• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A great read with every stat and study about our good friend FOX News

It only looks like it leans to the left when your that far of in da da land in the outer boundaries of the right
If that's true then half the population is in the outer boundaries of the right, because that's how many people say that the MSM has a liberal bias. You also have to consider the people who don't pay enough attention to notice a bias.

When I hit about 30, I began operating with an acceptance that any of my opinions or views could be completely wrong based on facts I had been previously ignorant of. It was difficult at first, since admitting that level of personal ignorance seems almost contrary to human nature, but once I got accustomed to it, I've found it's a great way to live.

Edit: #feeltheme lol

I always have a little bit of doubt about every opinion, including my own.

"a stronger emotional need for an outlet like Fox, where they can find affirmation and escape factual challenges to their beliefs."

Puh-lease. This exactly describes the lefts need for GroupThink. Also, it describes the liberals need for the basement sub forum.

I guess I don't really see the point of it. Everyone who's going to understand the book already knows this is how these people think. The people who really need to understand it will likely reject it for the same reasons they reject everything else.
Well thats hard to argue against, point taken,

If that's true then half the population is in the outer boundaries of the right, because that's how many people say that the MSM has a liberal bias. You also have to consider the people who don't pay enough attention to notice a bias.
Paranoia is a prerequisite to be a regressive, from Tri lateral commissions to Masons , to a commie behind every corner , to government is evil ,to all Newspapers,news groups and all sources of information is liberal. to everyone that doesn't grovel at the feet of their masters being liars. To hatred to everything that the old white mans hate party find uncomfortable because of their ignorance of the situation or person ,including Homophobia , hatred of teacher, government worker, Muslims , Mexicans, Blacks , women, the poor. SO I'm not ever surprised at what the right comes out against.

Last edited:
Paranoia is a prerequisite to be a regressive, from Tri lateral commissions to Masons , to a commie behind every corner , to government is evil ,to all Newspapers,news groups and all sources of information is liberal. to everyone that doesn't grovel at the feet of their masters being liars. To hatred to everything that the old white mans hate party find uncomfortable because of their ignorance of the situation or person ,including Homophobia , hatred of teacher, government worker, Muslims , Mexicans, Blacks , women, the poor. SO I'm not ever surprised at what the right comes out against.
Majority in U.S. Continues to Distrust the Media, Perceive Bias

I know of only one study that looked into it, It was pundifacts, it seems to be associated to politifacts. There process to do this study is reasonable, but the outcome destroys FOX CRAP NEWS and Rush Fatty, Fox lies 60% of the time and Rush lies 85% of the time. Both being the poorest by far.
There was a thread about that. Even punditfact admitted that their methods were arbitrary and unscientific. Even if Fox lied 10x more than any other network, that still wouldn't be anywhere near 60% lies. If they were lying 60% of the time they'd have to be lying about things like what day it is and who's the POTUS.

THE REPUBLICAN BRAIN.

The Core Thesis: Authoritarian people have a stronger emotional need for an outlet like Fox, where they can find affirmation and escape factual challenges to their beliefs.
Insights from Chris Mooney’s book The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science and Reality.
That's just the beginning there are unarguable facts and a few that can be argued but it puts FOX News where it belongs and how it is needed by the right.

The irony here is that you spelled out your own emotional need for affirmation and an escape from factual challenges.

I'll read this book if you read A CONFLICT OF VISIONS. Deal?

There was a thread about that. Even punditfact admitted that their methods were arbitrary and unscientific. Even if Fox lied 10x more than any other network, that still wouldn't be anywhere near 60% lies. If they were lying 60% of the time they'd have to be lying about things like what day it is and who's the POTUS.
Not true there study is sound , I'm only dealing with your scewed as far as your own argument is concerned. They didn't judge by what day they said it was, Bogus.

The irony here is that you spelled out your own emotional need for affirmation and an escape from factual challenges.

Funny I didn't have to go far, the first thing I looked at "KIRKUS REVIEW

A broadly sweeping philosophical analysis, Sowell's new book performs a useful service for people interested in contemporary politics: it attempts to lay out objectively the basic differences between the liberal and conservative visions. Sometimes cogent, the book falls short, however, of objectivity; its conservative biases and obfuscations are readily apparent from the start." Funny

BY the way your answer is like a 5 year old , "it isn't me it's you" " no it isn't me it is you" E real weak link response

Funny I didn't have to go far, the first thing I looked at "KIRKUS REVIEW

A broadly sweeping philosophical analysis, Sowell's new book performs a useful service for people interested in contemporary politics: it attempts to lay out objectively the basic differences between the liberal and conservative visions. Sometimes cogent, the book falls short, however, of objectivity; its conservative biases and obfuscations are readily apparent from the start." Funny

So the answer is no, then. I figured as much.

Also, are you claiming the book your are asking us to read doesn't have a political lean? :roll:

Last edited:
BY the way your answer is like a 5 year old , "it isn't me it's you" " no it isn't me it is you" E real weak link response

Nope, my response is pointing out the irony in your post. Your post was ironically like a 5 year old who doesn't understand irony.

THE REPUBLICAN BRAIN.

The Core Thesis: Authoritarian people have a stronger emotional need for an outlet like Fox, where they can find affirmation and escape factual challenges to their beliefs.
Insights from Chris Mooney’s book The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science and Reality.
That's just the beginning there are unarguable facts and a few that can be argued but it puts FOX News where it belongs and how it is needed by the right.

At least Republicans have a brain, right?

So the answer is no, then. I figured as much.

Also, are you claiming the book your are asking us to read doesn't have a political lean? :roll:
Don't know ,if it is logical I really don't care what the lean is. The comment I gave you is from a long list of charges of not being logical and a few examples. So Do I have to read it , nope I don't have the time.

Nope, my response is pointing out the irony in your post. Your post was ironically like a 5 year old who doesn't understand irony.
Wow You have a point then, if I was you I would just move onto another thread, maybe one like the book says supports your color of bull****.

Don't know ,if it is logical I really don't care what the lean is. The comment I gave you is from a long list of charges of not being logical and a few examples. So Do I have to read it , nope I don't have the time.

Does your source of criticism have a lean? I mean you realize you are trying to justify judging a book without reading it, correct? You do realize that your position is in fact bias?

Wow You have a point then, if I was you I would just move onto another thread, maybe one like the book says supports your color of bull****.

If it's all the same to you, I'll stay here and discuss with you about how you manage to display willful ignorance and your own bias in an attempt to expose the bias of other sources. It's fun.

There you go, you should appreciate the study I presented to see where the worse of that bias lies. Actually something that thinking people have always been able to judge.
You obviously didn't read the link.

Not true there study is sound , I'm only dealing with your scewed as far as your own argument is concerned. They didn't judge by what day they said it was, Bogus.
They didn't take their own findings seriously yet you do.

They didn't take their own findings seriously yet you do.
I told you what their finding was, I believe it because I know for a fact that any study that include you regressives will automatically be negative about darn near everything, except the direction you disperse your hate. I've never seen a more negative, cup half full, paranoid and pessimistic group of hater in my lifetime.

I told you what their finding was, I believe it because I know for a fact that any study that include you regressives will automatically be negative about darn near everything, except the direction you disperse your hate. I've never seen a more negative, cup half full, paranoid and pessimistic group of hater in my lifetime.

Confirmation bias.

Back
Top Bottom