• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A hero on our president

McCain was a war hero and should be recognized as such but as a republican, he was a turncoat embarrassment to the party. Trump's attack on him was personal and misguided but McCain deserved it.

Keep throwing everyone who isn't a right-wing extremist under the bus. You are going to be surprised how many never-trumpers there are on election day.

On January 20, 2021

Trump is the last grasp of this generation of republicans... They feel it all slipping away, hence the level of alarm we are seeing in his supporters...

Last edited:
Keep throwing everyone who isn't a right-wing extremist under the bus. You are going to be surprised how many never-trumpers there are on election day.

The thing to not underestimate is how well his message of fear will resonate with some Americans. The idea of roving hordes of people coming for their lunches is a pretty old, but effective rallying cry. I don't doubt many will know he's a grade A clown but vote for him anyway.

What proof do you have that Trump said these things about veterans or are you gonna stick with somebody said it so it must be true?

I wonder if you're capable of realizing that every time you reject a claim, you're undercutting your effort to excuse trump's atrocious behavior after you've finally given up trying to deny it happened.

In other words, by pretending to deny it, you're broadcasting, "Whoah! This is really bad!!"

Confirmed by a lot of sources now

I'm not aware of those who actually heard him say that come out to speak. It's important for those who heard it first hand to report it to the public. Maybe they're waiting for an October surprise?

What proof do you have that Trump said these things about veterans or are you gonna stick with somebody said it so it must be true?

I believe the apt question is what does it take for you to come out of the darkness and see the light? Trump's track record is both well established by all that has been written about him and all that we can observe. Sully's line is right on target:

"He cannot understand selflessness because he is selfish. He cannot conceive of courage because he is a coward. He cannot feel duty because he is disloyal."

Your continuing to cling to this fantasy that Trump is some greater person than has clearly come to light for most, lie is bordering on pathetic. The only "lie" you should be concerned about is your world view. You are just flat out wrong. Embrace the light of truth, it will set you free. Trump is an unusually flawed human being. He is so flawed that he is unfit for the job he has and must be removed.

Then again, moles are blind and keep their heads in the dirt. Good name.

can't wait to see how the idiots here will attack Sully........

"He could've landed that plane at the airport. He risked everyone's lives when he put it in the river."

What?????????? Bolton said Trump did not say that BUT it sounds like something Trump would say so he must have said it anyway, even though I did not hear him say it. Hang you hat on that!

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

You asserted: "Many who were in attendance, including Trump hater Bolton have debunked the story."

Definition, "debunk": To expose or ridicule the falseness, sham, or exaggerated claims of

Did Bolton "debunk" this story? No, he did not.

The report is not to be believed when citing anonymous sources without third party verification of which as far as I know hasn't happened. Many who were in attendance, including Trump hater Bolton have debunked the story. Why do you choose not to believe those that stand up, be known and face the music?

The Atlantic reported it. At the very least, the AP and FOX news have verified it. Keep spinning.

Trump is the last grasp of this generation of Republicans. They feel it all slipping away, hence the level of alarm we are seeing in his supporters.

Republicans had MANY choices in 2016. It was never "Donald Trump and everyone else." He was simply one more choice they had, nothing but a name on the ballot because the other candidates had political offices on their resumes. So the only reason to for the Republicans to support him must have been his personality. That is why I never stop asking his supporters what they like about him as MAN, not the President. If only being a Republican mattered, every conservative voter would have voted for someone else.

"He could've landed that plane at the airport. He risked everyone's lives when he put it in the river."

Landing at the airport would have risked their lives too if he could.

I saw Sully's post on facebook, this morning. I'm not aware that's he posted anything political before. I love Sully. I read the book about him and saw the movie. He's a humble man, and truly an American hero. I hope Trump's rotten opinion of vets and other military loses him a huge amount of votes.

I wonder if you're capable of realizing that every time you reject a claim, you're undercutting your effort to excuse trump's atrocious behavior after you've finally given up trying to deny it happened.

In other words, by pretending to deny it, you're broadcasting, "Whoah! This is really bad!!"

I am not rejecting ligitamate claims against Trump who I freely admit is not perfect. I just do not accept the trumped up bull ***t.

I knew long ago that Trump was selfish and only cared about himself, and I don't even believe he said what the Atlantic claims he said (conveniently just as he was starting to recover in the polls).

That's one reason I didn't vote for him in 2016 and won't vote for him in November.

But I also have no real reason to believe Biden or Harris are any different - they just give better talk, because that's what their base expects. I also hate their platform.

So I won't vote for them either.

I am not rejecting ligitamate claims against Trump who I freely admit is not perfect. I just do not accept the trumped up bull ***t.

If he's just "imperfect," then why pretend to reject what you know he said?

Anyway, from Fox News:

I'm not aware of those who actually heard him say that come out to speak. It's important for those who heard it first hand to report it to the public. Maybe they're waiting for an October surprise?

They are likely restrained by their security clearance

If you've pissed Captain Sully off to the point where he says something about it, you've messed up pretty effectively.

Can't wait to see Trump's pathetic name calling response to Sully......or better yet...Trump will let his idiot son do it for him because that's exactly what a coward like Trump would do.

If he's just "imperfect," then why pretend to reject what you know he said?

Anyway, from Fox News:

How do you know what I know about what Trump did or did not say. I don't know anything more than YOU do. We know nothing, we weren't there. Unlike the Trump haters I will not make a termination until is see verifyable facts, which you guys should try sometime.

They asked Sully to run for office for the gop after he got famous. He would have been easily elected. He declined because he said he was not a political guy. But I guess what trump has said is just too much for him to keep quiet about

He said almost the exact same thing, in a previous interview.
He stated that he did not believe in getting overly political and he basically believed in country over party, despite not saying those exact words.
I'll try to dig up the magazine interview where he was talking about that.

But I guess almost every patriotic person has a limit and it looks like Sully reached his.

Back
Top Bottom