• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A hero on our president

vegas giants

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Captain Sully Sullenberger who is a registered Republican has a few words for our president

I am a veteran. I volunteered for military service during wartime. So did my father. His generation saved the world from fascism.

In our travels, my wife Lorrie and I have always made it a point to visit military bases, hospitals and cemeteries, to meet and honor those who serve and have served our nation.

I have long known that serving a cause greater than oneself is the highest calling, whether in the military or in civilian life. And I have always tried to be a voice of reason and to speak in a measured way.

But this situation calls for a much more direct approach. It is time to call out egregious behavior for what it is.

For the first time in American history, a president has repeatedly shown utter and vulgar contempt and disrespect for those who have served and died serving our country.

While I am not surprised, I am disgusted by the current occupant of the Oval Office. He has repeatedly and consistently shown himself to be completely unfit for and to have no respect for the office he holds.

He took an oath of office that is similar to the one that each person takes who enters the U.S. Military. But he has completely failed to uphold his oath.

Now we know why. He has admitted that he cannot comprehend the concept of service above self.

He cannot understand selflessness because he is selfish. He cannot conceive of courage because he is a coward. He cannot feel duty because he is disloyal.

We owe it not only to those who have served and sacrificed for our nation, but to ourselves and to succeeding generations to vote him out.

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’ - The Atlantic via The Atlantic

'''Miracle on the Hudson''' pilot Sully slams Trump, US troop "loser" report - Business Insider

more and more people have caught on to Trump's con game.

it's about time.

"He cannot understand selflessness because he is selfish. He cannot conceive of courage because he is a coward. He cannot feel duty because he is disloyal."

What proof do you have that Trump said these things about veterans or are you gonna stick with somebody said it so it must be true?

When fox news confirmed it then I knew it was true

"He cannot understand selflessness because he is selfish. He cannot conceive of courage because he is a coward. He cannot feel duty because he is disloyal."

They asked Sully to run for office for the gop after he got famous. He would have been easily elected. He declined because he said he was not a political guy. But I guess what trump has said is just too much for him to keep quiet about

What proof do you have that Trump said these things about veterans or are you gonna stick with somebody said it so it must be true?

Several news sources have independently verified what he said, Including FOX.

You have GOT to be kidding.

Several news sources have independently verified what he said, Including FOX.

Of course you believe the fake news and not the many people who were actually there and have said it never happened. You will do, say and believe anything just because you have an unhinged hatred for the man.

Fox News did or was it some turncoat Trump hater employed by Fox news?

interesting defense of trump. Anyone who would do their job a verify something like this is a turncoat hater? So you think only pro trump news should be reported by Fox? That's not how it works in America comrade.

Captain Sully Sullenberger who is a registered Republican has a few words for our president

I am a veteran. I volunteered for military service during wartime. So did my father. His generation saved the world from fascism.

In our travels, my wife Lorrie and I have always made it a point to visit military bases, hospitals and cemeteries, to meet and honor those who serve and have served our nation.

I have long known that serving a cause greater than oneself is the highest calling, whether in the military or in civilian life. And I have always tried to be a voice of reason and to speak in a measured way.

But this situation calls for a much more direct approach. It is time to call out egregious behavior for what it is.

For the first time in American history, a president has repeatedly shown utter and vulgar contempt and disrespect for those who have served and died serving our country.

While I am not surprised, I am disgusted by the current occupant of the Oval Office. He has repeatedly and consistently shown himself to be completely unfit for and to have no respect for the office he holds.

He took an oath of office that is similar to the one that each person takes who enters the U.S. Military. But he has completely failed to uphold his oath.

Now we know why. He has admitted that he cannot comprehend the concept of service above self.

He cannot understand selflessness because he is selfish. He cannot conceive of courage because he is a coward. He cannot feel duty because he is disloyal.

We owe it not only to those who have served and sacrificed for our nation, but to ourselves and to succeeding generations to vote him out.

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’ - The Atlantic via The Atlantic

'''Miracle on the Hudson''' pilot Sully slams Trump, US troop "loser" report - Business Insider

Captain Sully openly speaks out against trump?!

Yeah, you've lost America, Donald.

Of course you believe the fake news and not the many people who were actually there and have said it never happened. You will do, say and believe anything just because you have an unhinged hatred for the man.

Confirmed by a lot of sources now

Captain Sully openly speaks out against trump?!

Yeah, you've lost America, Donald.

can't wait to see how the idiots here will attack Sully........

You're the unhinged one in this conversation. Is not fake news simply because you want it not to be true. Everything that surrounds this story indicates that it is true. From the President's public statements to the fact that multiple news organizations have confirmed the reporting.

Just be honest for once and admit that you don't care about what he said.

It fits what he said towards McCain does it not

So FOX is also Fake News now? What ya gonna do when you run out of news source follow the Q?

interesting defense of trump. Anyone who would do their job a verify something like this is a turncoat hater? So you think only pro trump news should be reported by Fox? That's not how it works in America comrade.

The report is not to be believed when citing anonymous sources without third party verification of which as far as I know hasn't happened. Many who were in attendance, including Trump hater Bolton have debunked the story. Why do you choose not to believe those that stand up, be known and face the music?

Fox News did or was it some turncoat Trump hater employed by Fox news?

When will trump cultists run out of excuses for their monster leader?

It fits what he said towards McCain does it not

McCain was a war hero and should be recognized as such but as a republican, he was a turncoat embarrassment to the party. Trump's attack on him was personal and misguided but McCain deserved it.

If McCain were still alive, I think it is likely that he would be openly endorsing Biden.

No doubt about that. McCain would have been one of the speakers at the DNC if he was available.

Back
Top Bottom