• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Force Field Against Mosquitoes?

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
They have come out with a new way to ward off mosquitoes. To try and make humans invisible to them. Or by putting a force field around them.

When warding off mosquitoes, few products on the market offer a convenient and non-toxic solution. Mosquito netting and EPA-registered repellants may be the most prevalent commercial products for the task, but a company called ieCrowd says it is about to introduce a new approach: the Kite Mosquito Patch.

Worldwide, 666,000 people die from malaria each year, according to the most recent statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In Africa, where 91 percent of worldwide Malaria cases were recorded in 2010, the need for an effective and convenient repellant is critical.

Developed at the University of California Riverside, the technology behind the Kite, which ieCrowd acquired, is said to involve non-toxic chemical compounds that neutralize a mosquito’s only meal ticket: its ability to detect carbon dioxide, which humans exhale.

“The Kite Patch is somewhat of a marvel - a novel approach to mosquito deterrents,” said Grey Frandsen, ieCrowd’s chief marketing officer and Kite’s project lead. “[It] creates a spatial plume, if you will, around the human body and essentially makes us invisible to mosquitoes.”

Each Kite Patch, which sticks onto garments, is purported to shield humans from mosquitoes for up to 48 hours. Frandsen would not reveal which chemical compounds are in the Kite Patch because the technology is patent pending. Nevertheless, he insisted that the compounds are safe.

“All of the compounds that we are bringing together and blending represent compounds approved by the Food and Drug Administration here in the United States for consumption, and by the International Fragrance Association for the fragrances,” he said.

Pending approval from the Environmental Protection Agency, ieCrowd expects to release the Kite Patch within 10 to 14 months. He declined to say how much it will cost.....snip~

More on the this patch. ;)

A company has developed a non-toxic patch that protects people from the evil doings of mosquitoes. Called the Kite patch, the device scrambles their CO2 tracking abilities.

Called the Kite Patch, the repellent was developed at the University of California at Riverside with the goal of lessening the number of fatalities resulting from malaria.

The patches are said to work for 48 hours, are non-toxic, and can be attached to clothing, bags, bikes and myriad other surfaces.....snip~

They have come out with a new way to ward off mosquitoes. To try and make humans invisible to them. Or by putting a force field around them.

When warding off mosquitoes, few products on the market offer a convenient and non-toxic solution. Mosquito netting and EPA-registered repellants may be the most prevalent commercial products for the task, but a company called ieCrowd says it is about to introduce a new approach: the Kite Mosquito Patch.

Worldwide, 666,000 people die from malaria each year, according to the most recent statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In Africa, where 91 percent of worldwide Malaria cases were recorded in 2010, the need for an effective and convenient repellant is critical.

Developed at the University of California Riverside, the technology behind the Kite, which ieCrowd acquired, is said to involve non-toxic chemical compounds that neutralize a mosquito’s only meal ticket: its ability to detect carbon dioxide, which humans exhale.

“The Kite Patch is somewhat of a marvel - a novel approach to mosquito deterrents,” said Grey Frandsen, ieCrowd’s chief marketing officer and Kite’s project lead. “[It] creates a spatial plume, if you will, around the human body and essentially makes us invisible to mosquitoes.”

Each Kite Patch, which sticks onto garments, is purported to shield humans from mosquitoes for up to 48 hours. Frandsen would not reveal which chemical compounds are in the Kite Patch because the technology is patent pending. Nevertheless, he insisted that the compounds are safe.

“All of the compounds that we are bringing together and blending represent compounds approved by the Food and Drug Administration here in the United States for consumption, and by the International Fragrance Association for the fragrances,” he said.

Pending approval from the Environmental Protection Agency, ieCrowd expects to release the Kite Patch within 10 to 14 months. He declined to say how much it will cost.....snip~

Man, I would be a great test for this, mosquitoes love me... other people like to have me near them cause I attract all the mosquitoes... I live in Panama, previously infamous malaria territory, so maybe I will try this out if not too too expensive. I really need something to ward of the chitras, like no see 'ems, down there. They are worse to me and if you scratch later the itch gets three times as bad and if you scratch again the itch is then multiplied by an additional three times the itchiness. So, anybody have any ideas on that? Maybe this patch will work for that too....have to watch for it...

Man, I would be a great test for this, mosquitoes love me... other people like to have me near them cause I attract all the mosquitoes... I live in Panama, previously infamous malaria territory, so maybe I will try this out if not too too expensive. I really need something to ward of the chitras, like no see 'ems, down there. They are worse to me and if you scratch later the itch gets three times as bad and if you scratch again the itch is then multiplied by an additional three times the itchiness. So, anybody have any ideas on that? Maybe this patch will work for that too....have to watch for it...

Heya GC. :2wave: They say ya can donate 35 dollars to send them to places infested with mosquitoes and they will send ya handful of those patches. They also have Plants out there you can get and grow. Which keeps them away as well.

I live off a creek and have woods out back. So I have deployed as many weapons as I can. Which I did a lot of it when my kids were growing up.
m1helmet.gif
:lol:

Course marijuana plants have an affect on them as well. Course good Ole Uncle Sam has known this for years. Which they just wont up and let anyone grow the stuff wherever.

I use Cat of tails, (punks), also coffee grounds that I dump on the bank by the creek. Mosquito Plants. Incense Sticks.....those Gigantic ones. Which I will stick those all up in and around where I am working on the bank.

Heya GC. :2wave: They say ya can donate 35 dollars to send them to places infested with mosquitoes and they will send ya handful of those patches. They also have Plants out there you can get and grow. Which keeps them away as well.

I live off a creek and have woods out back. So I have deployed as many weapons as I can. Which I did a lot of it when my kids were growing up.
m1helmet.gif
:lol:

Course marijuana plants have an affect on them as well. Course good Ole Uncle Sam has known this for years. Which they just wont up and let anyone grow the stuff wherever.

I use Cat of tails, (punks), also coffee grounds that I dump on the bank by the creek. Mosquito Plants. Incense Sticks.....those Gigantic ones. Which I will stick those all up in and around where I am working on the bank.

Hola MMC,

Mary jane has an effect on mosquitoes? How so...and are you talking the plants or the smoke or...??

Hola MMC,

Mary jane has an effect on mosquitoes? How so...and are you talking the plants or the smoke or...??

Yep, The Plants.....I think it has to do with the THC. The more resin-ated the plant the more they stay away from it.

Also once in a while our town has mosquito fish dropped into the creek and they eat the eggs then make their way down to the Lil Calumet river. Food for the other fish.

Yep, The Plants.....I think it has to do with the THC. The more resin-ated the plant the more they stay away from it.

Also once in a while our town has mosquito fish dropped into the creek and they eat the eggs then make their way down to the Lil Calumet river. Food for the other fish.

Cool, I think I am going to build a fish pond and stock it with Tilapia on my property in Panama to cut down on the mosquito/bug population and good eating too...lol

Cool, I think I am going to build a fish pond and stock it with Tilapia on my property in Panama to cut down on the mosquito/bug population and good eating too...lol

Well, Bill Gates and his people are behind this.....also Gates has something going with Oxitech. Which are the ones that were going to release those Bio-Engineered mosquitos into South and Central America. Plus now the Florida Keys.

Try the coffee grounds thing too. ;)

Well, Bill Gates and his people are behind this.....also Gates has something going with Oxitech. Which are the ones that were going to release those Bio-Engineered mosquitos into South and Central America. Plus now the Florida Keys.

Try the coffee grounds thing too. ;)

I will certainly do that, I love my coffee, so grinds every morning...already spread my grounds in an area off my back porch that is a bit sandy, trying to enrich it a bit.

Don't know if I like the sound of bio engineered mosquitoes tho.

I will certainly do that, I love my coffee, so grinds every morning...already spread my grounds in an area off my back porch that is a bit sandy, trying to enrich it a bit.

Don't know if I like the sound of bio engineered mosquitoes tho.

I love my coffee as well. Even have a coffee thread here in Off topic too. :mrgreen: My whole one side of the yard going down the bank to the creek smells like coffee. :lol:

Here is the link to the thread we had on those Bio's. They already released them in Brazil.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/scien...engineered-mosquitoes-released-into-wild.html

Back
Top Bottom