• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And It’s Coming To The US

Scientists are backing the climate movement lead by the students.

"350 Dutch scientists and researchers have signed a letter backing the climate change movement led by students.

Oceanologist and Professor Geert-Jan Brummer, who signed the letter, believed today's youth have the power to influence the European government.

“The students see the urgency of this whole thing, actually for as much as I’m concerned, better than politicians,” he said speaking about the young activists.

But academics aren't the only ones showing support for these climate change activists. With the European elections looming, some politicians are joining the movement as well."

https://www.euronews.com/2019/02/07...ers-join-climate-change-movement-raw-politics

Federal agencies under Donald Trump are also warning about the devastating effects of manmade global warming, like for example NASA.

https://climate.nasa.gov/effects/

That the evidence of manmade global warming is so overwhelming that Trump have failed in his attempts to influence the federal agencies. For example that Trump's appointment of a former climate denier as head of NASA didn’t work. Because Jim Bridenstine, a Republican from Oklahoma studied the evidence and know acknowledge the scientific consensus on manmade global warming.

https://www.space.com/40857-trumps-...n-climate-change-he-is-a-scientific-hero.html

Last edited:
Uh huh, but these girls aren't dreaming, they're acting. Be afraid all you deniers, these are the generations that will seal the doom of the anti-science GOP in america. Younger folks are not as apt to believe the bullcrap that comes from the right as their folks who lived through cold wars and the fear of communism. Politics for a bunch of younger people is about social rights and wrongs, not about making as much money as is possible while tromping on the necks and backs of others.

Yes young people have to take action then the leaders of the world don't care about their future. There you also have extrem examples like for example Donald Trump that wants to spend billions of dollars per year propping up coal plants instead of taking action to combat manmade global warming.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-d...save-americas-failing-coal-fired-power-plants

Trump also want to abolish emissions rules for power plants that have prevented 11,000 premature deaths each year and a dramatically reduced mercury pollution,

https://www.lung.org/about-us/media/press-releases/mercury-and-air-toxics.html

Last edited:
There are many positive examples from around the world. For example that Denmark got 68 percent of electricity supply originated from renewables and wind power covered 40.8 percent.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/01/0...-soared-2018-renewable-energy-report-denmark/

While 20 percent of households have solar power in Australia, saving on average 540 Australian dollars per year.

https://www.cleanenergycouncil.org....ith-rooftop-solar-tops-2-million-and-counting

Republicans are also on a local level starting to see the benefits of renewable energy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshua...n-leaders-love-renewable-energy/#631e530f3da7

No, they're just sick and tired of the older generations, particularly the boomers, actively screwing the environment for their future because they're scientifically illiterate and don't care about the consequences because they've already got one foot in the coffin.

They should be mad, damn mad, because it's their future we're screwing up with our ignorance and refusal to act.

The boomers have played a large part in cleaning up the environment after they were handed a world that polluted the rivers and the air.

Get your facts straight for once in your life.

my issue is that we allowed these clowns to hijack an actual scientific term.
Climate change is a real scientific term.

Global warming is a theory.

They couldn't push Global warming and people didn't believe them so they had to hijack climate change and make it this mean nasty thing
when it isn't.

all it does is show the level of dishonesty that these people will go to in order to push their agenda on everyone else.

What was it that Prager U released about climate change?
That there are three groups that concern themselves with it.

1. Being mainly the scientist who are looking for a way to confirm combat climate change.
2. Are the skeptics in the scientific community, who recognize that there is currently no way to quantify humanities contribution to climate change.
3. The silly bastards that just want to profit from pushing their own narrative.

Everyone really hates group #3.

Indoctrination by government schools at its finest.

So yes, they're dreaming and not only that. But you seem to be tossing a **** load of speculation on how you should be believe. Because you've just attributed motive to something that wasn't even present in the first place. Being skeptical about climate change, isn't being anti-science and the last time I checked. My lean still fell onto the center-left of the spectrum.

So the moment science can actually nail this stupidity down, with far less of a margin for error than it already has. Then I'd be more wiling to actually to believe the pro-climate change awareness movement, or whatever nonsensical names it's been given this time around. Seeing as when I was younger, it was still being called global warming.

Comrade, the debate is over, climate is changing for the worse and if we don't do something future generations will suffer. To think there are people who still think like you boggles my brain. Things are happening in weather today that just weren't happening forty years ago, things non scientists can see and feel for themselves. Something like the last nineteen or twenty years have been the hottest on record. Some places have received record rainfalls, fires, hurricanes. Yes all of these things normally happen but it's not a coincidence that we have had a dozen five hundred years storms in ten years. I know the right likes to say they are not anti science but this issue alone says differently and your post proves the point. It's sad that the right needs a smoking howitzer to believe anything.

Comrade, the debate is over, climate is changing for the worse and if we don't do something future generations will suffer. To think there are people who still think like you boggles my brain. Things are happening in weather today that just weren't happening forty years ago, things non scientists can see and feel for themselves. Something like the last nineteen or twenty years have been the hottest on record. Some places have received record rainfalls, fires, hurricanes. Yes all of these things normally happen but it's not a coincidence that we have had a dozen five hundred years storms in ten years. I know the right likes to say they are not anti science but this issue alone says differently and your post proves the point. It's sad that the right needs a smoking howitzer to believe anything.

Then I offer you the chance to post citations for all of this proof that should be right in front of our faces.

Because as of now, the actual scientific community still agrees that long term predictions, or estimations of these effects are impossible. This stance comes from the IPCC itself(Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change).

So long as you can cite me a study that is actually covered by scientist who study the environment for the benefit of the people and not their own pockets. Then you might have a steak in the matter. But telling me that I'm wrong simple because you believe I'm wrong "and this is a spoiler" doesn't in fact, make me wrong.

Because all it appears you can do right now, is berate me for having a difference of opinion. Which I'm also going to spoil for you, is by a vast majority, the only response that anyone from the left really has against a skeptic.

So please, cite for me this evidence.

Then I offer you the chance to post citations for all of this proof that should be right in front of our faces.

Because as of now, the actual scientific community still agrees that long term predictions, or estimations of these effects are impossible. This stance comes from the IPCC itself(Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change).

So long as you can cite me a study that is actually covered by scientist who study the environment for the benefit of the people and not their own pockets. Then you might have a steak in the matter. But telling me that I'm wrong simple because you believe I'm wrong "and this is a spoiler" doesn't in fact, make me wrong.

Because all it appears you can do right now, is berate me for having a difference of opinion. Which I'm also going to spoil for you, is by a vast majority, the only response that anyone from the left really has against a skeptic.

So please, cite for me this evidence.

Proof? Folks who hold the same opinion don't want proof because like you say, you're a skeptic. What you want is a dead earth as proof. Anything I post would not convince you so have at your opinion.

You've never seriously studied the climate or environment a single day in your life, but are arrogant enough to believe your opinion, based solely on your politicial lean is more qualified than all of the scientists in the field and all of the mountains of scientific evidence. It has nothing to do with these kids and everything to do with the science.

The implication that these children invented climate change and thus it all should be dismissed are the ramblings of an uneducated lunatic. I swear to god science deniers are the dumbest mother ****ers on the planet. Ramble on.

I'm sorry, where might we find your argument against a single point that I made? It certainly isn't to be found above, which is little more than an ad hom red herring.

Whether or not I have studied the climate or environment is irrelevant to the fact that these children, these teen girl hysterics, have done nothing to be sentimentalized as having a worldly collective wisdom, or competence, or a special moral authority. Genuflect before the acting out teen child all you like, but anyone who swoons over a gaggle of screaming teen girls blindly following their school taught zeitgeist is a fool.

By now we should all be aware of the passions and haze of mobilized youth, so gullible that both Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy used them as their "moral authority" to cleanse their nations of reason - nothing like pig-tailed girls and well ordered boys screaming "The future belongs to us", no? (Google youtube for an illustration).

And of one thing I am certain, I don't know more about climate change than most climate scientists. I don't know more than much of the talented lay public that follows that science. I don't even know more than some of the people on this forum. But I am 100 percent confident I know more than any of these hormone saturated 15 year old hair-pullers.

As I stated:

"You may applaud their antics, cater to their pretentious self-importance, cheer their pseudo independence, and shed tears at their nobility - but some of us are actually serious and thoughtful about our convictions, and decline to do so."

Fossil fuel companies have funded massive disinformation and lobbying campaigns for many decades to delay the transition away from fossil fuels.

"Growing public evidence demonstrates that Exxon and other oil companies understood climate risks by the 1980s, yet spent millions to sow uncertainty and misinformation about climate science.

The documents that follow—industry histories, scientific articles, oral testimonies, patents—span more than half a century of industry research and industry action. They offer compelling evidence that oil executives were actively debating climate science in the 1950s, and were explicitly warned about climate risks a decade later. Just as importantly, they offer glimpses into why the industry undertook this research, and how it used the results to sow scientific uncertainty and public skepticism."

Smoke & Fumes

I'm sorry, where might we find your argument against a single point that I made? It certainly isn't to be found above, which is little more than an ad hom red herring.

Whether or not I have studied the climate or environment is irrelevant to the fact that these children, these teen girl hysterics, have done nothing to be sentimentalized as having a worldly collective wisdom, or competence, or a special moral authority. Genuflect before the acting out teen child all you like, but anyone who swoons over a gaggle of screaming teen girls blindly following their school taught zeitgeist is a fool.

By now we should all be aware of the passions and haze of mobilized youth, so gullible that both Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy used them as their "moral authority" to cleanse their nations of reason - nothing like pig-tailed girls and well ordered boys screaming "The future belongs to us", no? (Google youtube for an illustration).

And of one thing I am certain, I don't know more about climate change than most climate scientists. I don't know more than much of the talented lay public that follows that science. I don't even know more than some of the people on this forum. But I am 100 percent confident I know more than any of these hormone saturated 15 year old hair-pullers.

As I stated:

"You may applaud their antics, cater to their pretentious self-importance, cheer their pseudo independence, and shed tears at their nobility - but some of us are actually serious and thoughtful about our convictions, and decline to do so."

People should be judge by their actions. There the kids are listen to the scientists and taking action for a better future.

While adults in charge have for many decades ignored the warnings from the scientists about manmade global warming. There you even up to this day have politicians like Donald Trump that hire and listen to the fossil fuel companies lobbyists instead of taking action on climate change.

How a Coal Baron’s Wish List Became President Trump’s To-Do List - The New York Times

Oil companies lobbied for Trump's relaxed auto standards - Autoblog

Also the kids campaigns have already have result. By increasing the awareness and media coverage of the urgent need for action on climate change in many countries. While also inspire people of all ages to take action and make their voices heard. That they also already made a politician to resign in Belgium.

Belgian minister resigns over school-strike conspiracy claims | World news | The Guardian

What was it that Prager U released about climate change?
That there are three groups that concern themselves with it.

1. Being mainly the scientist who are looking for a way to confirm combat climate change.
2. Are the skeptics in the scientific community, who recognize that there is currently no way to quantify humanities contribution to climate change.
3. The silly bastards that just want to profit from pushing their own narrative.

Everyone really hates group #3.

1. You can't combat a naturally occurring cycle nor are you supposed to. Your geo-engineering is what is going to screw stuff up more. There is more evidence
that we can have another ice age more before you will die of a run away global warming event.
2. Yep humans have an impact but not enough of one that it controls what the climate is going to do.
3. Yep those are called global warming zealots.

Indoctrination by government schools at its finest.

It really is how scary the zealotry is with this thing. It is like a brain washing cult.
as soon as you drink the coolaid you lose any and all critical thinking ability.

It really is how scary the zealotry is with this thing. It is like a brain washing cult.
as soon as you drink the coolaid you lose any and all critical thinking ability.

Regrettably, our children have been brainwashed.

Regrettably, our children have been brainwashed.

Mine haven't. I teach them to think critically and to ask questions and not just repeat crap they hear at school.

Full title: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And It’s Coming To The US Next.

Young women are leading the growing global climate movement.

Europe Climate Change Protests: Teenage Girls Organize Mass School Walkouts And Protests

That children have to take action then the grown ups fail in their duties and responsibilities.

The children skipping school aren't ruining the planet – you are | Srećko Horvat | Opinion | The Guardian

You've been here long enough to know the alarmists argue the subject as persuasively as little girls.
It mostly consists of "Because everybody says so."

I see no point in my post where I said that they invented climate change. So right off the bat you've pretty much revealed just how wrong you are about this who thing.

I'm also not saying that climate change was invented. It's obvious that the climate of the earth is constantly changing, though the effects of humanity on all of this are still very much up in the air. Seeing as we have varied results, I like to stand on the same ground as Richard Lindzen.

Even the IPCC can only say that the burning of CO2 by mankind "might eventually lead to climate change". I being a skeptic on the issue of man made climate change. Know full well that there are multitudes of reasons that the earths climate actually changes and almost none of them are fully understood and that there is no evidence that CO2 emissions are the actual dominant factor.

These children, are not in any way, shape, or form. Going to change anything with wishful thinking. Anymore than your pathetic insults are going to actually come close to effecting us in any actual fashion.

If you have the cold hard facts and the mountains of information that prove you correct. Then I invite you to cite it and a dialogue can be had from that.

So what if the climate is changing, it's been changing from the birth of our planet. And for thousands of years we've adapted. I guess now we're not able to adapt to any changes. So what is the oceans rise, we adapt. In some places warming will be a good thing and in others not so good but we adapt. And we've been good at adapting until now it's never mentioned because they don't want to adapt.

I'll bet if the climate was getting colder the non adopters would be calling for burning all the fossil fuel you can get your hand on. They would be setting fire to oil wells and let them burn until the oil runs out.

You've been here long enough to know the alarmists argue the subject as persuasively as little girls.
It mostly consists of "Because everybody says so."

...Everybody who's anybody in the AGW movement, anyway. It's a club that claims an interest in science - kinda like the KKK claims an interest in race relations.

Full title: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And It’s Coming To The US Next.

Europe Climate Change Protests: Teenage Girls Organize Mass School Walkouts And Protests

That children have to take action then the grown ups fail in their duties and responsibilities.

The children skipping school aren't ruining the planet – you are | Srećko Horvat | Opinion | The Guardian

Have to say, The Westchester Girl and her Full Retard Green Deal just ****ed the **** out of the greenie movement.

That bit of Green idiocy is epic. It’s 1978 SNL worthy.

Proof? Folks who hold the same opinion don't want proof because like you say, you're a skeptic. What you want is a dead earth as proof. Anything I post would not convince you so have at your opinion.

I thank you for running away and proving my assumptions correct.

I'm done with you now.

1. You can't combat a naturally occurring cycle nor are you supposed to. Your geo-engineering is what is going to screw stuff up more. There is more evidence
that we can have another ice age more before you will die of a run away global warming event.
2. Yep humans have an impact but not enough of one that it controls what the climate is going to do.
3. Yep those are called global warming zealots.

I think it got worse when everyone and their mother decided to come out of the wood work. Write up their own report of climate change and pitch it as some sort of strange dogma to the rest of the world. Because there is nothing that says "Trust me on climate change" more than a bachelors in mechanical engineering... (I'm looking at you Bill Nye)

Considering they are the ones who really get to deal with it physically....it makes sense. Futile but sensical.

I think it got worse when everyone and their mother decided to come out of the wood work. Write up their own report of climate change and pitch it as some sort of strange dogma to the rest of the world. Because there is nothing that says "Trust me on climate change" more than a bachelors in mechanical engineering... (I'm looking at you Bill Nye)

It got worse when people abandoned science for politics.

The previous head of the IPCC worked for a company called TERI. TERI is one of the largest scammers of carbon credits.
talk about running a con game carbon credits are the biggest con game out there.

99% of these people do not live the way they want others to live.
Al Gore for example uses more electric in a month than most people use in a year.

These zealots are dangerous to the rest of us.

That is like one guy wanted to dump his solution into hurricanes to weaken them and or take them out.
what this idiot doesn't realize is that hurricanes are a very much needed part of earth climate control.

same goes for these polar vortex's.

the fact is these morons have no clue what they are wanting.
you remove green house gasses from the atmosphere and we freeze to death and starve.

Without naturally occurring greenhouse gases, Earth's average temperature would be near 0°F (or -18°C) instead of the much warmer 59°F (15°C).
NASA GISS: Science Briefs: Greenhouse Gases: Refining the Role of Carbon Dioxide

At present, roughly 30% of the incoming solar radiation is reflected back to space by the clouds, aerosols, and the surface of Earth. Without naturally occurring greenhouse gases, Earth's average temperature would be near 0°F (or -18°C) instead of the much warmer 59°F (15°C).

these geo engineering idiots will make things worse not better.
why? because they are ignorant.

Considering they are the ones who really get to deal with it physically....it makes sense. Futile but sensical.

no this is what indoctrination and stupidity gets you instead of education and science.

Back
Top Bottom