• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Great Solution

CalGun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Since the left ( democrats ) decided an employer is better off with a 28 hour per week employee we could begin doing so with federal employees? As they retire let's hire replacements at 20 hrs each with no benefits, no retirement, and we can save tax payers a small fortune and solve unemployment :) obmastyle!

Since the left ( democrats ) decided an employer is better off with a 28 hour per week employee we could begin doing so with federal employees? As they retire let's hire replacements at 20 hrs each with no benefits, no retirement, and we can save tax payers a small fortune and solve unemployment :) obmastyle!

What makes you think federal employees actually work more than 20 hrs a week now?

24 would be better so that there could be fixerd days on which no government administrative offices were open--say MWF open or M-W open so the expectation of availability would be met.

Since the left ( democrats ) decided an employer is better off with a 28 hour per week employee
It is entirely up to an employer how many hours he will pay an employee per week.

Exactly! 100% Correct and our federal government should decide to replace every person that leaves its employ with two people at 20 hours a week
then there will be no unemployed, no need for health insurance, no need for retirement plans and we save a fortune just like obama has imposed on
private employers!

It is entirely up to an employer how many hours he will pay an employee per week.

Exactly! 100% Correct and our federal government should decide to replace every person that leaves its employ with two people at 20 hours a week
then there will be no unemployed, no need for health insurance, no need for retirement plans and we save a fortune just like obama has imposed on
private employers!

I don't know, they could probably let one go and hire two, and if they ran it like private industry and upgraded their atrocious productivity, computer systems, organizational structure, took advantage of the entire digital age, etc., they probably COULD hire two less expensive individuals...you know with 401Ks like the rest of us, with non-lifelong jobs like the rest of us, with average benefits like the rest of us, and NOT have to cut their hours 20/week.

Exactly! 100% Correct
So then you admit that the "liberal dems" did not decide anything for employers on how many hours they can offer an employee.

and our federal government should decide to replace every person that leaves its employ with two people at 20 hours a week
private employers!
And now you have continued on with your false illogical premise that you just, yourself, debunked.

Further, you are simply trying to make a stupid, moronic argument for all employment to be less than full time.

What absolute pointlessness.

The rules imposed by this idiotic government make hiring part time people more attractive. Sure and employer could continue to want to buy health insurance, match 401k contributions and give all kinds of perks but our liberal dems imposed obamacare and that makes keeping full time people around stupid and wasteful. Why else do you think that ofailure arbitrarily decided to hold off on employer mandate demand for a year?

I don't advocate laying anyone off. I'm sure some of the millions of federal bureacrats retire every day and we could simply replace them with 2 part time people with no benefits at all - just like liberal dems want private enterprise to do.

So then you admit that the "liberal dems" did not decide anything for employers on how many hours they can offer an employee.

And now you have continued on with your false illogical premise that you just, yourself, debunked.

Further, you are simply trying to make a stupid, moronic argument for all employment to be less than full time.

What absolute pointlessness.

How can you not see the benefit?

We lower the cost of government - reduce the deficit all while curing unemployment! Amazing that o'failure finally got one right now we just need to implement it on the federal (and state) level just like private industry is doing.

The rules imposed by this idiotic government make hiring part time people more attractive. Sure and employer could continue to want to buy health insurance, match 401k contributions and give all kinds of perks but our liberal dems imposed obamacare and that makes keeping full time people around stupid and wasteful. Why else do you think that ofailure arbitrarily decided to hold off on employer mandate demand for a year?

I don't advocate laying anyone off. I'm sure some of the millions of federal bureacrats retire every day and we could simply replace them with 2 part time people with no benefits at all - just like liberal dems want private enterprise to do.
This is such a stupid, disjointed argument. Most, if not all full time already have ins. This is only going to effect employers with more than 50 employees.

You are just going off on some half baked fantasy without any kind of realistic basis for your rant.

I love how liberals play dumb. No they did not come right out and tell them but they made a law that says the employer will pay the excessive obamacare and liberal BS for every employee they hire that works over 30 hours. So gee I wonder how a business could possibly save all that money, maximize profits and remain competitive? Hmmm, boy that sure is a hard one to figure out.

What about the government? An entity with no accountability no competition and a liberal governing body that never cuts anything but will borrow or print any money they need with no regard to revenue, deficit or debt ??? You think they might just spend that money? Man this sure is tuff to figure out.

But I don't understand. If it is good enough for private enterprise why not for the Fedearl Government? They employ more than 50 people right?

I'm not suggesting we fire anyone, cut anyone's pay, or reduce anyone's benefits - no sir. I just say when a person leaves the employ of our federal bureacracy (I'll leave soldiers out of this)
that we hire 2 people at 20 hours each to replace them! We can avoid paying them any retirement, we can avoid giving them any health insurance cause they'll have obamascare and won't
need it -that is what the dem libs have made it easy for industry and private enterprise to do - so why not do it at the federal, state, local level too? We'll save billions and balance our
budget and all the poor people who can't fathom working that hard 40 hour week instead of living off the public dole can work a 20 hour week and we'll end unemploment!

Come on this is a trifecta! Balanced budget, end unemployment, and treat federal/state/local employees just like the dem libs want private employers to treat their employees.

This is such a stupid, disjointed argument. Most, if not all full time already have ins. This is only going to effect employers with more than 50 employees.

You are just going off on some half baked fantasy without any kind of realistic basis for your rant.

But I don't understand. If it is good enough for private enterprise why not for the Fedearl Government? They employ more than 50 people right?

I'm not suggesting we fire anyone, cut anyone's pay, or reduce anyone's benefits - no sir. I just say when a person leaves the employ of our federal bureacracy (I'll leave soldiers out of this)
that we hire 2 people at 20 hours each to replace them! We can avoid paying them any retirement, we can avoid giving them any health insurance cause they'll have obamascare and won't
need it -that is what the dem libs have made it easy for industry and private enterprise to do - so why not do it at the federal, state, local level too? We'll save billions and balance our
budget and all the poor people who can't fathom working that hard 40 hour week instead of living off the public dole can work a 20 hour week and we'll end unemploment!

Come on this is a trifecta! Balanced budget, end unemployment, and treat federal/state/local employees just like the dem libs want private employers to treat their employees.

Wonder, especially eyeing the possible/plausible future of jobs, anticipating big problems of employment. Ya got computer integration in the workplace, seems jobs, unskilled jobs will be becoming more and much more digital-mechanized. Thing is those DM won't and don't complain, call in sick, no training time expended, are never with child, can be turned off, energy saved, no union intervention, no strikes... perhaps why government is conditioning folks to take the minimum, long as there's a handout. The lure, staying home watching, listening, doing what or whatever THEY want to do. Very liberating except having no way to fund the real, which is often more fun...Inducing wasted lives, disappointingly. No emphasis on really educating while scaring everyone into thinking they have to university it," just gotta do it", they say, then shrug. So you either make that end, or you slink down into a less aliveness, steps down that many, too many, accept... with the additional problem raising its head, that of what comes with more opportunity for the hands of idleness to work their less than optimal way on things.

I liked that smooth transition, btw, not firing anybody, just as people leave or retire, seamlessly slide in this new group. There is plenty of demand for these jobs, government jobs, tho that may, obviously lessen [ just another plus for the plan ]...Either that or get govt out of the equation pretty much all together [ not gonna happen, methinks, so ]... unions served their purpose, now we have the laws... lets let the people all decide for themselves between themselves, maybe revisit it all in ten years or so, see what happens. Change, adapt if needed.

Too bad govt doesn't more act to allow Americans to utilize other Americans better, in a more prosperous, free and efficient way. There are so many ways that we all can actually contribute, jobs needed filled, wonderful skills to be learned, crafted, creating the skilled as well as semi skilled working towards skilled...pride in work is a thing that further creates worth, can be a very wonderful blessing.

Cannot speak for others, but certainly does make me feel better. Little off topic, but what the hay ... or is it what the hey?

You are under the misguided assumption that liberals want anything to do with cutting costs.
Don't you know we can sustain infinite debt and print endless money without consequence?

Let's take local police for an example. My guys are looking at making $40 per hour. Yet the city budget for them is about $150,000.

We can hire two, 20 hours each, pay them $40 per hour, and nothing else ( just like obasma has dictated in obamacare ). The city would have two guys instead of one and the cost would be about $100k a year instead of $150k. No more over time (real budget killer), extra people to call out and beat on protestors, and no future retirement scam to pay off!

Excellent strategy.

I am astounded that obama wants to reduce benefits of military personnale by making them pay for thier healthcare, while whinign about how federal slug employees are getting that treatment and school teachers, both of whom produce nothing and don't protect our country.

The un earned pensions that baloon without voter approval are the sneaking democrat way of stealing more money for thier over apid under productive constituents. Its stealing.

Just getting all those slug producing would be 100% win and getting them to stop getting money that is wasted on them and produces nothign is another 100% win.

So each gov worker slug u get rid of you get 200% at least gain. THen you get muliplier effect as alrge amounts fo productive new workers allow capitalists to innovate and get quantum leaps fo low price awesome products.

How can you not see the benefit?

We lower the cost of government - reduce the deficit all while curing unemployment! Amazing that o'failure finally got one right now we just need to implement it on the federal (and state) level just like private industry is doing.

I love it.

Like political Aikido.

Now we need a FED just for private business to print unlimited money to pay them for all the money gov takes from them for crappy pensions and unemplyemtn for boeing workers who should just be axxed.

there is no LEFT in USA.............

and how about we make Federal Beni's the manditory benfits for all workers in USA.........LMAO!!!!

What would happen to all those $365 million year incomes then!!!! LMAO!!!

No more mandates period. No minimum wage. No requirement to provide insurance. If you don't like what an employer offers - find another / better employer. Simple thing - FREEDOM is.

there is no LEFT in USA.............

and how about we make Federal Beni's the manditory benfits for all workers in USA.........LMAO!!!!

What would happen to all those $365 million year incomes then!!!! LMAO!!!

No more mandates period. No minimum wage. No requirement to provide insurance. If you don't like what an employer offers - find another / better employer. Simple thing - FREEDOM is.

We tried that. it resulted in slums and salvery and bitter battles like Ludlow.

And we dont WANT EMPLOYERS to be involved in HC at all.............another carrot you will lose.

We have not, as a modern society tried it.

We tried that. it resulted in slums and salvery and bitter battles like Ludlow.

And we dont WANT EMPLOYERS to be involved in HC at all.............another carrot you will lose.

So you can't phathom an ounce of personal responsibility and self sufficiency. I'm not surprised. Enjoy life after the system breaks from trying to bleed the 1% for your life style.

We do not want to live in a guilded age.

Back
Top Bottom