• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A federal judge called out John Durham's prosecutors for creating a 'sideshow' with a court filing

You apparently assume. I've never supported totalitarianism! Playing games has originated on your end of this.

Why would I send a picture of me????? To anybody for that matter!

Durham isn't my guy, so I'll leave it up to you to send pictures to him or whomever you wish. It is you who brought up "picture of ouch" - remember?
The rest of your sentence didn't make any sense. Unfortunately, par for the course.
Well, you have called Carlson a traitor for some things he said so you must think the WH should look to shut him up.
Can't allow traitorous speech, right?
Like, for instance, should the WH collude with Facebook to censor what they want to call traitorous speech?

In that case, Trump should be forced to pay for all his ridiculous attempts to dodge justice.
I have a feeling if I was in trouble and took the same approach as Trump I'd not be given so much leniency.
I'd like to see that myself, but maybe because the jerk off was once our president, he's allowed special treatment for life. I'm hoping that that this mold of being above the law is at least severely cracked this year and next.

There are a lot of you that care far too much about some really stupid shit.

Well, you have called Carlson a traitor for some things he said so you must think the WH should look to shut him up.
It seems like most conversation in this thread has been mainly about John Durham's legal team and Judge Cooper.

As far as traitors, yeah - anyone who backs the assault on our Capitol or cozies up to somebody like Putin is a damn traitor in my book.

Can't allow traitorous speech, right?
Depends on how such speech affects the safety of others. If you or others haven't noticed yet, there's limitations to some free speech speak.

Like, for instance, should the WH collude with Facebook to censor what they want to call traitorous speech?
Depends on how such FB messaging affects the safety of others or the security of our nation.

It seems like most conversation in this thread has been mainly about John Durham's legal team and Judge Cooper.

As far as traitors, yeah - anyone who backs the assault on our Capitol or cozies up to somebody like Putin is a damn traitor in my book.

Depends on how such speech affects the safety of others. If you or others haven't noticed yet, there's limitations to some free speech speak.

Depends on how such FB messaging affects the safety of others or the security of our nation.
A criteria that would limit free speech isn't an ideology you don't agree with.
The fact that you're okay with a political WH colluding with a private organization to censor speech the WH doesn't agree with is really revealing and not something you should be proud of.

Have you ever watched an entire episode of Carlson's show?
Please provide a Carlson quote in context, context means something more than a sentence, that in your mind demonstrates that Carlson is a traitor.

A criteria that would limit free speech isn't an ideology you don't agree with.
The fact that you're okay with a political WH colluding with a private organization to censor speech the WH doesn't agree with is really revealing and not something you should be proud of.
Are you upset with a political message board limiting free speech? It's in the rules here just as it's included in our laws in our nation. Don't yell "fire" in a crowded theater, when there isn't one.

Have you ever watched an entire episode of Carlson's show?
Hell no! There's been enough clips and articles about the stupid SOB that there's no need to intake his garbage for an entire hour.

If at first one doesn't succeed, try, try, try, try, try, try again. It appears that some judges are now getting more tired of the Trumper's bag of tricks to nowhere.

At the center of the hearing was a conflict-of-interest motion that Durham's office filed in its ongoing case against the former Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann.

The conflict motion contained almost no new information and highlighted potential conflicts of interest regarding Sussmann's legal representation. But right-wing news outlets and former President Donald Trump took several details in the filing out of context and falsely said that it showed the Clinton campaign illegally surveilled Trump.

Sussmann's legal team subsequently asked to strike those details from the motion, saying the filing was unnecessary because Sussmann had already understood the issues raised in it and waived any potential conflicts. They also accused Durham's team of operating in bad faith and saying the inclusion of those details was "plainly intended to politicize this case, inflame media coverage, and taint the jury pool."

When Durham was named U.S. Attorney in Connecticut in 2017, he received bipartisan support, including from Connecticut Democratic U.S. Senators Richard Blumenthal and Christopher Murphy, who are critics of Donald Trump, according to The Courant. Time Magazine reported in 2009 that Durham has a reputation for being “thorough and cautious” but getting his prey when he “fixes on a target.”

The Democratic Senators recommended Durham to Trump for the Connecticut U.S. Attorney’s position, writing in a statement at the time, “We are confident that Durham will continue this record of success in providing strong leadership to the office….John Durham has earned immense respect as a no-nonsense, fierce, and fair prosecutor.” You can read the joint press release from Blumenthal and Murphy here. His nomination was unanimously confirmed by the U.S. Senate, according to C-Span’s Craig Caplan.

In 2011, The New Republic listed Durham among Washington’s “most powerful, least famous” people. “Durham had earned a nonpartisan, camera-shy, ‘white knight’ reputation in the Northeast before his move to D.C.,” the publication reported.

The Day reported that Durham was once described as having “an uncanny ability to identify the smallest of facts in a case” and “weave it together into a tapestry of detail,” but was sometimes known for mismatching his suit jackets and pants.

Blumenthal, Murphy Statement on Nomination of John H. Durham to Serve as US Attorney for District of Connecticut​

(Washington, DC) – U.S. Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) issued the following statement regarding news that John H. Durham has been nominated to serve as United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut. The senators recommended Durham to President Trump.
John Durham has earned immense respect as a no-nonsense, fierce and fair prosecutor, and we are pleased that the White House has agreed with our recommendation that he serve as United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut. As an Assistant United States Attorney, John Durham has proven himself time and time again in some of the most challenging and sensitive cases. Deirdre Daly led the office with distinction, targeting career criminals, building close, effective partnerships with local law enforcement, establishing innovative prevention initiatives and deploying a multi-faceted approach to combatting the opioid crisis. We are confident that Durham will continue this record of success in providing strong leadership to the office,” Blumenthal and Murphy said.
John Durham has served in the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Connecticut since 1989, holding numerous positions, including Acting United States Attorney, Deputy United States Attorney, Chief of the Criminal Division, and Counsel to the United States Attorney. Prior to that, he served on the U.S. Department of Justice’s Boston Strike Force on Organized Crime, where he led the high-profile prosecution of former Supervisory FBI Special Agency John J. Connolly and mob bosses James “Whitey” Bulger, and Stephen “the Rifleman” Flemmi.
John Durham graduated from Colgate University and the University of Connecticut School of Law.

Are you upset with a political message board limiting free speech? It's in the rules here just as it's included in our laws in our nation. Don't yell "fire" in a crowded theater, when there isn't one.
I'm sure you know it's the Government collusion part so why the BS response?

Hell no! There's been enough clips and articles about the stupid SOB that there's no need to intake his garbage for an entire hour.
Ever think you could possibly sound intelligent when you talk about a movie you admit you never saw?
Yeah. It's like that.

I'm sure you know it's the Government collusion part so why the BS response?
I'm sure what judge Cooper stated in the article posted in the op as being his professional opinion/ruling. In his opinion, Durham's team created a sideshow.

Ever think you could possibly sound intelligent when you talk about a movie you admit you never saw?
Yeah. It's like that.
DJT calls it fake news. Your version sports some lipstick, in which I must admit sounds nicer. I compare an individual's past history to their current day repetitiveness of jargon.

I'm sure what judge Cooper stated in the article posted in the op as being his professional opinion/ruling. In his opinion, Durham's team created a sideshow.

DJT calls it fake news. Your version sports some lipstick, in which I must admit sounds nicer. I compare an individual's past history to their current day repetitiveness of jargon.
That's a helluva lousy excuse for not knowing what you're talking about but talking about it anyway.

so trump and the cult are lying yet again. yeah, real shocker.

i think all their wives should dig deep into the lives of their lying husbands. it's just too easy for them to have no integrity.

Cry, whine, bitch, complain. Sussman is quilty and is going to jail. The left is trying to hush up the illegal activities and the Clinton involvement. DOJ and FBI were complicent with the Collusion hoax and Mueller investigation. Payback is going to be hell for the democrat world.
Truth is not your strong suit. What is the underlying crime that Sussman is going to jail for?

That's a helluva lousy excuse for not knowing what you're talking about but talking about it anyway.
That's what being on topic looks like - strange looking sh*t for Trumplicans. :whistle:

That's what being on topic looks like - strange looking sh*t for Trumplicans. :whistle:
Thinking you can talk intelligently about something you have never seen is only "on topic" if the topic is a list of bad leftist habits you see on all on political forums.

^^ Drama, exaggeration, and hysteria are the elements at play in this political show trial whose entire purpose is to find anything to prevent Trump from running in 2024. If Trump were to drown in French fry grease at Mar-a-lardass, he would be proclaimed guilty that afternoon and the committee would shut down.

They're not interested in getting to bottom of anything except their own depravity, which consists of declaring Trump guilty in the media and then screaming about it.

The greatest danger to democracy in our country is the Democratic Party.
Trump will likely be at the “Old man yells at cloud” point by then. He’s already at the “Look directly at an eclipse” point after all.

I thought the US had pretty strict rules about filing loads of petty and pointless lawsuits?
Lawyers write those laws. So they tend to favor their industry.

Thinking you can talk intelligently about something you have never seen is only "on topic" if the topic is a list of bad leftist habits you see on all on political forums.
I see already that "on topic" is mostly foreign to you. Or comprehension for that matter. 'Tis entertaining to some degree. :)

I'm waiting to find out what's next for the Durham team with the Sussmann case. If and when that surfaces and possibly posted here, I hope it doesn't create additional indigestion for you. Hang in there, bub.

Funny. About Left's obvious lack of self-awareness, I mean.
I was just reading how the Left is all worked up about Bill Barr appearing on CNN with Tapper and how Barr called them the totalitarian Left.
Yeah, and as if to affirm that description of them a bunch of 'em tweeted that Barr shouldn't be invited anywhere and allowed to speak.
You are a special bunch living in your own little world.
Hey, god sometimes uses flawed vessels and men of god have a duty to shield those flawed vessels from the consequences of their flaws.

Somebody has to get rid of the dead hookers, right?

Update:

A federal judge has turned down a request from Special Counsel John Durham for a ruling that a lawyer facing trial on a false statement charge was part of a wide-ranging “joint venture” involving Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, Democratic operatives, private investigation firm Fusion GPS and various technology researchers.

The decision issued Saturday afternoon by U.S. District Court Judge Christopher Cooper limits evidence and testimony prosecutors can offer against attorney Michael Sussmann at a jury trial set to get underway later this month.

The ruling spares the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee the potential embarrassment of a federal judge finding they were part of a coordinated effort to level since-discredited allegations that candidate Donald Trump or his allies maintained a data link from Trump Tower to Russia’s Alfa Bank. The Clinton campaign disseminated that claim amid a broader effort to call out Trump’s ties to Russia at a time when U.S. intelligence agencies had revealed efforts by the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election.

Update:

A federal judge has turned down a request from Special Counsel John Durham for a ruling that a lawyer facing trial on a false statement charge was part of a wide-ranging “joint venture” involving Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, Democratic operatives, private investigation firm Fusion GPS and various technology researchers.

The decision issued Saturday afternoon by U.S. District Court Judge Christopher Cooper limits evidence and testimony prosecutors can offer against attorney Michael Sussmann at a jury trial set to get underway later this month.

The ruling spares the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee the potential embarrassment of a federal judge finding they were part of a coordinated effort to level since-discredited allegations that candidate Donald Trump or his allies maintained a data link from Trump Tower to Russia’s Alfa Bank. The Clinton campaign disseminated that claim amid a broader effort to call out Trump’s ties to Russia at a time when U.S. intelligence agencies had revealed efforts by the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election.

It does seem outside his scope of investigating the FBI.

Given that, shouldn't there be an alleged crime that prompts such investigations?

Update:

1652148924802.png

Yup, and talked about John's mistress, an unnamed lobbyist.

And Meghan sold exactly 244 copies of her new book....

Federal jury found Sussmann not guilty today. Looks like John Durham's summer won't be as fruitful as he thought it might be.

Through multiple days of witness testimony and evidence exhibits displayed in the D.C. district court, Durham's prosecutors sought to convince the jury that Sussmann brought the info to then-FBI general counsel James Baker as part of Sussmann's work for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign and a technology company executive who had worked on assembling the data.

In their closing argument Friday, Sussmann's attorney Sean Berkowitz accused Durham's team of pushing baseless "political conspiracy theories" through their prosecution of Sussmann, who he said brought forth the information to Baker in genuine good faith.

Back
Top Bottom