• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A huge lie that has been told so many time people think it is true.

The fools on the left will hate this, since they have been brain washed with the huge lie of separation of church and state for so long, they think it is true.

This has been ruled on very consistently over the centuries. No government, Federal, state or local may attempt to establish any type of official religion. The job of the supreme court is to establish the intent of the words in our constitution. Based on many statements made by our founding fathers like Thomas Jefferson it becomes incredibly obvious that the intent here was to insure that no individual religion was viewed more or less favoritively than any other, and that the business of the government could not and should not be influenced by any specific religion.

This has been ruled on very consistently over the centuries. No government, Federal, state or local may attempt to establish any type of official religion. The job of the supreme court is to establish the intent of the words in our constitution. Based on many statements made by our founding fathers like Thomas Jefferson it becomes incredibly obvious that the intent here was to insure that no individual religion was viewed more or less favoritively than any other, and that the business of the government could not and should not be influenced by any specific religion.
Realize religion is a small subset of ideology and no religion in government is a governmental ideology (called atheism). Every other ideology is allowed in American government. What did religion do wrong?

Realize religion is a small subset of ideology
Religion is an ideology based upon faith. Laws and government action must be evidence-based. When you're imposing your will on millions of people you need facts, math, and reason on your side.

and no religion in government is a governmental ideology (called atheism).
False. Atheism is not an ideology. It's a lack of ideology. There are no tenets of atheism. Atheists believe whatever the evidence put before them tells them. There is no single leader, set of leaders or set or rules that guide all Atheists and there is no requirement of atheists to adhere to any specific belief under threat of punishment.

Every other ideology is allowed in American government. What did religion do wrong?
It bases it's core tenets entirely on faith and the assumption that flawless leaders who are speaking directly with God always know what's best for us regardless of what evidence or reasoning they can put forward to support those beliefs. There is no way to question or criticize decisions that are being made arbitrarily based on the idea that it is the will of some magical sky monster.

Realize religion is a small subset of ideology and no religion in government is a governmental ideology (called atheism). Every other ideology is allowed in American government. What did religion do wrong?

No, simply not having religion in gov't is not 'atheism'.

Words have meanings.

You said you voted for Nader. Did you think he'd win against Obama or McCain? Nader was an environmentalist. Is that why you voted for him?

You apparently don't know Nader very well. His policies are mostly fiscal. Not environmental. and again... I voted for him because his policies were more in line with mine than the others.

Now let actually look at what the founding fathers wanted and were saying.

Yes, by all means, lets.

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution... In some instances they have been seen to erect a spiritual tyranny on the ruins of the Civil authority; in many instances they have been seen upholding the thrones of political tyranny: in no instance have they been seen the guardians of the liberties of the people. Rulers who wished to subvert the public liberty, may have found an established Clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just Government instituted to secure & perpetuate it needs them not."
-James Madison

Did you vote for Obama so he'd be the first African-American president? Or even vote for Obama because he's African-American?

I did not. Next question.

I guess you voted for Obama so he'd be the first African-American president because Obama is African-American. This makes you a SJW racist because you voted for Obama because of his skin color.

Lol what.

Just for fun, some judge should put a pic of Beelzebub in the courtroom.

What is the caffeine content of your morning covfefe?

And the typical DP LEFT Alinsky Bull**** deflection NON-SEQUITUR NON-RESPONSE.

Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
What is the caffeine content of your morning covfefe?

And the typical DP LEFT Alinsky Bull**** deflection NON-SEQUITUR NON-RESPONSE.

Oh, it's a RESPONSE because it has obviously triggered the sensitivities of a SNOWFLAKE. The OP is simply nonsense which has been debunked multiple times but we continue to see the claims time and time again. So maybe some covfefe is the best solution -- for some.

Religion is an ideology based upon faith. Laws and government action must be evidence-based. When you're imposing your will on millions of people you need facts, math, and reason on your side.

False. Atheism is not an ideology. It's a lack of ideology. There are no tenets of atheism. Atheists believe whatever the evidence put before them tells them. There is no single leader, set of leaders or set or rules that guide all Atheists and there is no requirement of atheists to adhere to any specific belief under threat of punishment.

It bases it's core tenets entirely on faith and the assumption that flawless leaders who are speaking directly with God always know what's best for us regardless of what evidence or reasoning they can put forward to support those beliefs. There is no way to question or criticize decisions that are being made arbitrarily based on the idea that it is the will of some magical sky monster.
How can you believe this bolded part of your post?
Abortion is evidenced based?? ACA is an applicable tax is evidenced base?? Hate crimes are evidence based?? The Trump campaign is guilty of working with Russians to fix the 2016 election is evidenced based?? Man (AGW) is the main or only causer of climate change is evidenced based?? There are numerous other examples of faith displayed in American gov't but it would be too tedious for me to list them all.

BTW, when one is atheist or hedonistic, they are displaying faith.

No, simply not having religion in gov't is not 'atheism'.

Words have meanings.

It's discrimination since every other ideology except religion is allowed in American government and all ideology is faith-based.

Last edited:
You apparently don't know Nader very well. His policies are mostly fiscal. Not environmental. and again... I voted for him because his policies were more in line with mine than the others.

See, this is what I'm getting at. What are your political beliefs? And you don't think Nader was environmental? Have you heard about his workings to increase gas mileage and reduce exhaust in cars?

Lol what.

You referring to the second and third posts of mine? I posted them but didn't receive the 'I did not' response from PR until after my third post. I was too lazy to correct my third post.

See, this is what I'm getting at. What are your political beliefs? And you don't think Nader was environmental? Have you heard about his workings to increase gas mileage and reduce exhaust in cars?

He cares about the environment but that does not make one an environmentalists outright. Besides... what does environmentalism have to do with anything we are discussing? You said I was a SJW racist. Yet have failed to prove that I'm either. Are you now actually going to fish and try to draw a line between environmentalists and racism?

He cares about the environment but that does not make one an environmentalists outright. Besides... what does environmentalism have to do with anything we are discussing? You said I was a SJW racist. Yet have failed to prove that I'm either. Are you now actually going to fish and try to draw a line between environmentalists and racism?

I think you're an SJW and SJWs are racist. Prove me wrong and I'll relent.

I think you're an SJW and SJWs are racist. Prove me wrong and I'll relent.

Can't prove a negative. Sorry you don't have the intellect to know that. It was your accusation you threw out there. That you are running away from proving your accusation is no surprise because that would take more than 3rd grade guess-work.

Can't prove a negative. Sorry you don't have the intellect to know that. It was your accusation you threw out there. That you are running away from proving your accusation is no surprise because that would take more than 3rd grade guess-work.

Do you believe, for example, that minorities should be given admissions treatment for college that doesn't reflect their work progress in high school?
Do you believe for example, that more women should have higher jobs than present because there aren't enough women in higher jobs because there are more women than men in the world?

Are you saying there is no god like there is no Loch Ness monster? Prove there is no god. Prove there is no Loch Ness monster. It's ideology to you just as it's ideology to Logical1 (thinkin' that L1 may need to change his ID).
You’re the one claiming a “God” exists. The burden of proof is on you to support your claim.

It's discrimination since every other ideology except religion is allowed in American government and all ideology is faith-based.

I'm sorry but you can't use your holy book to dictate laws for me, and you're just going to have to get the **** over it.

Back
Top Bottom