• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A Eulogy, or a campaign convention?

Deegan said:
I can't really argue with a Deaniac about this, we all know the lengths you will go professor, but I am speaking of the Kings, not the talking heads, the politicians, or the obedient parishioners.;)

Why don't you ask the King's children what they thought then, rather than Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly? :roll:

hipsterdufus said:
Why don't you ask the King's children what they thought then, rather than Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly? :roll:

I don't know those people, you're the one with pictures of you and the DNC chaiman? I see your rolly eye, and raise you one.:roll: :roll:

Stinger said:
I was waiting for Chris Matthews or Cynthia Tucker to bring up the fact that it was Democrats who tapped MLK, that it was Democrats who stood in the doorways of schools, that it was Democrats who put the dogs on protestors, that it was Democrats who refuse to allow MLK day and it was Democrats who refused to let him lie in state in the capital. It was Democrats who engaged in the longest filbuster in Senate history as they fought against Civil Rights.

That proably explains why they turned the funeral into a political campain,they hope that people will forget the past crimes of their party.

This tells you how ridiculous the whole spectacle was...

The person that showed the most decorum was Bill Clinton...

That's all you need to know to understand how sad this was....

cnredd said:

Holy sh!t you're right, now birds are going to start fly north for the winter, rain will fall up, the sun will set in the east, Trajan will start paying his taxes (fuc/k you IRS), cats and dogs living together, MASS HYSTERIA!!!

cnredd said:

Here's what the Bush's thought of Clinton. What a pic!

king.184.1.650.jpg

jamesrage said:
That proably explains why they turned the funeral into a political campain,they hope that people will forget the past crimes of their party.

Huh?

J Edgar Hoover's wiretapping of the Kings, approved by RFK, is an embarrassment for the Dems.

If you think it was a crime then, as I do, can you see the logic in thinking that warrantless wiretapping is a crime now?

hipsterdufus said:
Huh?

J Edgar Hoover's wiretapping of the Kings, approved by RFK, is an embarrassment for the Dems.

If you think it was a crime then, as I do, can you see the logic in thinking that warrantless wiretapping is a crime now?

lmfao you're comparing the wire tapping of MLK to the wire tapping of AlQaeda which is an enemy of the United States. Gimme a break.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
lmfao you're comparing the wire tapping of MLK to the wire tapping of AlQaeda which is an enemy of the United States. Gimme a break.

What makes you so sure that they are just tapping al-Qaeda? How do you know that for sure?

Middleground said:
What makes you so sure that they are just tapping al-Qaeda? How do you know that for sure?

How do you know that your local police force is not tapping your phone. How do you know for sure?

Middleground said:

What makes you so sure that the CIA isn't monitoring your thought waves through the micro chip they implanted in your head. How do you know for sure?

hipsterdufus said:
Here's what the Bush's thought of Clinton. What a pic!

king.184.1.650.jpg

You can take any picture and put it in a context to meet your argument. It appears to me that Laura was blinking and the President looked over Clinton's shoulder to something that caught his attention...

You want to know what class is and what the Bush's really think of the Clinton's? Go back to the Bill Clinton presidential portrait unveiling ceremony...

And yes, I believe President Clinton showed a lot of class in the ceremony. I think he could be the best or 2nd best politician in my lifetime(born 1968), either him or Reagan...

hipsterdufus said:
I think the people at the funeral appreciated the event - Clinton got a two minute standing ovation. At least Bush didn't get booed like he did at the pope's funeral.

Activism is what the Kings' life was all about! If the boy in the bubble can't take it, he should have stayed home, like Cheney did.

Oh yeah - Cheney voted against establishing MLK day as a holiday, I guess that's why he wasn't there.

Coretta would have loved it my friend!

I did not know GWB got booed at the Popes funeral........

So you are saying that is is ok to have a political rally at someones funeral.......

I was against establishing MLK day as a holiday too......

The only thing that needs to be said in this post is that politicians gathered together to pay their last respects and to express the gratitude of a grateful nation with as much class and professionalism as they could muster.....and they failed miserably, turning such a solemn occasion into nothing more than another politically biased mud-flinging, ambush/opportunity.

It is occasions like this that makes me somewhat embarrased to be an American, knowing that the rest of the world was watching this, too, and thinking these guys couldn't even stand together in civility to pay tribute to such a great American - NOT Dem or Republican!

The dems did the same thing at the Wellstone funeral and they got it broke off in them when Norm Coleman was elected to the Senate from Minnesota...They never learn from a mistake........Lets hope the same thing happens again...........

reaganburch said:
You can take any picture and put it in a context to meet your argument. It appears to me that Laura was blinking and the President looked over Clinton's shoulder to something that caught his attention...

You want to know what class is and what the Bush's really think of the Clinton's? Go back to the Bill Clinton presidential portrait unveiling ceremony...

And yes, I believe President Clinton showed a lot of class in the ceremony. I think he could be the best or 2nd best politician in my lifetime(born 1968), either him or Reagan...

My guess is that you didn't watch the ceremony, or at least this portion of it. It was clear that the Bush's were uncomfortable throughout.

I'd be uncomfortable too, if I was having an audience with thousands of people and only two voted for me - my wife and my daddy - but even daddy's not so sure he did the right thing anymore. ;)

Navy Pride said:
The dems did the same thing at the Wellstone funeral and they got it broke off in them when Norm Coleman was elected to the Senate from Minnesota...They never learn from a mistake........Lets hope the same thing happens again...........

The Wellstone funeral had nothing to do with Coleman winning. It's hard to win an election when your candidate is dead. :roll:

John Ashcroft lost to a dead guy, but it's pretty rare.

I can't wait till Franken cleans Coleman's clock and becomes the Junior Senator from Minn. in 08!

I'm taking bets now - any takers?

My favorite Norm Coleman scene is when James Galloway ripped him a new a-hole when Galloway testified before the Senate.

hipsterdufus said:
The Wellstone funeral had nothing to do with Coleman winning. It's hard to win an election when your candidate is dead. :roll:

I can't wait till Franken cleans Coleman's clock and becomes the Junior Senator from Minn. in 08!

My favorite Norm Coleman scene is when James Galloway ripped him a new a-hole when Galloway testified before the Senate.

I would not take that bet, those liberal Minnesotans will elect anyone, even professional wrestlers for crying out loud!:shock:

Deegan said:
I would not take that bet, those liberal Minnesotans will elect anyone, even professional wrestlers for crying out loud!:shock:

Hell, they voted for Mondale in '84 and Dukakis in '88...

hipsterdufus said:
My guess is that you didn't watch the ceremony, or at least this portion of it. It was clear that the Bush's were uncomfortable throughout.

I'd be uncomfortable too, if I was having an audience with thousands of people and only two voted for me - my wife and my daddy - but even daddy's not so sure he did the right thing anymore. ;)

I'd be uncomfortable too if I had to sit for hours and hours on end even listening to people I like or even 6 hours at a concert of my favorite musical group, much less at a funeral. I'd eventually have to go to the bathroom, take a nap, or something like that...

You're right, I didn't see the whole ceremony... I listened to a bunch of it... But, I don't think getting bored is the same thing as disrespecting the speaker...

I'm bored now... listening to Jim Rome, answering a phone call, answering a question at work... wait, what were we talking about again?

DAMN ADD!!!!

hipsterdufus said:
Wow, I wish I could have a crystal ball like that. Hey, tell us about the guy sitting behind the First Lady. What's he thinking?

hipsterdufus said:

Wrong hips and you know it.........Mondale was going to run as the democratic candidate taking Wellstones place and was the favorite because no one had ever heard of Coleman but because of the outrageous action at the funeral Mondale got blown out of the water........

I am really disapppointed in you telling lies......Your better then that........

Ashcroft lost to the dead guys wife in and election where the dems left the polls open way past the deadline to close in high democratic vote areas.....Did you notice how long she lasted? It was a very close race and Ashcroft had to much class to ask for a recount or challenge the election......

Every night before I go to sleep I say a little prayer that Franken gets the nomination and runs against Coleman......

You a big Galloway fan huh? He has to be one of the most corrupt politcians in the world.......

Last edited:

I agree. Which goes to show that the Democratic Party is lacking in more than a few areas. They are grasping at straws trying to hold on. They don’t care what they say what they do and especially where they say it.

Coretta deserved more and the Democrats made what should have been an occasion to honor her as the woman of faith that she was……..was inexcusable. I dont care if she hated Bushes guts. Why was he there? Who asked him to come? He was ASKED TO COME. Most those Democrats would do ANYTHING for just one vote. Bush handled himself like the man of faith that he is. I have no clue where the heck this Reverand went to theological school but he needs to go back.

Tajan you make excellent points. The media however is so biased towards Democrats and left wing libs that they never report accurately. They report in the favor of Democrats EVERY TIME. They never report anything negative about them. And stories are slid under the rug. Remember Sandy Berger......only fined 50,000 for illegally removing highly classified documents from the National Archives and intentionally destroying some of them. Oh yea he got community service. He probably is teaching classes on how to steal documents from government buildings.

I remember when Carter was in office. The press made such a big deal of him taking the time to teach bible study classes at his church. Can you only imagine if Bush did that today? OMGosh. And Clinton and all his photo opts at Southern Baptist churches while he was president. Now I won't judge his heart but his actions speak for themselves..... And so do the actions of those at the funeral service.

Carter was a horrible president but I still think Clinton was the worst. Nixon wasn’t much better…..how these men disgraced our country.

Stinger got it right when he said, “it was Democrats who refuse to allow MLK day and it was Democrats who refused to let him lie in state in the capital. It was Democrats who engaged in the longest filbuster in Senate history as they fought against Civil Rights.”

J. Edgar Hoover, the head of the FBI received permission to wiretap Dr. King. GUESS WHO GRANTED HIM PERMISSION TO DO SO? JFK’s Attorney General Robert Kennedy.

Democratic President Harry Truman once called fellow Congressman Adam Clayton Powell, “That damned N _ _ _ _ _ preacher.” (David G. McCollough, Truman (1992), p. 576.

Democratic Senator, Vice President and President Lyndon B. Johnson once said, “I talk everything over with my wife. Of course I have a N _ _ _ _ _” maid, and I talk over my problems with her too.” (Robert A. Caro, The Years of Lydon Johnson:The Means of Ascent (1990) page, 70.

After slavery came the battle over segregation. In 1963, Alabama governor George Wallace was quoted as saying, “Segregation now, Segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.” These guys are ALL DEMOCRATS?

I am sure we can talk for days about racist politicians on both sides of the aisle because they exist on both sides. But many times blacks should actually think for a moment about who and what party they are calling racist.

Why do the Blacks think the Democratic Party has done so much for them?

Today you see the Democrats going in the direction of the wind…..”I’m pro-life and after decades of voting in favor of life I think now that I am running for higher office, I’ll change my stance to pro-choice……Ok now it’s the next election and I had better change my stance once again because it seems the country is voting pro-life.”

Hmmmm “I’ll vote for the war in Iraq, no wait a minute, I think Iraq was a bad choice.”

And we wonder why their base is in a state of confusion right now?

Jallman you made comment that “I was shocked at how heartfelt and non-political Clinton was in the part they played today.”

Hillary will run in the next election....Clinton has to behave.......he wants to rent out the Lincoln bedroom to his friends again to make a few bucks.... should ole Hill make it to the White House.

Of course, if Bush were a better president, he would not have to worry about being mocked at a dead woman's funeral... or the popes.

His actions directly affect the popular reactions. like it or not. If you all are so sad and depressed, or angry or whatever emotion that's overwhelming you right now because the president was talked about and his policies were talked about, we have pills for you now.

sooo eomotional.

OMG the big bad ex-president and other people talked about the current preisdent.. whaaa whaaaa WHAAAAAAAAAAa.

cry cry cry. frick, when did the reps become crybabies?

OMG, that is just so wrong, politicing at a funeral. of all things.

Guess what. There is NO "RIGHT WAY" to have a funeral. It's purely social and purely human.

But, i guess I am sorry that your delicate sensibilities have been ruffled.

Oh, why is politicking at a funeral bad, but politicking about politicking at a funeral not bad?

libertarian_knight said:
Of course, if Bush were a better president, he would not have to worry about being mocked at a dead woman's funeral... or the popes.

His actions directly affect the popular reactions. like it or not. If you all are so sad and depressed, or angry or whatever emotion that's overwhelming you right now because the president was talked about and his policies were talked about, we have pills for you now.

sooo eomotional.

OMG the big bad ex-president and other people talked about the current preisdent.. whaaa whaaaa WHAAAAAAAAAAa.

cry cry cry. frick, when did the reps become crybabies?

OMG, that is just so wrong, politicing at a funeral. of all things.

Guess what. There is NO "RIGHT WAY" to have a funeral. It's purely social and purely human.

But, i guess I am sorry that your delicate sensibilities have been ruffled.

Oh, why is politicking at a funeral bad, but politicking about politicking at a funeral not bad?

It's just an opinion sir, no need to get your angry liberal cap out, it's just an observation of millions of funerals, and now this one. This one was like none I have ever witnessed, did they bash liberals at Reagan's funeral, of course not, it's called tact, and some should show some. There are right ways to do things, funerals included, under your twisted, partisan, and I must say, ridiculous logic, we should just to what ever makes us happy!

Back
Top Bottom