Just because its Friday and on Friday Devil's Advocate is my favorite game.
Gonna help the OP out:
Republicans v. Democrats
Assuming this breakdown is fairly accurate (and I don't think its super far off for a 1,000 ft. view) then I can see how a Conservative would think that Liberals are "destroying" America.
• Liberals tend to take a broader view than the family, locating and helping special interests and minorities (and this isn't a bad thing) whereas Conservatives tend to focus on the traditional family and family values.
• Liberals tend to be far more pragmatic (maybe even more forgiving) when it comes to crimes committed by the populous in general (I think both sides forgive crimes committed by Government as long as its THEIR Government).
• Liberals tend to lean towards amnesty and more leniency towards immigrants than Conservatives. Thus it can give the perception that Liberals care less about protecting our country from outsiders.
• Liberals want more gun control (some even want gun removal from the hands of the citizens) which can be perceived as wanting the citizenship to be less capable of protecting itself, relying more on law enforcement and this combined with Liberals also being harsher on law enforcement (sometimes rightfully so granted) it appears that they only want the people they think are corrupt to have weapons.
• In general Liberals take a wider world view, more interested in the well being of the entire world than the sovereignty of one country (that being their own). This can make it look like they care less about protecting their own country and countrymen than the rest of the world.
Again, these are broad brushstrokes of both parties. I don't agree that Liberals are out to destroy America any more than I think Conservatives will "make America great again" but I can understand the perception without agreeing with it.