• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Great Night For Gays

it's not a straw topic. it is a legitimate fact that it does happen. stupid people on both sides of that fence but only one side ever gets called for it. :shrug:

OH, MY GOSH. THAT IS SO WRONG.

YOU PEOPLE WHO VOTE ON THE BASIS OF RACE/GENDER/RELIGION ARE SO WRONG!

YOU ALL SUCK! HARD!

Feel better? Now. That isn't the point of THIS THREAD. If you'd like to debate the topic of your choosing, post your own damn thread, Oscar.

OH, MY GOSH. THAT IS SO WRONG.

YOU PEOPLE WHO VOTE ON THE BASIS OF RACE/GENDER/RELIGION ARE SO WRONG!

YOU ALL SUCK! HARD!

Feel better? Now. That isn't the point of THIS THREAD. If you'd like to debate the topic of your choosing, post your own damn thread, Oscar.

over react much????
point to a single freakin thread on this forum that has ever stayed exactly on the topic the OP wanted it to. :shrug:

congratulations to all you gays who won election to a political office. yippeeeeeee and hooraaaaaay!!!!!!

Last edited:
Irrelevent, this thread is not about SSM. there are a billion of those on this forum if that is what you want to discuss.

IMHO, there are probably as many of them as there are people who would vote against a candidate simply for being gay today.

It's completely relevant to what you said. You said that people just vote for the gay person because their gay. If that portion of the electorate were more than a fringe element then we would have SSM, and other various pro LGBT laws passed by now.

It's completely relevant to what you said. You said that people just vote for the gay person because their gay. If that portion of the electorate were more than a fringe element then we would have SSM, and other various pro LGBT laws passed by now.

and how does that prove that the portion of the electorate that vote against the gay person because they're gay is more than a fringe element?

gay population is ~7-8%. in CA around 48% of the voters cast a ballot in favor of gay marriage. that's a lot of non gays voting for SSM. :shrug:

that is one of the main reasons I argue with gay supporters (even though I have no problem with gays personally) they tend to see a bigot in every corner.

yeah right. you've never heard of anyone who voted for Obama because they thought it would be "cool" to have voted for the first BLACK president? I'm sure that there were absolutely ZERO homosexuals who voted for a gay candidate simply because they were gay. No one voted for Hillary Clinton in the '08 primaries because she was a woman....

I'm sure all of those black folks that voted to re-elect Charles Rangel had perfectly legitimate reasons to vote for him...other than him being black.

You do realize.... that that really only sways a tiny percentage of people. As in by virtue of being democrat or republican in a presidential campaign youre likely to get near half the vote anyways :shrug:

and how does that prove that the portion of the electorate that vote against the gay person because they're gay is more than a fringe element?

gay population is ~7-8%. in CA around 48% of the voters cast a ballot in favor of gay marriage. that's a lot of non gays voting for SSM. :shrug:

that is one of the main reasons I argue with gay supporters (even though I have no problem with gays personally) they tend to see a bigot in every corner.

Then get out of the corner.

(sorry...couldn't resist the set up)

Back
Top Bottom