• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A headscarf is OK as fashion or as a protection against the weather

What is a headscarf good for?

• for fashion

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • for protection against the weather

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • as a sign that you belong to the only correct religion and all othrs are dirty unbelievers

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • something else

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • nothing

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A headscarf is OK as fashion or as a protection against the weather.

But is is clearly NOT OK as a sign of a religion.

What do you think?

A headscarf is never a problem if it is worn voluntarily or doesn't obscure the face without good reason.

How about it is no one else's business if someone wears a scarf or not.

Probably again 50 % here are too lazy to click onto any option. :mrgreen:

How about it is no one else's business if someone wears a scarf or not.

It is everybody's business - if the headscarf should be a sign of religious fanatism.

Probably again 50 % here are too lazy to click onto any option. :mrgreen:

My Guess, over 50% are too confused by this jumbled, irrational thread to be able to click on an option without sacrificing self worth.

What is the point of this thread?

Now:

Replies: 9
Views: 10

What do you think?

If the headscarf is being forced onto someone, it's a problem.

But if the decision to wear one is voluntary, it's none of your damn business why they wear it. :thumbs:

It is everybody's business - if the headscarf should be a sign of religious fanatism.

When is a headscarf a sign of religious fanaticism?

and

What is religious fanaticism? (note the correct spelling of fanaticism)

Like a nuns habit, a yarmulke, or a priest’s collar?

What do you think?

A headscarf is fine against the weather. It's also fine if your religion demands it and you willingly submit.

It wasn't that long ago that Catholic women had to cover their head in church, so .....

And now: Goodbye for now! :2wave:

I have got other matters to attend to. :mrgreen: :2wave:

I suppose it won't be long before you start a thread attacking those damn dot-heads too?

aishwarya-rai-bindi.jpg

No more than long skirts, long hair, and no makeup is a sign of religious fanaticism. Or a yarmulke. Or wearing a cross.

Or neat white shirts with a tie and books in hand. Its really telling when you watch a show taking place involving outer space colonies and you can identify the persons religion by their clothes and approach.

expanse mormon - Google Search

Husband and I were watching and as soon as the first Mormon on the colony came into view, he said what I was thinking "they even have Mormons there".

Having certain styles or clothes or hats or hair coverings is a theme in several religions and does not indicate radicalism or taking your religion too far.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom