• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A hero on our president

Captain Sully Sullenberger who is a registered Republican has a few words for our president

I am a veteran. I volunteered for military service during wartime. So did my father. His generation saved the world from fascism.

In our travels, my wife Lorrie and I have always made it a point to visit military bases, hospitals and cemeteries, to meet and honor those who serve and have served our nation.

I have long known that serving a cause greater than oneself is the highest calling, whether in the military or in civilian life. And I have always tried to be a voice of reason and to speak in a measured way.

But this situation calls for a much more direct approach. It is time to call out egregious behavior for what it is.

For the first time in American history, a president has repeatedly shown utter and vulgar contempt and disrespect for those who have served and died serving our country.

While I am not surprised, I am disgusted by the current occupant of the Oval Office. He has repeatedly and consistently shown himself to be completely unfit for and to have no respect for the office he holds.

He took an oath of office that is similar to the one that each person takes who enters the U.S. Military. But he has completely failed to uphold his oath.

Now we know why. He has admitted that he cannot comprehend the concept of service above self.

He cannot understand selflessness because he is selfish. He cannot conceive of courage because he is a coward. He cannot feel duty because he is disloyal.

We owe it not only to those who have served and sacrificed for our nation, but to ourselves and to succeeding generations to vote him out.

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’ - The Atlantic via The Atlantic

'''Miracle on the Hudson''' pilot Sully slams Trump, US troop "loser" report - Business Insider

sully.jpg

take a step back and think about this...

there are some people in our country that do NOT understand that what Sully said is true.

they are lost/dark souls.

"Now we know why. He has admitted that he cannot comprehend the concept of service above self".

What does this statement actually mean? How many of us staring death in the face when confronted by an armed enemy whose intent is to kill us in any way possible would remain calm and say "I am ready to die right here, right now". To have that mindset would certainly be "service above self".

That would be a rare individual indeed, a true hero of which there are not many amongst us. I don't think I could do it and don't even bother with saying you would. I don't believe it. If Trump did say that I think he was just being honest without false bravado. Now, go find something else to complain about.

"Now we know why. He has admitted that he cannot comprehend the concept of service above self".

What does this statement actually mean? How many of us staring death in the face when confronted by an armed enemy whose intent is to kill us in any way possible would remain calm and say "I am ready to die right here, right now". To have that mindset would certainly be "service above self".

That would be a rare individual indeed, a true hero of which there are not many amongst us. I don't think I could do it and don't even bother with saying you would. I don't believe it. If Trump did say that I think he was just being honest without false bravado. Now, go find something else to complain about.

That is pretty disgusting dude

"He could've landed that plane at the airport. He risked everyone's lives when he put it in the river."

Yeah, he's a ****ing showboater

I have a very dear friend that was onboard Sully's plane when it went into the Hudson and She adores him to this day. She has nothing but the best things to say about what a humble man he is.

Back
Top Bottom