• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A headscarf is OK as fashion or as a protection against the weather

What is a headscarf good for?

• for fashion

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • for protection against the weather

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • as a sign that you belong to the only correct religion and all othrs are dirty unbelievers

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • something else

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • nothing

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
A headscarf is OK as fashion or as a protection against the weather.

But is is clearly NOT OK as a sign of a religion.

What do you think?

I have no problem with a headscarf as a sign of religion.

What do you think?

I think people think way too much about headscarves. I cannot click, because I don't care. Maybe if you had put "for whatever the wearer feels like", I'd have clicked. :)

There are 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 examples. :)

There are?? Then you give details, rather than vague answers. If you can't give actual examples, I will assume that you don't actually have them, but rather are working on prejudice.

Jews are supposed to cover their head too. Aren't you Jewish?

Others are free to wear whatever they choose, for whatever reason...for me personally, I cannot tolerate anything on my head...I prefer an umbrella...:2razz:

Exactly!
IN CHURCH!

And only IN CHURCH.

Not in every second that they spend outside their home.

Ok, but other religions have it differently. If your religion says you should do this and you submit to it under your own will, I don't have a problem with that.

I do have a problem with forcing people either way.

What do you think?

Stupid Poll.

What do you think wearing a cross around your necks is good for, or women covering their breasts at the beach?

Jews are supposed to cover their head too. Aren't you Jewish?

You know, when so many people have responded to a thread, being able to use the quote function allows people to know who you are talking to.

You know, when so many people have responded to a thread, being able to use the quote function allows people to know who you are talking to.

He/she is getting beat up so badly around here I'm pretty sure not using the quote function is on purpose.

You don't need to quote the OP.

You don't need to quote the OP.

Considering on how many of the OP's threads were on Catholicism, it is rather strange you would think he's Jewish.

Considering on how many of the OP's threads were on Catholicism, it is rather strange you would think he's Jewish.
I don't keep track of his doings. He just made a thread about Hanukkah though. What can I do about the few people here who obviously are religious but are — I don't know — ashamed to name their religion?

Verily verily, I speak unto thee this wise: I am everything - and evermore will be so! :peace

In trying to be everything, it sounds as though you've lost yourself...

for fashion
for protection against the weather

But never ever for religion!

No more than long skirts, long hair, and no makeup is a sign of religious fanaticism. Or a yarmulke. Or wearing a cross.

Or neat white shirts with a tie and books in hand. Its really telling when you watch a show taking place involving outer space colonies and you can identify the persons religion by their clothes and approach.

All beside the point.

Wearing a cross is no law in Christianity.
You should know that.

Back
Top Bottom