• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Divided Senate Rejects Gun Curbs, Despite Orlando Massacre [W: 710]

Glad they failed to pass. But it was far too close, so who knows what will happen next time. Hope for the Best and Prepare for the Worst.

Well considering both the GOP and DNC candidates for President love them some Gun Control, it's not a matter of if they do now it's a matter of when.

The terrorist list provision was flat unconstitutional on its face. Even beyond that, if someone is such a threat to society that we can't trust them to buy a gun, WTF are they doing in society? Think about this, we have a terrorist watch list, by default admits we have terrorists and are trusting an alphabet agency with our safety. What could possibly go wrong?

And that right there is the question a good reporter would ask.

"If we know enough about a "terrorist" to restrict his 2nd ammendment rights by violating his 5th, why aren't you restricting his 4th ammendment rights too and arresting them?"

The time is now. Promote a government that looks out for people, works with and cooperates with them to advance gun safety programs.
The more they continue to divide themselves amongst gun-banners and gun-"nuts", the more this system of divide and conquer will continue to collapse in on itself in infinitely-multiplying fractals of stupidity.

Mark Twain once proposed we're being ruled by intelligent psychopaths who are putting us on, or a bunch of paleolithic morons who really mean it.

I am almost entirely convinced it is unequivocally the latter of the two.

Gun violence can never progress in a positive direction until the left comes to their senses and realizes that it isn't gun control we need but people control. Time and time and time again the people that commit these horrendous acts, including Orlando, have had warning signs all over the place. If he had been properly taken care of and we implied people control before the fact instead of after the fact by keeping dangerous people off the streets we wouldn't even need gun control and a lot of people wouldn't even feel the need to own guns because they would be rather useless and unnecessary. This guy was a radical, hell bent on killing a bunch of people. Would it really have made any difference if there was a total ban on assault weapons and he couldn't get one? Wouldn't he have just bought some pressure cookers filled with nails and brought them into the club somehow? Aren't we wasting our time talking about the weapon of choice when this guy really shouldn't have been on the streets in the first place? That's the real issue, letting these people who are an obvious threat to society have the freedom to do this at all.

Keep us posted, Tres.

Already heard from her office. Apparently she (Ayotte) has joined forces with Susan Collins on drafting the bipartisan gun law thingy, whatever that may end up looking like. From what her staffer said, Ayotte believes that if you are too dangerous to fly on a commercial airplane it's logical to assume you are too dangerous to own a gun. Her vote on that particular measure was simply to convey her belief on that logic.

Gun violence can never progress in a positive direction until the left comes to their senses and realizes that it isn't gun control we need but people control. Time and time and time again the people that commit these horrendous acts, including Orlando, have had warning signs all over the place. If he had been properly taken care of and we implied people control before the fact instead of after the fact by keeping dangerous people off the streets we wouldn't even need gun control and a lot of people wouldn't even feel the need to own guns because they would be rather useless and unnecessary. This guy was a radical, hell bent on killing a bunch of people. Would it really have made any difference if there was a total ban on assault weapons and he couldn't get one? Wouldn't he have just bought some pressure cookers filled with nails and brought them into the club somehow? Aren't we wasting our time talking about the weapon of choice when this guy really shouldn't have been on the streets in the first place? That's the real issue, letting these people who are an obvious threat to society have the freedom to do this at all.

At what point can you lock someone up for thoughts? The guy didnt harm anyone until he did.

I have a suggestion for the anti-gun left. Since ALL you care about is using the tragic occurrence to pass SOMETHING...ANYTHING...and you have proven you dont care what it is, pass legislation that makes it EASIER for law abiding citizens to own firearms. THEN...when you have completed that you can sit back and cheer that FINALLY you have passed meaningful gun legislation.

while it was won in the senate it was lost at the SCOTUS as they failed to uphold the constitution yet again and allowed the ban on assault weapons in a couple of states stand.
more so when it violates their previous rules on weapon bans. I don't see how the lower courts can override the SCOTUS.

we need an overhaul of the SCOTUS to replace these people with people that will follow the constitution not their ideology as they are supposed to.
they are a disgrace to the bench.

I have a suggestion for the anti-gun left. Since ALL you care about is using the tragic occurrence to pass SOMETHING...ANYTHING...and you have proven you dont care what it is, pass legislation that makes it EASIER for law abiding citizens to own firearms. THEN...when you have completed that you can sit back and cheer that FINALLY you have passed meaningful gun legislation.

What is now preventing those people you describe as LAW ABIDING CITIZENS from exercising their Second Amendment rights today that would require such legislation that you propose?

Never let a crisis go to waste. It's the Democrat way.

I remember my three years working for the Michigan legislature when the Republicans had majorities in both houses and took a so called "education crisis" in Detroit and passed all manner of legislation which basically castrated the Detroit school system, the union and its employees, and what remains is a shell of the district.

But why let a crisis go to waste as you say.

If you knew someone that you thought should own a gun, but they can't buy one today, then your suggestion may make some sense, but absent such a case that requires a legislative remedy, it makes no sense.

Yet, despite the fact that we have a problem in this country will mass murderers, probably all crazy whether they received treatment or not, the republican legislature persists in doing NOTHING to try and address the problem. Shame on the republicans! They are NOT pro-life. They are quite content to watch our fellow citizens be exterminated, observe a useless moment of silence, and do NOTHING. Vote democrat.

There is a reason this is the most hated congress in history, they do nothing.

Already ordered a couple cases of rounds, since those will be on the banners radar before long - if they can't ban the gun, they will try to ban the ammo. I also ordered a new reloader and a bunch of supplies.

And, I'm no where near being a prepper.

You're speaking my language now. I started reloading about 16 years ago.

If you knew someone that you thought should own a gun, but they can't buy one today, then your suggestion may make some sense, but absent such a case that requires a legislative remedy, it makes no sense.

Yet, despite the fact that we have a problem in this country will mass murderers, probably all crazy whether they received treatment or not, the republican legislature persists in doing NOTHING to try and address the problem. Shame on the republicans! They are NOT pro-life. They are quite content to watch our fellow citizens be exterminated, observe a useless moment of silence, and do NOTHING. Vote democrat.

There is a reason this is the most hated congress in history, they do nothing.
"Do nothing"...
ABC Reporter STUMPS Democratic Lawmaker Who's Pushing For Gun Control With One Simple Question

The only thing worse than DOING NOTHING is doing something stupid. You are advocating for a whole lot of stupid. When your whole plan is to pass legislation that EVEN THE LEGISLATORS THAT ARE PROPOSING IT ADMIT DOES NOT WORK....you are backing stupid. A ****ing dumptruck load full of stupid. And of course that's redundant because you already admit..."vote democrat". Vote stupid.

Already heard from her office. Apparently she (Ayotte) has joined forces with Susan Collins on drafting the bipartisan gun law thingy, whatever that may end up looking like. From what her staffer said, Ayotte believes that if you are too dangerous to fly on a commercial airplane it's logical to assume you are too dangerous to own a gun. Her vote on that particular measure was simply to convey her belief on that logic.

too bad Ted Kennedy isn't around to testify.

You're speaking my language now. I started reloading about 16 years ago.

I load over 10,000 9mm and 10,000 12 Gauge international trap (24 G @1325 FPS)loads a year

plus a few thousand 380 and some other stuff (45 ACP and 38 short colt)

"Do nothing"...
ABC Reporter STUMPS Democratic Lawmaker Who's Pushing For Gun Control With One Simple Question

The only thing worse than DOING NOTHING is doing something stupid. You are advocating for a whole lot of stupid. When your whole plan is to pass legislation that EVEN THE LEGISLATORS THAT ARE PROPOSING IT ADMIT DOES NOT WORK....you are backing stupid. A ****ing dumptruck load full of stupid. And of course that's redundant because you already admit..."vote democrat". Vote stupid.

Your stupid little propaganda article shows nothing, Chicks on the Right, yea, that's funny. We need to change several laws to get to a place that works, such as, in addition to universal background checks, if you get on the terrorist watch list, and we clearly need to change it so that if you were on the terrorist watch list, even if you are taken off, you are flagged and can't buy a gun for 5 more years, unless you submit to a police or FBI investigation (give them due process).

It is only small mindedness and cowardice (fear of the NRA) that will not allow the republicans to come up with legislation to better protect american lives, than it protects home grown terrorists rights to acquire guns to kill our fellow citizens.

I load over 10,000 9mm and 10,000 12 Gauge international trap (24 G @1325 FPS)loads a year

plus a few thousand 380 and some other stuff (45 ACP and 38 short colt)

Holy smokes! I'm going to venture a guess and say Dillon?

Your stupid little propaganda article shows nothing, Chicks on the Right, yea, that's funny. We need to change several laws to get to a place that works, such as, in addition to universal background checks, if you get on the terrorist watch list, and we clearly need to change it so that if you were on the terrorist watch list, even if you are taken off, you are flagged and can't buy a gun for 5 more years, unless you submit to a police or FBI investigation (give them due process).

It is only small mindedness and cowardice (fear of the NRA) that will not allow the republicans to come up with legislation to better protect american lives, than it protects home grown terrorists rights to acquire guns to kill our fellow citizens.
The video clip, if you bothered to watch it, shows an ABC reporter asking one of the proponents of the legislation if it would have done anything to prevent the shootings. The proponent very clearly admits...no...it wouldnt have. Which is why advocating for stupid laws is stupid.

"Universal background checks". Lord, I do love your dogged determination. Background checks were done. Background checks didnt stop anything. Lets pass laws to have MORE background checks which didnt stop anything. :lamo The only reason you want to double down on stupid is because it is all you have. And...well...thats a shame.

As for the terror watch list....THERE ya go. Now THATS something we can work with. Fix the ****ing thing. As it is, we KNOW the system is corrupt (The DOJs audits PROVE that it is corrupt). We know they have massive data fail rates. We know they are putting infants, old people, even Ted Kennedy was placed on the watch list. We know there ARE no controls over who is being placed on the watch list. So...fix the process. Vet those on the list. If someone is on the list that shouldnt be that person should be removed from the list. If you think that people that are erroneously placed on the list should have their Constitutional rights denied because of a mistake then you have zero credibility. The responsibility lies in the hands of the government, not the private citizen. BUT...where we would absolutely agree...if they are investigated and deemed worthy of being on the watch list, then ****ing WATCH them. Justify their placement on the list. Have legitimate criteria and by all means...deny them the right to own a firearm.
7 Ways That You (Yes, You) Could End Up On A Terrorist Watch List
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/nyregion/14watchlist.html

The HuPo is a pretty liberal rag...wouldnt you agree? The NYTimes is also very liberally slanted...wouldnt you agree? Toddlers are on the list. 4 year olds. 8 year olds. Thats a helluva list that you want to use to bar people their Constitutional rights. You want to see actual meaningful legislation? Start there. Fix your process.

Last edited:
Holy smokes! I'm going to venture a guess and say Dillon?

MEC Hydraulic 9000 with a 9000 manual backup

dillon 1050 in 9mm Dillon 1050 in 45, Dillon 550 in 38 SC and in 45 (have three, the third is set up for 40 IPSC Major loads) and a square deal for 380

the 1050 primer feed sucks (they know it) and I prime by hand so I can inspect each case. I takes about an hour to deprime and size 1200 or so 9mm, another hour to hand prime them (4 minutes a 100) and then another hour to load them. so I still am getting 400 an hour. I also use a case check size die as well on my competition rounds.

ah fascism at its brain dead best. You pretend its about saving lives and again what it really is is another left wing voter who doesn't like the politicians the NRA helps elect

A Divided Senate Rejects Gun Curbs, Despite Orlando Massacre | ABC NEWS

Just about as biased of an article title I've seen in recent history.

Who won, was the US Constitution, specifically Article V, as well as the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, and 14th Amendments - that's what was at stake folks, not guns. Who lost, were knee jerk reactions to oppress fundamental rights due to scary things happening.

think what the headline of that biased article said

every time there is a massacre, there should be more restrictions passed on honest gun owners.

Thanks for editing. Pet peeve of mine.

I put the link and quote from the article up quickly, and then went back to add my comments. That's what I do for Breaking News threads, so I can let the membership know what's happening as quickly as possible. I feel that getting the actual facts posted quickly is more important, and adding my comments, while still important to meet the rules requirements, is less important in the timing of the post. So, it wasn't an edit, as much as it was just the second step in my original post.

Back
Top Bottom