• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A headscarf is OK as fashion or as a protection against the weather

What is a headscarf good for?

• for fashion

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • for protection against the weather

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • as a sign that you belong to the only correct religion and all othrs are dirty unbelievers

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • something else

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • nothing

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
But never ever for religion!

93102626c6bf7c3e66eb0f59cdfc4e1d.jpg

What's it to you if she chooses to wear this at any time of the day/night?

Why do you care?

Religion and clothing should be strictly separated.
It is not good style to flaunt one's religion by one's clothing - whatever religion that is.
And that also goes for Christianity

Wearing a cross is no law in Christianity.
You should know that.
Women not allowed to cut their hair and only allowed to wear long skirts and no makeup is "law" for certain Christian religious sects.

Pentecostal Beliefs About Hair & Skirts | Synonym

Several other religions, including Islam, Sikhism and some Native American religions also have rules about women keeping their hair long, but it is mostly done by choice.

Hair and Religion: The Connection Between Long Hair and Spirituality | Allure

Also note how you targeted women wearing a scarf as relogious fanaticism (even when their choice) but don't say a word about male Sikhs wearing a turban by their choice.

Theology of hair: How many world religions see it as sacred part of identity - mlive.com

Not all Muslims consider wearing head scarfs "law". So long as it is by choice, I dont have any issues with it, and neither should anyone else.

As for the cross not being required, maybe you should check with this guy.

All Orthodox Christians are Given a Cross Following Their Baptism to Wear for Life — St. Andrew Greek orthodox Church

"Infants and adults who are baptized and chrismated in the Orthodox Christian Church receive a blessed gold Cross to be worn around the neck from the time of their Baptism to their departure from this earthly life. All Orthodox Christian must wear their Cross at every moment."

He seems to disagree with you.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

It is not good style to flaunt one's religion by one's clothing - whatever religion that is.
Yet you specifically only mentioned Islam in your post.

As for this statement, it is your opinion. How others choose to practice their faith in their religion is and should be their choice, not anyone else's. Whether it is the clothes or jewelry they wear or don't wear, the way they keep hair on their body, the wearing or not of makeup, or what foods they eat. It should be their choice.

Probably again 50 % here are too lazy to click onto any option. :mrgreen:
Maybe a several are like me, using Tapatalk and have no idea how to even reach a poll.

Is this "flaunting"?

francis_wide-d795b72b5682e00ba3d22c1697b470b06907454f.jpg

Lol. I didn't know that a headscarf could be so controversial!

here's my answer (which is not included in the poll options):

WHATEVER! :mrgreen:

....having a bad hair day? Wear a head scarf!

here's what's popular some time ago:

headscarves in the 50'''s at DuckDuckGo

Last edited:
It is everybody's business - if the headscarf should be a sign of religious fanatism.

what religion wears head scarfs? When i was young catholic women did.

Women not allowed to cut their hair and only allowed to wear long skirts and no makeup is "law" for certain Christian religious sects.

Pentecostal Beliefs About Hair & Skirts | Synonym

Several other religions, including Islam, Sikhism and some Native American religions also have rules about women keeping their hair long, but it is mostly done by choice.

Hair and Religion: The Connection Between Long Hair and Spirituality | Allure

Also note how you targeted women wearing a scarf as relogious fanaticism (even when their choice) but don't say a word about male Sikhs wearing a turban by their choice.

Theology of hair: How many world religions see it as sacred part of identity - mlive.com

Not all Muslims consider wearing head scarfs "law". So long as it is by choice, I dont have any issues with it, and neither should anyone else.

As for the cross not being required, maybe you should check with this guy.

All Orthodox Christians are Given a Cross Following Their Baptism to Wear for Life — St. Andrew Greek orthodox Church

"Infants and adults who are baptized and chrismated in the Orthodox Christian Church receive a blessed gold Cross to be worn around the neck from the time of their Baptism to their departure from this earthly life. All Orthodox Christian must wear their Cross at every moment."

He seems to disagree with you.

Again:

Again:
It appears at least one Christian leader disagrees with you at least when it comes to the same way you are using laws in regards to Muslims overall.

There are no laws requiring Muslims in the US to cover their hair. Many Muslim women choose to do so because of their beliefs, just as many Orthodox Christians choose to wear a cross after they are baptized because of their beliefs.

And not allowing two men or two women to marry, not selling products to same sex couples to celebrate their unions is not law in Christianity either.

I am a bit surprised how stubbornly religious fanaticism and bigotry is defended here.

I am a bit surprised how stubbornly religious fanaticism and bigotry is defended here.

You really should think about what you say before you hit post...:roll:

For some a headscarf is as a sign that they belong to the only correct religion and all othres are dirty unbelievers.
That is a fact.

For some a headscarf is as a sign that they belong to the only correct religion and all othres are dirty unbelievers.
That is a fact.

For some a crucifix/cross is as a sign that they belong to the only correct religion and all othres are dirty unbelievers.
That is a fact.

See how that works?

Yes, just imagine the horror of defending beliefs people and hold of their own free will. Beliefs and practices based on those beliefs that do not harm you or others when talking about beliefs or practices people choose to follow for themselves.

A headscarf is OK as fashion or as a protection against the weather.

But is is clearly NOT OK as a sign of a religion.

What do you think?

its not ok if your told you should feel bad about showing off your head

its not ok if your told you should feel bad about showing off your head

What about when you're told, "take that rag off your head," by a random stranger. Is that okay?

What about when you're told, "take that rag off your head," by a random stranger. Is that okay?

Actually, it is not.

that seems bad to

Back
Top Bottom