• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A different kind of pro-state church

C.A.C.

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I am danish and have several problems with the faiths in general, but oddly enough I find the idea of a state church a fine one. This is because it worked out really well for Denmark.

The church was state controlled, it was also limited by the social developments that came about as an effect of the changes in the state, and I think the US really missed out on a opportunity to have a church. that was shaped by the state and was supported by the state. While there is undoubtfully cultural difference between the protestant scandinavian model and the vast cultural melting pot of the US, it still give food for thought I find.

Anyone have an insight into the development of the early church enclaves all over the country, was such a move even possible?

I am danish and have several problems with the faiths in general, but oddly enough I find the idea of a state church a fine one. This is because it worked out really well for Denmark.

The church was state controlled, it was also limited by the social developments that came about as an effect of the changes in the state, and I think the US really missed out on a opportunity to have a church. that was shaped by the state and was supported by the state. While there is undoubtfully cultural difference between the protestant scandinavian model and the vast cultural melting pot of the US, it still give food for thought I find.

Anyone have an insight into the development of the early church enclaves all over the country, was such a move even possible?
England had a state controlled or influenced church. That is why the Founding Fathers wanted to keep both institutions separate. As the late, great George Carlin once said, "I'm completely in favor of the separation of church and state. THese two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."

This American poster needs to communicate this clearly, concisely and emphatically for our Danish colleague......
NO STATE CHURCH!
We are not interested in our govt picking among the country's theological winners and losers, and then crowning one with most favored status. It irretrievably will harm both our secular govt, and our multiple faiths.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom