• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A good article about Israel's destruction of the news building

Depends on if we are selling or giving.
LOL Really? You don't know that we are giving? Here's a hint: Israel gets the most U.S. foreign aid of any country ($3.3 Billion in 2019) except Afghanistan where we have had our troops stationed for 20 years.

LOL Really? You don't know that we are giving? Here's a hint: Israel gets the most U.S. foreign aid of any country.
Then we shouldn't give, but it shouldn't be isolated just to Israel. No countries should be sucking off our teat for nothing.

Then we shouldn't give, but it shouldn't be isolated just to Israel. No countries should be sucking off our teat for nothing.
You do know that foreign aid is a tool of diplomacy don't you? It has given us a surprising number of things that are in our country's best interest often far out stripping the costs of the aid. Access to a country by American corporations is one of the more common perks. You can't only carry a big stick.

You do know that foreign aid is a tool of diplomacy don't you? It has given us a surprising number of things that are in our country's best interest often far out stripping the costs of the aid. Access to a country by American corporations is one of the more common perks. You can't only carry a big stick.
So are you saying you want to cut foreign aid "only" to Israel?

So are you saying you want to cut foreign aid "only" to Israel?
No you want only Israel to get aid. IMO The Israelis are not acting like a nation that respects the U.S. They have lied about the settlements yet again and resist the 2 State solution we have advocated for decades. Aid needs to come with strings or it is not aid it is extortion. It's time for some tough love....and without Netanyahu. He needs to step down.

No you want only Israel to get aid. IMO The Israelis are not acting like a nation that respects the U.S. They have lied about the settlements yet again and resist the 2 State solution we have advocated for decades. Aid needs to come with strings or it is not aid it is extortion. It's time for some tough love....and without Netanyahu. He needs to step down.
Your opinion is based on heavy bias, there's a reason all US presidents from both parties have decided to keep the arrangement.
Perhaps there is a great value to it after all, who knew.

You just made shit up. Why did you do that? Probably because my question was close to the mark so you're defecting with a falsehood to avoid answering the question.

Your opinion is based on heavy bias, there's a reason all US presidents from both parties have decided to keep the arrangement.
Perhaps there is a great value to it after all, who knew.

It’s certainly a great deal for the genocidal thugs in Beijing. After all, Israel supplies them with all the advanced western arms they could want.

We simply cannot forget what Hamas is, because if we listen to only its pig-headed apologists we will only ever see them as victims. Again, the following are quotes from the founding charter of Hamas, the current de facto ruling party in Gaza. So let's al read and acknowledge Hamas's own words explaining to the world why Hamas exists:

• 'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.' (Preamble)

• 'The Islamic Resistance Movement is a distinguished Palestinian movement, whose allegiance is to Allah, and whose way of life is Islam. It strives to raise the banner of Allah over every inch of Palestine.' (Article 6)

• 'The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees, and the rocks and trees will cry out: 'O Moslem, there is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him.' (Article 7)

• '[Peace] initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement ... Those conferences are no more than a means to appoint the infidels as arbitrators in the lands of Islam ... There is no solution for the Palestinian problem except by Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are but a waste of time, an exercise in futility.' (Article 13)

• 'Palestine is an Islamic land... Since this is the case, the Liberation of Palestine is an individual duty for every Moslem wherever he may be.' (Article 13)

• 'The day the enemies usurp part of Moslem land, Jihad becomes the individual duty of every Moslem. In the face of the Jews' usurpation, it is compulsory that the banner of Jihad be raised.' (Article 15)

Just lovely, aren't they?

No they are rejectionist annihilationist bile, but that still doesn't alter the fact that Israeli state terrorism is more deadly and massively more prevalent than that of Hamas . That the US state terrorism is worse still.

You only believe the terrorists are on the otherside because that 's what the terrorists on your own side, who shaped your perspectives told you what to believe, made sure you believed. lol.

No they are rejectionist annihilationist bile, but that still doesn't alter the fact that Israeli state terrorism is more deadly and massively more prevalent than that of Hamas . That the US state terrorism is worse still.

You only believe the terrorists are on the otherside because that 's what the terrorists on your own side, who shaped your perspectives told you what to believe, made sure you believed. lol.
You are absolutely correct. The terrorist are on one side; Hamas’s side; your side.

I couldn't find any respond to this important claim:
Israel gains nothing by bombing news organizations. The assertion they did this to mask coverage of the conflict is laughably absurd. The action only intensified the negative coverage of Israel, and they had to know this was a likely outcome of the attack. It therefore makes sense to presume Israel had some other reason for bombing this building, and hampering Hamas's activities certainly would qualify as a good one.

I couldn't find any respond to this important claim:

Because I don't read that poster, but because you highlighted it I glanced, and it's simply poor, fallacious logic. It doesn't even feel worth explaining.

Because I don't read that poster, but because you highlighted it I glanced, and it's simply poor, fallacious logic. It doesn't even feel worth explaining.
Quite the opposite, I myself was considering pointing out the problem of the 'logic' that they created an international furor in order to avoid coverage. Conversely, terrorist organizations' use of human shields and soft targets for their bases of operation are well-established, and it seems according to an earlier post in the thread that the Biden administration has confirmed (however equivocally, perhaps for political reasons) receipt of Israel's information on that site. Considering Israel's care to ensure no casualties, that seems about as good as can be expected by any reasonable standard.

Last edited:
Quite the opposite, I myself was considering pointing out the problem of the 'logic' that they created an international furor in order to avoid coverage. Conversely, terrorist organizations' use of human shields and soft targets for their bases of operation are well-established, and it seems according to an earlier post in the thread that the Biden administration has confirmed (however equivocally, perhaps for political reasons) receipt of Israel's information on that site. Considering Israel's care to ensure no casualties, that seems about as good as can be expected by any reasonable standard.

Then you're buying the same poor logic.

Israel took care to avoid *journalist* casualties, because they know the price of actually blowing up the reporters without warning is too high, while not actually killing them but destroying their building has the effect of reducing their coverage. Care to avoid killing Palestinians, not so much. I'm not buying Hamas military operations from the building journalists use without good evidence.

Back
Top Bottom