• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A debunked conspiracy theory about US bio-weapons laboratories in Ukraine was seized on by Russian and Chinese media outlets

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A debunked conspiracy theory about US bio-weapons laboratories in Ukraine was seized on by Russian and Chinese media outlets

AAT31Mo.img

A debunked conspiracy theory touted by Infowars and Twitter conspiracy theorists about the US operating biological weapons laboratories in Ukraine has been seized on by Russian and Chinese news outlets.

On March 2, Foreign Policy reported on Twitter user WarClandestine's post in February that said: "It certainly appears Putin is targeting the cities and locations with #USBiolabs present. He is 100% going after the alleged bioweapons." In the same thread, WarClandestine outlined what they said was credible evidence that the US had bioweapons in Ukraine. The account — which has since been suspended — was run by an individual named Jacob, who appeared to be American and claimed to have served in the US military, per Foreign Policy. Following the tweet, the QAnon-linked Infowars platform published an article titled: "Russian Strikes Targeting US-Run Bio-Labs in Ukraine?" Citing information from various Twitter posts, the article claimed that US biological weapons laboratories "are believed to operate in many cities that were recently attacked by Russia."​

On February 26, the state-owned Russian news outlet Sputnik posted on Telegram what it claimed were "some of the documents on US biolabs in Ukraine. China's state-linked CGTN media channel also ran an article on Monday titled: "Russia reveals evidence of U.S.-funded bio-program in Ukraine." The following day, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said during a news conference that the laboratories in Ukraine contained a "large quantity of dangerous viruses."

Two fact-checking websites — Politifact and FactCheck.org — countered these claims, asserting that the US does not operate any biological weapons laboratories in Ukraine. Instead, the US collaborates with Ukraine under the Department of Defense's Biological Threat Reduction Program. Per the US Embassy in Ukraine's website, the program aims to "ensure Ukraine can detect and report outbreaks caused by dangerous pathogens before they pose security or stability threats."

So, it works like this. Some individual on Twitter says that the US has bio-weapon labs in Ukraine. Offers not a scintilla of evidence. This is then picked up by Infowars which has a larger audience. The Russian and Chinese intelligence services are monitoring the internet and come across the Infowars disinformation. Naturally, RT, Sputnik, and Weibo grab it and push this disinformation globally to offer a propaganda rationale on why Russia invaded Ukraine. (The Nazi rationale is not getting any traction globally)

AAT31Mo.img

So, it works like this. Some individual on Twitter says that the US has bio-weapon labs in Ukraine. Offers not a scintilla of evidence. This is then picked up by Infowars which has a larger audience. The Russian and Chinese intelligence services are monitoring the internet and come across the Infowars disinformation. Naturally, RT, Sputnik, and Weibo grab it and push this disinformation globally to offer a propaganda rationale on why Russia invaded Ukraine. (The Nazi rationale is not getting any traction globally)
It doesn't help that one of Biden's pukes tells Congress that there are, in fact, biological research facilities in Ukraine.

That's how they do it in the modern era. Make up stuff until something sticks, using digital distribution to speed up, and pinpoint what works.

You guys know you can do better than this! Think about the opportunity that's been handed to you. With this information you can now, with great confidence, say that Trump conspired with Zenensky to create bio-weapons thus threatening Russia and starting a war. You KNOW you have it in you to do this so get moving already! The midterms are at stake and with them the very fate of humanity itself!!!!

AAT31Mo.img

So we can thank the republican whack-jobs for providing excuses for Russia.

Again.

You guys know you can do better than this! Think about the opportunity that's been handed to you. With this information you can now, with great confidence, say that Trump conspired with Zenensky to create bio-weapons thus threatening Russia and starting a war. You KNOW you have it in you to do this so get moving already! The midterms are at stake and with them the very fate of humanity itself!!!!
We aren't the conspiracy whack-a-doos. That's you guys.

vs.

Your disinformation is as bad as INFOwars.
shrug...

The Russians say they have documents. They either do or they don't.

Regardless, the US IS concerned about biological research facilities.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how it all pans out.

In the meantime, I'll leave the wild, fearful speculation up to you and your ilk.

But tell me...are the Biden pukes engaged in "disinformation"? After all, it was one of them who talked about biological research facilities.

In the meantime, I'll leave the wild, fearful speculation up to you and your ilk.
Wrong. You chose to equate Biological research labs Biological weapons labs.

All on you Mycroft, you did it, I simply pointed out the absurdity of it.

But tell me...are the Biden pukes engaged in "disinformation"? After all, it was one of them who talked about biological research facilities.
"pukes", such a juvenile use of words.

It doesn't help that one of Biden's pukes tells Congress that there are, in fact, biological research facilities in Ukraine.

Most countries have labs that test for virus's etc.

Those are not "bio-weapon labs" as the Russians and Chinese are trying to push.

Most countries have labs that test for virus's etc.

Those are not "bio-weapon labs" as the Russians and Chinese are trying to push.
shrug...

Wait and see what documents they have.

On the other hand, the Russians might be pulling a "Schiffty".

Soon they will just start claiming Bill Gates created Covid in that Ukrainian lab and spread it globally with 5g.

vs.

Your disinformation is as bad as INFOwars.
Please explain what was disinformation about his post. Rubio asked the question, I saw it.

Please explain what was disinformation about his post. Rubio asked the question, I saw it.
Your posts are so unbelievably absurd.

Anyone can read the post, I quoted Mycroft. Here, let me hold your hand and show you how absurd your "question" is.

biological research facilities
vs.

US bio-weapons laboratories

How did Biological Research facilities, get changed to U.S. bio-weapons laboratories.
I was dumb enough to watch the Rubio stupid-question, and he stupidly asked if there was a bio or chemical attack, was she sure it would be Russia.
She said of course you ****ing moron, that's how Russia operates, by blaming the victim.

But here you are, scratching your head...perhaps making the Tucker stupid-scrunch face...but, but...please explain disinformation! I heard RUBIO! Turds away!!

Your posts are so stupid its hard to believe they are real.

Anyone can read the post, I quoted Mycroft. Here, let me hold your hand and show you how absurd your "question" is.

vs.

How did Biological Research facilities, get changed to U.S. bio-weapons laboratories.
I was dumb enough to watch the Rubio stupid-question, and he stupidly asked if there was a bio or chemical attack, was she sure it would be Russia.
She said of course you ****ing moron, that's how Russia operates, by blaming the victim.

But here you are, scratching your head...perhaps making the Tucker stupid-scrunch face...but, but...please explain disinformation! I heard RUBIO! Turds away!!
Your posts are so stupid is hard to believe they are real. He said the question was asked in a Senate hearing. You take that and say it's disinformation. And then compound your stupid point, but saying it's worse than Himmler or some bullshit.

Your posts are so stupid is hard to believe they are real. He said the question was asked in a Senate hearing. You take that and say it's disinformation. And then compound your stupid point, but saying it's worse than Himmler or some bullshit.
Even originality eludes you.

AAT31Mo.img

Not debunked at all. In fact, it was just confirmed.

Your posts are so unbelievably absurd.

vs.

I think you read Rubio all wrong on that one. He brought it up specifically to discredit the rumor. It is very clear, to me anyway.

AAT31Mo.img

Sadly we don't have as much defense as we'd like because we used a phony crock like that in the runup to Iraq...the infamous "babies in incubators" story and the debunked "weapons of mass destruction" tale.
But it doesn't change the fact that Russia's story is BS.

Back
Top Bottom