• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A GOP senator just prayed that Obama’s “days be few.” This is how the GOP got Trump.

Re: A GOP senator just prayed that Obama’s “days be few.” This is how the GOP got Tru

The prayer said "let his wife be a widow."

The verse he cited said may his days be short - a clear reference to the hope that the rest of his administration goes quickly. If you want to insist that other verses, which weren't cited, should somehow be construed as his secret meaning, then I would like to hear about why you think it is that Obama hates tattooed people (see above).

Or, you know, you could check out from critical thinking, and stick with the shock-value click bait ideological bias confirmation. That's also a course of action. My father in law does that. He sends me the emails. Apparently that secret Muslim Obama is coming for my guns :roll:

Anyway, I'm surprised that's the tact(sp?) you took.

The rise of the Trumpkins has reduced my patience for this kind of dishonesty in representing political opponents.

Or, hey, maybe Obama really does support all the stuff in Leviticus. But I doubt it.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Re: A GOP senator just prayed that Obama’s “days be few.” This is how the GOP got Tru

I can't for the life of me figure out the connection between David Perdue and Donald Trump.

I'd also like to see some evidence that the Trumpettes support their man because they want Obama to die.

How does this guy have any connection to Trump?

Obama was a close friend of domestic terrorist Bill Ayers. Does that make Obama a terrorist?

Does Trump having a wife from a communist country make him a communist sympathizer?

Read more @: A GOP senator just prayed that Obama’s “days be few.” This is how the GOP got Trump.

With this kind of rhetoric and this kind of hatred against Obama, it should honestly be of no surprise that the GOP has become the Party of Trump. [/FONT][/COLOR]
By not denouncing the racism in their own party is exactly how they got Trump.

I fail to see what that Senator did is any different than what this girl wrote on her facebook page. I hope the Senator got a visit from the Secret Service like she did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG8EOWkP_U8

The United States Secret Service is investigating a Turlock woman over a post she made, using the N-word, about President Obama on Facebook.

"Another 4 years of this (N-word)," Denise Helms wrote. "Maybe he will get assassinated this term." ....​

So you really think it's ok to reference a poem about the president's death and his family being driven into horrible poverty? What am I thinking, you're Christian, you've trained your brain just to gloss over terrible things like that as a "metaphor".

He didn't reference a poem about someone peaceably leaving office. He heavily implied he's wishing the death of the president of the United States. I mean for ****'s sake I'm not a big Obama fan either but this is rather much.

Then, lock his ass up!!!

Doesnt a politician generally stand for the policies he promotes? Is not the man/the politician?

No, I don't think they are the same time. One is a political position, the other is an actual person.

Are you sure that it's not hatred of Obama's policies rather than the man himself?
I rather doubt that this person ever met Obama in order to form a personal opinion about the man himself.

There is a difference between hating (disagreeing) with someone's policies and hating them. It's not the same thing at all.

No, I don't think they are the same time. One is a political position, the other is an actual person.

And the person takes political positions........

And the person takes political positions........

True. But the person is not a political position. Therefore disagreeing / criticizing the political position is not the same as disagreeing / criticizing the person.

They are two different things distinct from each other.

True. But the person is not a political position. Therefore disagreeing / criticizing the political position is not the same as disagreeing / criticizing the person.

They are two different things distinct from each other.

When you criticize someones political positions your are criticizing in part the person because that person is holding/espousing/believes-in those political positions.

When you criticize someones political positions your are criticizing in part the person because that person is holding/espousing/believes-in those political positions.

No, criticizing a political position is exactly that, criticizing a political position. Doesn't matter who holds that political position, it's the political position being criticized.

Criticizing a person would be an ad hominem.

I think this may be why some who believe as you do, react so violently when someone criticizes their political position, their belief that it's a personal attack, but it most certainly is not. It's a criticism of that political position.

Not being able to draw the distinction between the person and the political position is probably the root cause for a great deal of political strife.

No, criticizing a political position is exactly that, criticizing a political position. Doesn't matter who holds that political position, it's the political position being criticized.

Criticizing a person would be an ad hominem.
No its not. Its like when someone criticizes what someone is wearing, you are in part criticizing that person because they are wearing something that you are criticizing so in part you are not only criticizing that object they are wearing, but also the person because they are wearing that object.

I think this may be why some who believe as you do, react so violently when someone criticizes their political position, their belief that it's a personal attack, but it most certainly is not. It's a criticism of that political position.
What are you talking about? How am I reacting "violently"?

No its not. Its like when someone criticizes what someone is wearing, you are in part criticizing that person because they are wearing something that you are criticizing so in part you are not only criticizing that object they are wearing, but also the person because they are wearing that object.

What are you talking about? How am I reacting "violently"?[/QUOTE]

No, not you in this instance. This is a pleasant conversation.

However, I will observe that if someone disagrees with a liberal's political position, immediately cries of racist, bigot, sexist or some other are raised, making the entire thing personal. I don't think criticizing a political position that someone holds is a criticism of the person, but yet you do.

However, I will observe that if someone disagrees with a liberal's political position, immediately cries of racist, bigot, sexist or some other are raised, making the entire thing personal.
This is a blanket statement and for the most part not true.

I don't think criticizing a political position that someone holds is a criticism of the person, but yet you do.
So? Its pretty that the political position that person holds is a personal variable, and when you criticize THAT PERSONS political positions, it is in part criticism of that person because its a variable of that person. Its reality.

This is a blanket statement and for the most part not true.

So? Its pretty that the political position that person holds is a personal variable, and when you criticize THAT PERSONS political positions, it is in part criticism of that person because its a variable of that person. Its reality.

Nah. I don't think Trump is very religious.

Read more @: A GOP senator just prayed that Obama’s “days be few.” This is how the GOP got Trump.

With this kind of rhetoric and this kind of hatred against Obama, it should honestly be of no surprise that the GOP has become the Party of Trump. [/FONT][/COLOR]

First where do you see hatred and how do you make the connection between people praying and Trump?

He directly referenced a poem saying "Let his children be fatherless and his wife a widow". Just a bit of harmless jest.

I'll tell you how the antichrist was elected twice. It was those damn liberal professors brainwashing everyone who went to college and the liberal media hiding the truth about him.

Did he verbalize that part of the prayer?

OK so now it isn't even OK to criticize the political position of Obama because that is actually criticizing the man?

How did you come up with that one?

Is this your way to call more people racist?

What are you talking about? How am I reacting "violently"?

However, I will observe that if someone disagrees with a liberal's political position, immediately cries of racist, bigot, sexist or some other are raised, making the entire thing personal. I don't think criticizing a political position that someone holds is a criticism of the person, but yet you do.[/QUOTE]

The narrative for the last 7 1/2 years has been that if you criticize Obama, you are racist.

Republicans have been criticizing his positions and not the man, so now we are led to believe you can't separate the two, so Republicans are racist no matter what.

Pretty crazy way of thinking.

Obama just stated "we don't know the motivation of Mateen" that is why this Weasel in Chief needs to go!

However, I will observe that if someone disagrees with a liberal's political position, immediately cries of racist, bigot, sexist or some other are raised, making the entire thing personal. I don't think criticizing a political position that someone holds is a criticism of the person, but yet you do.

The narrative for the last 7 1/2 years has been that if you criticize Obama, you are racist.

Republicans have been criticizing his positions and not the man, so now we are led to believe you can't separate the two, so Republicans are racist no matter what.

Pretty crazy way of thinking.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know.

If you disagree with the political position of someone who can't separate their political position from their person, yeah, they take it as a personal attack, when all it really is is a disagreement of that political position, and is separate from the individual(s).

Have you ever heard 'Nothing personal but I disagree with you' ? A completely legitimate statement, but not if disagreeing with someone is in essence taken as a personal attack.

Back
Top Bottom