• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A jury says InfoWars' Alex Jones must pay 2 Sandy Hook parents more than $4 million

bomberfox

Suspended
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Alex Jones in a trial that has been nothing but music to my ears is being brought to justice for the pain he has wrought on innocent families.

This guy is just an impulsive liar who actually seems totally incapable of telling the truth.

The decision is final on the compensatory damages, next trial will determine punitive damages.

From 9/11 trutherism to sandy hook to jan 6th this man has been one of the kingpins of “alternative facts and my truth”.

Trump if re-elected will exonerate Alex Jones his buddy. If Alex goes to jail Trump will free him.

Alex Jones in a trial that has been nothing but music to my ears is being brought to justice for the pain he has wrought on innocent families.

This guy is just an impulsive liar who actually seems totally incapable of telling the truth.

The decision is final on the compensatory damages, next trial will determine punitive damages.

From 9/11 trutherism to sandy hook to jan 6th this man has been one of the kingpins of “alternative facts and my truth”.

I have only heard him briefly on rare occasions, but as disturbing, and as disturbed, as this man is, what makes me shudder it knowing how many people listen to him and buy into his hyperbolic horseshit.

I find it very hard to have faith in an America where this man is successful.

What a scum bucket. He deserves way more than he's getting. At least justice has been served to those poor families. What a horror show he put them through.

Was the parent who was laughing on video after the shooting paid? Curious.

They should got more than 4.1.

They should got more than 4.1.
I think the compensatory was 4.1. we will see what the punitive damages are soon.

Hopefully it will be high enough that he will feel it for the rest of his life.

I don't think he will get out of it with bankruptcy .

This is the first onf three scheduled trials, if I understand the situation. The $ 4 million seems light, but is only to reimburse the parents for medical outlays, the punitive phase will be revealing. This should grease the skids for subsequent legal proceedings.

Alex Jones is a loathesome troll and I wish him bad fortune. That said, what harm did he cause these parents suffer by the awful lies Jones said, in a country with a 1st Amendment. I know he said that it was a hoax but did he say that the parents were complicit or something directly impugning individuals?

Alex Jones is a loathesome troll and I wish him bad fortune. That said, what harm did he cause these parents suffer by the awful lies Jones said, in a country with a 1st Amendment. I know he said that it was a hoax but did he say that the parents were complicit or something directly impugning individuals?
Yes.

Seriously, are you not paying attention? One of the families had to move ten times because Jones goons kept doxxing them. This has NOTHING to do with the 1st Amendment. It's a private suit between individuals.

Just curious if the parent who was laughing immediately after the shooting, and in prep for the video, was one of the compensated.

Speaking as a parent, if I was the result of Alex Jones getting royally screwed after what he did, ya I'd laugh at the fact he just got bent over and had his cheeks spread also.

Payback is a bitch.

WW

Alex Jones is a loon and has filed for bankruptcy.

This calls into question whether or not an individual that has a website that dispenses news and opinion is liable for the emotional distress and harm that he or she causes when that individual works at what is called a news organization. If that is the case, anyone can personally sue the members of CNN, MSNBC, ABC, Fox, et al for emotional harm and they cannot hide behind the veil of being a "news" organization.

In any event, I don't know of too many conservatives that would defend Alex Jones. it would be like liberals rising to the defense of Mika Brezinski or Max Boot.

Was the parent who was laughing on video after the shooting paid? Curious.
How does it feel to be duped again?

Alex Jones admitted this and other conspiracy theories were made up. He made a lot of money off his ignorant audience.

I wonder how many other lies you fell for.

How does it feel to be duped again?

Alex Jones admitted this and other conspiracy theories were made up. He made a lot of money off his ignorant audience.

I wonder how many other lies you fell for.
Not close to what far-left liberals consume every day when they watch MSM.

Not close to what far-left liberals consume every day when they watch MSM.
The problem is that in an attempt to get away from MSM these fools get sucked into these extreme sights. These sights know their audience is vulnerable and ignorant.This is how we got the Trump cultists.

Back
Top Bottom