• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A fact checker looked into 158 things Donald Trump said. 78 percent were false

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-than-all-the-other-2016-candidates-combined/
A fact checker looked into 158 things Donald Trump said. 78 percent were false.

Liar, liar…. Pants on fire……. If Trump opens his mouth, chances are 78% of the time it is a lie

PolitiFact, the nonpartisan fact-checking outlet based in Florida, is out today with its mid-year report on the 2016 election. It's an attempt to take a step back from the day-to-day grind of the campaign and see which candidates are telling the truth and which aren't.

Donald Trump isn't.

Of the 158 Trump claims that PolitiFact has checked out, 95 have been rated either "False" or "Pants on Fire." That's 60 percent of all Trump claims. As PolitiFact notes, if you include the Trump statements rated "mostly false" in that group, 78 percent of all of Trump's fact-checked claims have been scored "mostly false" or worse.

That's not even the most amazing fact in the PolitiFact report. That honor goes to this: "Trump has more statements rated Pants on Fire, 30, than the 21 other candidates for president we’ve fact-checked this cycle combined……….

ALSO SEE:
The truth (so far) behind the 2016 campaign | PolitiFact

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-than-all-the-other-2016-candidates-combined/

Liar, liar…. Pants on fire……. If Trump opens his mouth, chances are 78% of the time it is a lie

PolitiFact, the nonpartisan fact-checking outlet based in Florida, is out today with its mid-year report on the 2016 election. It's an attempt to take a step back from the day-to-day grind of the campaign and see which candidates are telling the truth and which aren't.

Donald Trump isn't.

Of the 158 Trump claims that PolitiFact has checked out, 95 have been rated either "False" or "Pants on Fire." That's 60 percent of all Trump claims. As PolitiFact notes, if you include the Trump statements rated "mostly false" in that group, 78 percent of all of Trump's fact-checked claims have been scored "mostly false" or worse.

That's not even the most amazing fact in the PolitiFact report. That honor goes to this: "Trump has more statements rated Pants on Fire, 30, than the 21 other candidates for president we’ve fact-checked this cycle combined……….

ALSO SEE:

But wait - don't you know that Politifact (and pretty much all other fact-checking sites) have a strong liberal bias? How could they not, since reality itself has a liberal bias?

But wait - don't you know that Politifact (and pretty much all other fact-checking sites) have a strong liberal bias? How could they not, since reality itself has a liberal bias?

Biased you say..........

Please give a few examples from the PolitiFact list of Trump's statements which have been altered, spun, or untrue ...........

Four of five should do to prove their bias

When are they going to fact check Hillary?

Now would you like to tell us all what you mean

...If a conservative is discussing how detrimental liberalism is to society, they're most likely being serious. If a liberal or progressive says the same thing, they are most likely being sarcastic. It's not exactly what happened, but it's a pretty close metaphor.

Donald Trump isn't.

ALSO SEE:

You mean to say that he's only about 15% lower than Hillary?

Now would you like to tell us all what you mean

Politifact is a creation of the Tampa Bay Times. The TBT is published by the Poynter Institute. The Poynter Institute is affiliated with a who who list of Progressive Machine members.

New Fact-Checking Network Funded by Liberal Snowden Supporter

Tides Foundation
Open Society Institute - George Soro's -

Over 30 Major News Organizations Linked to George Soros | Media Research Center

Knight Foundation

Democracy Alliance

And the list goes on and on.

PolitiFact Bias

Politifact is part of the Progressive Machines strategy of disinformation hidden by the appearance of objective analysis. It's the reason the Machine has spent $100's of millions to create important sounding organizations like The Center for Budget and Policy Priorities. It's a shame and a massive propaganda effort supported by big labor and other ideologically driven organizations.

Donald Trump isn't.

ALSO SEE:

IMO, most Trump supporters don't care. So desperate for a change in the status quo, they are willing to get on any bandwagon that has a chance of defeating it.

Frankly I'm amazed that he seems to be truthful as much as 22% of the time.

I'm guessing the Pravda fact-checkers would give Devious Donald a 100% honest rating.

78% seems a little on the low side. It seems that if I threw darts blindfolded I'd hit the bullseye more often than he tells the truth.

Donald Trump isn't.

ALSO SEE:

I thought insanity was a legitimate defense in a courtroom.

You could never convict him.

Once again, our political parties have produced candidates that nobody would lend money to or hire as a baby sitter.

Crooked Hillary and Crazy Donald...

I'm surprised that the Donald got that high on the truth-o-meter.

Between the two of them, if you can find even one statement that is completely true and free of agenda driven motivation, I would find it to be very surprising.

If either one of them told me their name, I'd ask to see some ID.

Once again, our political parties have produced candidates that nobody would lend money to or hire as a baby sitter.

Between the two of them, if you can find even one statement that is completely true and free of agenda driven motivation, I would find it to be very surprising.

Politifact finds Clinton to have made 23% completely true statements to Trump's 2%. A politician is supposed to have an "agenda driven motivation." To run for office without one is just goofy.

You mean to say that he's only about 15% lower than Hillary?

I couldn't say because I am not aware of PolitiFact analysis of HRC..........

But IMO I would think the difference between Trump and HRC would be much more..........

Now if you would check that out I am sure the forum community would appreciate knowing what the difference between the two is.........

And appreciate the service......

Politifact is a creation of the Tampa Bay Times. The TBT is published by the Poynter Institute. The Poynter Institute is affiliated with a who who list of Progressive Machine members.

Tides Foundation

Knight Foundation

Democracy Alliance

PolitiFact Bias

Politifact is part of the Progressive Machines strategy of disinformation hidden by the appearance of objective analysis. It's the reason the Machine has spent $100's of millions to create important sounding organizations like The Center for Budget and Policy Priorities. It's a shame and a massive propaganda effort supported by big labor and other ideologically driven organizations.

Greetings, ocean515. :2wave:

It's always informative to follow something back to its source, isn't it? So far, Soros money appears to be behind most of the agenda that centers on our country becoming part of a one-world-government, whether the people want it or not! Fortunately, there are still enough people who remember what rights our Constitution gives us, and are willing to fight for them! On this July 4 weekend, I like to remember that!

Tides Foundation

Knight Foundation

Democracy Alliance

PolitiFact Bias

Have you bothered to read the item you claim justifies/confirms/proves PolitiFact has liberal bias.........IMO the good fellow who put this site together seems to be a biased RW extremist or someone in need of some sort of mental health intervention..........and is someone best described as seeing the boogieman just around the corner.......

Now you may judge my assessment as biased/harsh/overstated........

But read the few cherry-picked examples that proves PolitiFact's bias........

all are breathtakingly illogical and dishonest..........

But let's assume the 4-5 items are accurate.........

Four or five items does not make for the claim/proof of liberal bias.........

And the other example of "PolitiFact is part of the Progressive Machines strategy of disinformation" is conspiracy theory at its best.........

So lets drop the argument PolitiFact is bias and therefore all they claim is not truth BS excuse as an argument..........

And deal with each item checking if the facts used are accurate........

IMO, most Trump supporters don't care. So desperate for a change in the status quo, they are willing to get on any bandwagon that has a chance of defeating it.

I must sadly agree.......

And my guess that seem to be so is the unstated reason for these folks supporting Trump involves some "politically correctly" issue if made public folks would judge socially unacceptable

Donald Trump isn't.

ALSO SEE:

I'm surprised it's that low.

Good for Trump!

Very disappointing......but we have no one other to blame but us

Have you bothered to read the item you claim justifies/confirms/proves PolitiFact has liberal bias.........IMO the good fellow who put this site together seems to be a biased RW extremist or someone in need of some sort of mental health intervention..........and is someone best described as seeing the boogieman just around the corner.......

Now you may judge my assessment as biased/harsh/overstated........

But read the few cherry-picked examples that proves PolitiFact's bias........

all are breathtakingly illogical and dishonest..........

But let's assume the 4-5 items are accurate.........

Four or five items does not make for the claim/proof of liberal bias.........

And the other example of "PolitiFact is part of the Progressive Machines strategy of disinformation" is conspiracy theory at its best.........

So lets drop the argument PolitiFact is bias and therefore all they claim is not truth BS excuse as an argument..........

And deal with each item checking if the facts used are accurate........

No. Let's admit Politifact is part of a political machine, as I proved, and recognize they have an agenda that has been invested in, with expectations it will be followed.

The links I provided certainly contain dialogue that indicates a bias, but the points raised are equally subjective, just as with most of Politifacts "Pants on Fire" investigation.

For example, when Trump says the US is the highest taxed nation in the world, what does he include in the term "taxed". What context was involved? Does Politifact take that into consideration? No. What they do is twist and turn to try to claim the statement is false. But is it? The US has the highest Corporate Tax among developed nations. They agree with this, but then they go on to say no corporation pays that rate, so they discount that part.

Did they include sales taxes, excise taxes, even fees citizens are subjected to every day? A careful read shows they did not. Did they attempt to provide any benefit of the doubt, an adjustment in their approach on this particular issues? In fact, did they adjust their analysis in the same way they adjusted their take on the Corporate Tax Rate? No they did not.

Politifact has been caught out numerous times for their subjective and quite biased opinions. Just what the money that created it expects.

As a final note, how many people even know the Progressive Machine ownership of Politifact? Do you think anyone would view a fact check operation paid for the RNC as being unbiased? I don't think so.

People should take Politifact's "ratings" with a grain of salt. Entertaining, but that's as far as it goes.

Back
Top Bottom