• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A historical glimpse of the Western intervention in the Middle East and the world

Do you agree with the views discussed in this thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stan1990

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The approach of Western powers to the Middle East politics is erroneous and ignorant. The application of force occupy a considerable area in the thinking of the political elites, thinkers and think tanks in the West. The invasion of Iraq, Camp Bucca and Abu Ghraib prisons, the interrogation techniques are clear examples of the force mentality controlling the outcome of American politics. Americans were in Vietnam using chemical weapons, the Orange agent; however, Barack Obama draws a red line for the Syrian army not to use chemical weapons. Americans used the Depleted Uranium in Iraq, but they invade Iraq because of Saddam Hussien possess Chemical weapons. No evidence provided on Iraq manufacturing chemical weapons or Syrian army used them neither against civilian nor against Al-Qaida armed insurgency. I don't understand how is a nation established on the principles of slavery, racial discrimination and the genocide of its native population to claim masterpiece constitution prioritizing the value of human life, freedoms and equality above all other matters. American government can't even provide the residents of flint-Michigan their fundamental human rights in clean water. They even gassed their citizens at peaceful standing rock demonstration.

Then I was made to believe the media that the French approach to the Middle East politics is different, I made a mistake. I read the history of the French Revolution, introducing the idea of separating the church from the state, screaming the slogans about freedom and equality. But it was all about people vigorous fight to gain political power. It was all false. France went on an imperial warpath in the Middle East and Africa after their glorious revolution. Even they were in Vietnam too before the Americans. What was the business of the French army there? Then I was impressed by the French president jack sherak opposing the Americans war on Iraq, so the American media decided to punish him by requesting to change the name of the famous French Fries and boycotting French Louisiana. But politicians like Nikolai Sarkozy, François Hollande and Emmanuel Macron erased all good record of jack sherak and got involved in Mali, Central African Republic, Libya and now in Syria.

I continued to look for an explanation of the Western powers attitude against third wald nations. I had thoughts about Britain, the country that enacts a law to outlaw the slave trade. The mighty British navy enforced that law expropriating every ship transferring slaves and free them. I have to give them credit for that. I mean great nations are all about standing with the righteous for moral reasons. Clearly, I was wrong for the third time. The British intentions were all about looting the wealth of the Middle Eastern, ِAsian and African countries. Even their neighbours in Ireland and Scotland didn't escape the British imperialist mentality. Free the slaves, enslaving whole populations best described British policy in that era.

The history of the West in the Middle East, Africa and Latin America are shameful. And even European governments used oppression against their own people. In recent days, nine French citizens killed and hundreds wounded as the French people take it down to the street to protest a government tax on fuel. The police arrested hundreds of peaceful demonstrators, insulting them and treating them like animals. American militarized police force and British police are no better in handling similar situations. Even countries like Belgium involved in the blood Diamond trade and resumes its own imperialism past in Africa causing the death of at least 10 million Congolese citizens. Western media look like more of a strawman than real authority called falsely, the fourth estate. They are working a full-time advising Middle Eastern people about democracy and resisting tyrannies to replace these called dictatorships with Ultra-Orthodoxy Islamic, a fundamentalist and Al-Qaida tyrannies. And all of that serves the interests of the Western powers with its imperialist nature that planning to come back under fighting terrorism pretext.

End

Western mindset indeed has little understanding of Middle Eastern culture and the intense religious infusion into literally EVERYTHING it entails. Because of this and the inherent violence it creates along with the ways Islam reacts to "Infadel" interference there does not seem any viable way to get along, it seems best to simply leave everything Muslim to itself unless it tries to Jihad its way into a place that does not want it. The problem right now is the refugees this creates within the Islamic world and a younger generation that has tasted western luxuries and wants them but also wants the Islamic philosophies…..the two are simply not compatible and western/Christian people resent the encroachment understandably.

Much of Islamic mentality seems a backward step into centuries old life and reversion vs. progress, which is completely opposed to western ideals.

I vote....Other...which was not an option.

Last edited:
The approach of Western powers to the Middle East politics is erroneous and ignorant. The application of force occupy a considerable area in the thinking of the political elites, thinkers and think tanks in the West. The invasion of Iraq, Camp Bucca and Abu Ghraib prisons, the interrogation techniques are clear examples of the force mentality controlling the outcome of American politics. Americans were in Vietnam using chemical weapons, the Orange agent; however, Barack Obama draws a red line for the Syrian army not to use chemical weapons. Americans used the Depleted Uranium in Iraq, but they invade Iraq because of Saddam Hussien possess Chemical weapons. No evidence provided on Iraq manufacturing chemical weapons or Syrian army used them neither against civilian nor against Al-Qaida armed insurgency. I don't understand how is a nation established on the principles of slavery, racial discrimination and the genocide of its native population to claim masterpiece constitution prioritizing the value of human life, freedoms and equality above all other matters. American government can't even provide the residents of flint-Michigan their fundamental human rights in clean water. They even gassed their citizens at peaceful standing rock demonstration.

Then I was made to believe the media that the French approach to the Middle East politics is different, I made a mistake. I read the history of the French Revolution, introducing the idea of separating the church from the state, screaming the slogans about freedom and equality. But it was all about people vigorous fight to gain political power. It was all false. France went on an imperial warpath in the Middle East and Africa after their glorious revolution. Even they were in Vietnam too before the Americans. What was the business of the French army there? Then I was impressed by the French president jack sherak opposing the Americans war on Iraq, so the American media decided to punish him by requesting to change the name of the famous French Fries and boycotting French Louisiana. But politicians like Nikolai Sarkozy, François Hollande and Emmanuel Macron erased all good record of jack sherak and got involved in Mali, Central African Republic, Libya and now in Syria.

I continued to look for an explanation of the Western powers attitude against third wald nations. I had thoughts about Britain, the country that enacts a law to outlaw the slave trade. The mighty British navy enforced that law expropriating every ship transferring slaves and free them. I have to give them credit for that. I mean great nations are all about standing with the righteous for moral reasons. Clearly, I was wrong for the third time. The British intentions were all about looting the wealth of the Middle Eastern, ِAsian and African countries. Even their neighbours in Ireland and Scotland didn't escape the British imperialist mentality. Free the slaves, enslaving whole populations best described British policy in that era.

The history of the West in the Middle East, Africa and Latin America are shameful. And even European governments used oppression against their own people. In recent days, nine French citizens killed and hundreds wounded as the French people take it down to the street to protest a government tax on fuel. The police arrested hundreds of peaceful demonstrators, insulting them and treating them like animals. American militarized police force and British police are no better in handling similar situations. Even countries like Belgium involved in the blood Diamond trade and resumes its own imperialism past in Africa causing the death of at least 10 million Congolese citizens. Western media look like more of a strawman than real authority called falsely, the fourth estate. They are working a full-time advising Middle Eastern people about democracy and resisting tyrannies to replace these called dictatorships with Ultra-Orthodoxy Islamic, a fundamentalist and Al-Qaida tyrannies. And all of that serves the interests of the Western powers with its imperialist nature that planning to come back under fighting terrorism pretext.

End

Do I agree to a long rambling rant that pinballs between multiple topics and can't seem to concentrate on any other than "USA BAD"?

NO.

PRO TIP: Next time post a poll with a clear and concise question.

BTW - The little girl. Three incidents. When and where were they?

Way too long, meandering and disjointed, and obviously you had a bias going in.

... (Edited for word count limits).

End

stan1990:

The excessive use of violence and coercive force is not limited to Western states by any means. China, India, African States and Latin American states regularly employ violence to their own of foreign states in pursuit of their policy goals and interests. What is different about Western states is the frequency and intensity of the violence applied abroad. The intensity is the result of the reliance by Western militaries on the application of overwhelming destructive force to destroy an adversary rather than risking Western military personnel lives in lower intensity combat. This type of high intensity, capital intensive and highly destructive warfare is what sets the West apart from the rest of the world when it comes to foreign wars or military interventions. The frequency is due to the pervasive militarism which guides the policies of Western states and the domestic vested interests which support and maintain that militarism in a dominant position in Western politics. But the real root of all of this is insatiable greed. That is greed for wealth, greed for power and greed for reputation which drive so much foreign policy decision making in both Western and other halls of power. Greed is the enemy of peace and life.

I would not be so forgiving of Britain in the 19th Century with respect to abolishing slavery. Britain was going through an industrial revolution at the time and was realizing it could out produce and under price most foreign economies with its new machine driven workshops and factories, reaping great profits for British elites and the Empire. But the one thing it could not undercut was slave-labour produced goods and services so slavery had to be suppressed. It was British greed more than British altruism or ethics which ended the slave trade and it is that same greed which shapes British foreign policy today too.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Western mindset indeed has little understanding of Middle Eastern culture and the intense religious infusion into literally EVERYTHING it entails. Because of this and the inherent violence it creates along with the ways Islam reacts to "Infadel" interference there does not seem any viable way to get along, it seems best to simply leave everything Muslim to itself unless it tries to Jihad its way into a place that does not want it. The problem right now is the refugees this creates within the Islamic world and a younger generation that has tasted western luxuries and wants them but also wants the Islamic philosophies…..the two are simply not compatible and western/Christian people resent the encroachment understandably.

Much of Islamic mentality seems a backward step into centuries old life and reversion vs. progress, which is completely opposed to western ideals.

I vote....Other...which was not an option.

I do agree with you
western luxuries and Islamic philosophies don't mix

Do I agree to a long rambling rant that pinballs between multiple topics and can't seem to concentrate on any other than "USA BAD"?

NO.

PRO TIP: Next time post a poll with a clear and concise question.

BTW - The little girl. Three incidents. When and where were they?

Thanks for your comment
I will recognize your feedback in my next thread

Way too long, meandering and disjointed, and obviously you had a bias going in.

Why did you think it's a very long thread?
And how is it biased? I didn't invade Vietnam or intervene in other countries business. I wrote about facts, historical ones.

stan1990:

The excessive use of violence and coercive force is not limited to Western states by any means. China, India, African States and Latin American states regularly employ violence to their own of foreign states in pursuit of their policy goals and interests. What is different about Western states is the frequency and intensity of the violence applied abroad. The intensity is the result of the reliance by Western militaries on the application of overwhelming destructive force to destroy an adversary rather than risking Western military personnel lives in lower intensity combat. This type of high intensity, capital intensive and highly destructive warfare is what sets the West apart from the rest of the world when it comes to foreign wars or military interventions. The frequency is due to the pervasive militarism which guides the policies of Western states and the domestic vested interests which support and maintain that militarism in a dominant position in Western politics. But the real root of all of this is insatiable greed. That is greed for wealth, greed for power and greed for reputation which drive so much foreign policy decision making in both Western and other halls of power. Greed is the enemy of peace and life.

I would not be so forgiving of Britain in the 19th Century with respect to abolishing slavery. Britain was going through an industrial revolution at the time and was realizing it could out produce and under price most foreign economies with its new machine driven workshops and factories, reaping great profits for British elites and the Empire. But the one thing it could not undercut was slave-labour produced goods and services so slavery had to be suppressed. It was British greed more than British altruism or ethics which ended the slave trade and it is that same greed which shapes British foreign policy today too.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

I agree with you
Thanks for your comment

Incorrect.

I have asked you time and again for the post number. If you had actually answered my question it would be a simple thing to provide the post number.

You don't have that many posts.

And i did answer you

Incorrect.

I have asked you time and again for the post number. If you had actually answered my question it would be a simple thing to provide the post number.

He never answered your question, hence no post number.

Incorrect. It is pretty much a lie at this point because we both know you haven't answered.

But there is a quick and easy way to clear this up.

State your answer again.

Look for it again

Incorrect.

We both know you haven't answered.

But there is a quick and easy way to clear this up.

State your answer again.

Look for my answer in the comments

Back
Top Bottom