• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Hurricane by Wishful Thinking

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
There has been no hurricane anywhere in the Atlantic so far this year. We are 12 days away from the peak of the hurricane season (Sept. 15th) and still no hurricane. I imagine this has the AGW people in a state of desperation. Not only are the temperatures not going up but the hurricanes are not showing up. What's an AGW pimp to do?

Why, you dream up a hurricane with your computer models, of course. And that's what they are doing.

A depression has formed off of the Antilles, and the modelers already have it destroying the Gulf Coast.

In reality, chances are 5 to 1 that it won't develop into anything, according to NOAA.

You have a "No Hurricane" lately string just a little down the page:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/envir...rs-since-major-hurricane-struck-us-coast.html

I realize your purpose here is to Spam up 1-3 Denialist headlines Daily, NOT debate; in fact, barely reply. (talk about 'politicization')
If you insist on Burying the section instead of Debating under extant topics - and you do - could you at least not Duplicate yourself.
Thx.

This section (esp last 5 pages or so) is becoming a graveyard of barely discussed Lowdown 'win'-by-Quantity strings.
Had I not mixed in a few of my own (I admit) for Some semblance of balance, it would be Over Half.

Last edited:
But we need to find an excuse to continue to spend taxpayer money on environmental stimulus! This is blasphemy!

There has been no hurricane anywhere in the Atlantic so far this year. We are 12 days away from the peak of the hurricane season (Sept. 15th) and still no hurricane. I imagine this has the AGW people in a state of desperation. Not only are the temperatures not going up but the hurricanes are not showing up. What's an AGW pimp to do?

Why, you dream up a hurricane with your computer models, of course. And that's what they are doing.

A depression has formed off of the Antilles, and the modelers already have it destroying the Gulf Coast.

In reality, chances are 5 to 1 that it won't develop into anything, according to NOAA.

Every day in every way the warmer cults dire predictions fall apart just as all dooms day predictions come and go.

Doesn't anyone bother to look at links posted? If a reasonable person looked at the tweet at the link, they would see a small pic showing modeled tracks for the system 97L - only one of the models is shown tracking toward the Gulf, NOTHING in the tweet can be construed as predicting destruction of the Gulf Coast.

One might say a deliberate falsehood was posted in the OP

Back
Top Bottom