• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Democrat-kille: ObamaCare is the key issue

Whovian

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Spin this, Democrats...

ObamaCare is killing Democrats--Jeffrey H. Anderson - NYPOST.com

The Democrats have lost independents. The latest Rasmussen generic congressional-ballot poll shows independents favoring Republicans over Democrats by (gulp) 17 percentage points. And Republicans are motivated, while Democrats aren't. According to American University researcher Curtis Gans, in this year's primaries, GOP turnout surpassed Democratic turnout for the first time since the Hoover administration -- and by a wide margin: 57 percent to 43 percent.

Based on the Real Clear Politics averages for those polls, Democrats who voted against ObamaCare are now ahead in 10 of 15 races (leading by an average of 5.5 percentage points) while Democrats who voted for ObamaCare lead in just 9 of 33 races (losing by an average of 2.5 points).

So even though more than twice as many pro-ObamaCare Democrats are running in these districts, more anti-ObamaCare Democrats are winning.

Moreover, a Democratic poll offered respondents the unusual chance to provide open-ended responses indicating why they disapprove of Obama's performance. Their freely chosen words were then tallied. "Economy" and "money" were among the key words frequently used, but the two most frequent -- used more than twice as often as any others -- were "health care."

Now the voters will get to make their priorities known to the Democrats who thought they could get away with openly defying their constituents' wishes.

Obamacare is an issue... for all the wrong reasons.

That is the problem. Misinformation is wrife, lack of information is wrife. It's all one big mess.

But whether for it, or against it. There are actually things in this bill that are a good idea.

I don't think it's a particarly shining example of good legislation, but hey, your own fault for setting up this absolutely dumb **** way of creating bills.

Spin a NY Post article?

I think that's already taken care of!

Obamacare is an issue... for all the wrong reasons.

That is the problem. Misinformation is wrife, lack of information is wrife. It's all one big mess.

But whether for it, or against it. There are actually things in this bill that are a good idea.

I don't think it's a particarly shining example of good legislation, but hey, your own fault for setting up this absolutely dumb **** way of creating bills.

And . . . which "way" is that?

Try spinning the facts presented by Rasmussen, Real Clear Politics and the Democratic Party itself.

I'm aware of the public perception of the healthcare bill. It's largely a result of the massive disinformation campaign that the right wing undertook. When the bill is explained in detail to people, a clear majority support it.

I'm aware of the public perception of the healthcare bill. It's largely a result of the massive disinformation campaign that the right wing undertook. When the bill is explained in detail to people, a clear majority support it.

Ah, yes. Only stupid and misinformed people oppose it. A typical tack.

Your comment does not address the question.

Please show me a credible, non-partisan source that shows a 'clear majority' of people support Obamacare.

Back
Top Bottom