• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A general musing about a republican form of government

Verbosity aside, people fear government oppression and corruption more than "the unknown.. This country was born in revolution because england was oppressive.

Sure..sure...that's what the greeks said, the romans, the french in 1789, the russians in 1917, the british empire, the russians (again) in 1991...etc..etc..history is littered with the ruins of nations whose people thought "Oh, that couldn't happen HERE."

That is exactly what I said. It is a natural, inevitable process.

Of course they aren't destroyed. "People" have existed for tens of thousands of years...and "people" have survived hundreds of thousands of revolutions in that time.

"lulz" all you want. Read some history. I said the average lifespan of a nation works out to around 200 years.and that's true...now you're purposely misunderstanding to somehow imply that I said the world is going to end..or something...but "lulz" it up...

I said nations...there is no nation in the new world that is 500 years old.

verbosity and exaggeration aside, it isn't a "timeline of horror". Every nation in the world was born in blood and they all die in blood. It's how human beings operate.

You are saying the u.s. will never fall?

All due respect, son, but most of what I gather from your reply is that your vocabulary appears to greatly exceed your education.
Oh, another one. Like that, is it?

Cool. Well, see ya. :)

Oh, another one. Like that, is it?

Cool. Well, see ya. :)

In other words you have no counter arguments so you abandon your position and retreat.

Resolved, then;
The average lifespan of a nation is around 200 years and they eventually die in revolution.

Centuries of stable tyranny. Sure, that's one way of maintaining acquiescence. Post-Democracy? You can't close Pandora's Box.

Education as baseline for eligibility? That's a floodgate, dude. Not to mention elitist as hell. Those bound by any social contract (that being the citizenry) are afforded rights. Rights that were hard won.

Why waste time wishing for something that will never be? The majority would never accept this. Nor should they.

Elitism? It is "Elitism," then to require basic educational competence in voters? Why in doctors then? Lawyers? Policemen? Electricians? Drivers? Food handlers?

If this is Elitism, then I favor Elitism, and any rational adult should as well. People who advocate that the ignorant should vote don't in any way deserve that right themselves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom