will succeed. US intelligence told the world prior to the Russian invasion on 24, February 2022 that the Putin government intended to "denazify" Ukraine, and had lists of Ukrainians to be executed and others to be interned in re-education camps - similar to the camps for the Uyghurs in China. The manifesto here is very reminiscent of musings by Hitler and Stalin. It is chilling and paints a picture of mass murder, mass incarceration (Siberian gulags?), and the end of independent Ukraine.

The copy here was translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) based in Washington, D.C. I realize it is long and indecipherable in places, but everyone should read this.....

Russian Columnist Sergeytsev: Ukranian 'Nazism' A Greater Threat To The World Than German Nazism

No, we can’t do that. Russia is too large for that and besides China and India won’t go along.

Well Western Europe won’t have a choice

Not going to happen.

Lol, so you want to seize property owned by the people who oppose Putin? This will hurt Putin how? Actually it will reinforce Putin because the message will be sent, “the west hates you more than the KKK hated blacks and now you have only one place to go, and that’s to us”
We can seize the oligarchs yachts and we can seize their real estate too. Western Europe is not paying for their gas with rubles either. You seem to be overestimating the importance of Russia like we overestimated their military. We don't need Russia and we must make Putin pay dearly. Making Russia a non-entity should be our number one priority. Also the message that genocide of a sovereign nation will not be tolerated in the 21st century is one that will benefit the world greatly in the future. F**k Russia.

We can seize the oligarchs yachts and we can seize their real estate too. Western Europe is not paying for their gas with rubles either. You seem to be overestimating the importance of Russia like we overestimated their military. We don't need Russia and we must make Putin pay dearly. Making Russia a non-entity should be our number one priority. Also the message that genocide of a sovereign nation will not be tolerated in the 21st century is one that will benefit the world greatly in the future. F**k Russia.

And as I pointed out earlier, we have no actual way to compel China, India and the Third World to go along with your plan.

Sure we do. Sanctions.

The US and EU markets are far more alluring to China and India than the cratering Russian economy.

It now appears he thinks he can cut Ukraine in 2 and take the east and southern regions. The Ukrainians are the ones that took his plans off the table.

You don't know what his plans were or how they were to be prosecuted.

Everyone thinks he failed to capture Kiev yet nobody wonders how he expected so few troops would capture and hold a city of 3 million people

Same with Kharkiv.

I am no military expert but I do listen to some that are and they have stated that these were diversionary attacks to set up the attack we are now going to see be carried out. The battle in the east where Russia is hoping to encircle and destroy the Ukrainian troop concentrations there. That's around 120,000 of Ukraines best soldiers

No it's not and not even close. You are engaging in ridiculous hyperbole and trying to pass it off as informed opinion
Did you even read the Kremlin backed paper? They have classified Ukrainians and their culture as subhumans that must be exterminated. It's a page right out of Stalin and and Hitler's playbook. How you can be complicit with such dystopian lies is beyond understanding.

You don't know what his plans were or how they were to be prosecuted.

Everyone thinks he failed to capture Kiev yet nobody wonders how he expected so few troops would capture and hold a city of 3 million people

Same with Kharkiv.

I am no military expert but I do listen to some that are and they have stated that these were diversionary attacks to set up the attack we are now going to see be carried out. The battle in the east where Russia is hoping to encircle and destroy the Ukrainian troop concentrations there. That's around 120,000 of Ukraines best soldiers
You don't sacrifice 8 generals and 15,000 Russian soldiers in a "diversionary attack."

Back
Top Bottom