• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A day without Latinos

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Looks like the Republicans are stuck between alienating Latinos and a hard rock, I say let the situation remain as it stands because America can never afford to anger the large population of Hispanics and Mexicans in our country.

You think Iraq is bad? It's nothing compared to Mexico if we should ever enter hostilities or God forbid, a shooting war with Mexico.

We can afford to let the border situation remain the same, believe me, we can, we must!

PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- Thousands of people across the country protested Friday against legislation cracking down on illegal immigrants, with demonstrators in Phoenix, Los Angeles, California, and Atlanta, Georgia, staging school walkouts, marches and work stoppages.

Congress is considering bills that would make it a felony to be illegally in the United States, impose new penalties on employers who hire illegal immigrants and erect fences along one-third of the U.S.-Mexican border. The proposals have angered many Hispanics...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/24/immigration.protest.ap/index.html

Aren't you glad that your bland, dreary, baseball and apple pie McCulture is getting livened up with salsa music, spicy food and a bit of latin passion?

What's the problem? Let 'em in!!!

KidRocks said:
Looks like the Republicans are stuck between alienating Latinos and a hard rock, I say let the situation remain as it stands because America can never afford to anger the large population of Hispanics and Mexicans in our country.

You think Iraq is bad? It's nothing compared to Mexico if we should ever enter hostilities or God forbid, a shooting war with Mexico.

We can afford to let the border situation remain the same, believe me, we can, we must!

PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- Thousands of people across the country protested Friday against legislation cracking down on illegal immigrants, with demonstrators in Phoenix, Los Angeles, California, and Atlanta, Georgia, staging school walkouts, marches and work stoppages.

Congress is considering bills that would make it a felony to be illegally in the United States, impose new penalties on employers who hire illegal immigrants and erect fences along one-third of the U.S.-Mexican border. The proposals have angered many Hispanics...

The participants must have seen the movie "A Day Without A Mexican". It was hilarious, and also very educational.

Hey, I have an idea. Lets keep the border open on one condition - That our convicted felons get to cross the border into Mexico and live there. If its fair for Mexico, then it should be fair for the US too.

Seriously, I have no problem with people emigrating to America. My grandfather did, from Ireland, and married my grandmother, who was a member of the DAR. He and his brothers came here legally, though, and that is the point. I will always support immigration, but I will never support lawbreakers. Let those who do keep whining, but the present backlash against ILLEGAL immigration is long overdue. Let the wall go up, let the laws be enforced, and just like any other lawbreakers, throw them all in jail, and after they serve their sentences, deport them back where they came from.

Last edited:
Urethra Franklin said:
Aren't you glad that your bland, dreary, baseball and apple pie McCulture is getting livened up with salsa music, spicy food and a bit of latin passion?

What's the problem? Let 'em in!!!

What would we do without Mexican food? Without Taco bell?

Good Lord, without Mexicans and Co this country would be about as boring and bland as a black and white TV.

Imagine no Jessica Alba, no Jeninfer Lopez?

KidRocks said:
What would we do without Mexican food? Without Taco bell?

Good Lord, without Mexicans and Co this country would be about as boring and bland as a black and white TV.

Imagine no Jessica Alba, no Jeninfer Lopez?

Forget J-Lo.... It's all about Salma Hayek!! My God, she's a Goddess...

danarhea said:
The participants must have seen the movie "A Day Without A Mexican". It was hilarious, and also very educational.

Hey, I have an idea. Lets keep the border open on one condition - That our convicted felons get to cross the border into Mexico and live there. If its fair for Mexico, then it should be fair for the US too.

Seriously, I have no problem with people emigrating to America. My grandfather did, from Ireland, and married my grandmother, who was a member of the DAR. He and his brothers came here legally, though, and that is the point. I will always support immigration, but I will never support lawbreakers. Let those who do keep whining, but the present backlash against ILLEGAL immigration is long overdue. Let the wall go up, let the laws be enforced, and just like any other lawbreakers, throw them all in jail, and after they serve their sentences, deport them back where they came from.

"Let the wall go up"? I shudder to think of that possibility. If you don't let them get a piece of the ( American) pie, let them wet their beak sort to speak, than I forsee a horrible situation develop between our countries. Please, stop, and think of what you are wishing for.

We can take steps to alleviate the drain illegals may impact on our economy but we cannot afford a wall between our countries, we cannot afford to make felons out of most who only want to work.

I don't see where all this opposition to stopping illegal immigration is coming from. They sneak into our country and expect free healthcare and goverment hand outs all payed for by the US taxpayers. They practically spit in the faces of those who do immigrate here legally and who work hard to pay their dues to society. I have nothing against immigrants coming from Mexico or anywhere else but they should not be allowed to just sneak in like theives in the night.

A wall would be cheaper to build than paying for their healthcare.

KidRocks said:

I think such penalties should be in place.The rat vermin traitors who willfuly help people invade are country should face harsher penalties.

THose who are upset over these proposal can go screw themselves.Helping people invade our country should be a felony.

LogicalReason said:
I don't see where all this opposition to stopping illegal immigration is coming from. They sneak into our country and expect free healthcare and goverment hand outs all payed for by the US taxpayers. They practically spit in the faces of those who do immigrate here legally and who work hard to pay their dues to society. I have nothing against immigrants coming from Mexico or anywhere else but they should not be allowed to just sneak in like theives in the night.

A wall would be cheaper to build than paying for their healthcare.

Legal immigration should be encourage.Those who come here illegally and those who help them should be punished severely.

jamesrage said:
Legal immigration should be encourage.Those who come here illegally and those who help them should be punished severely.

Well then, fighting illegals is like fighting the war on drugs, it's futile and stupid because we are attacking the wrong target.

The target should be the source and the source here is the people who hire the illegals such as the factories, the people who hire them as cheap labor, cut of their source (jobs) and *voila* problem solved!

Just like the war on drugs, target the doctors, lawyers and professionals and you cut the source for most drug consumption in the US and again... *poof*, problem solved.

Because the profile of most drug consumers in America is... white, anglo-saxon, white collar workers. That's a fact, Jack!

KidRocks said:
Well then, fighting illegals is like fighting the war on drugs, it's futile and stupid because we are attacking the wrong target.

Most people with any brains would consider a couple million people sneaking across our borders illegally a invasion.If China bought Mexico they would have a perfect staging area for an invasion.No war is stupid if it is done right.Severely punishing companies who hire illegal aliens,severely punishing individuals and groups who help illegal aliens and building a heavily armed wall is the smart way to fight the war on illegal aliens.

The target should be the source and the source here is the people who hire the illegals such as the factories, the people who hire them as cheap labor, cut of their source (jobs) and *voila* problem solved!

The target here is the companies who hire illegal aliens and the individals/group/businesses who help illegal aliens.Severe punishments will eliminate part of the problem.Discouraging illegal immigration is only part of the fight.

Just like the war on drugs, target the doctors, lawyers and professionals and you cut the source for most drug consumption in the US and again... *poof*, problem solved.

If we had better border sercurty and a heavily armed wall(screw a fence) we could eliminate most of the imported illegal drugs and only have to worry about the home grown/made illegal drugs. Controlling the border is the other half of fighting the illegal drug and illegal alien war the smart way.Discouraging illegal drug use is also a smart way of fighting the war on drugs,illegal drugs are glorified in films and music.Severely punishing people/groups/businesses and who help illegal aliens and companies who hire illegal aliens is the other half of the fighting war on illegal aliens the smart way.

Because the profile of most drug consumers in America is... white, anglo-saxon, white collar workers. That's a fact, Jack!

Thats because whites are the majority.Any majority is going to be the major consumer.

KidRocks said:
"Let the wall go up"? I shudder to think of that possibility. If you don't let them get a piece of the ( American) pie, let them wet their beak sort to speak, than I forsee a horrible situation develop between our countries. Please, stop, and think of what you are wishing for.

We can take steps to alleviate the drain illegals may impact on our economy but we cannot afford a wall between our countries, we cannot afford to make felons out of most who only want to work.

You'd have to trick the Latinos into building one side of the wall; first on the American side; then trick them all to go over the wall to check it out on the Mexican side before you close the borders.

Who else is going to build it these days? ;)

hipsterdufus said:
Who else is going to build it these days? ;)

I have no problem doing manual labor.

I have no problem with a wall, and here's why. Most libertarians have no issue with immigrants, but I do. I think it is a form of tresspassing. Now, I am opposed to any quotas of any kind, but I think we need a wall and the Minuteman patrol.

Axismaster said:
I have no problem with a wall, and here's why. Most libertarians have no issue with immigrants, but I do. I think it is a form of tresspassing. Now, I am opposed to any quotas of any kind, but I think we need a wall and the Minuteman patrol.

Lets correct the word game. Most of us have no problem with immigrants at all. We DO have a problem with illegal aliens. Build the wall, make it a crime to sell them a house, rent them a house, anything.
If you don't take away all the reasons they illegally come here, then we won't stop it. I would have no problem letting those here stay, but only if they registered, and the border was sealed first. Otherwise, you are merely setting ourselves up for the same thing in a few more years...

Blue Collar Joe said:
Lets correct the word game. Most of us have no problem with immigrants at all. We DO have a problem with illegal aliens. Build the wall, make it a crime to sell them a house, rent them a house, anything.
If you don't take away all the reasons they illegally come here, then we won't stop it. I would have no problem letting those here stay, but only if they registered, and the border was sealed first. Otherwise, you are merely setting ourselves up for the same thing in a few more years...

That makes perfect sensenespecailly the part about banning business with illegal aliens in order to discouraging illegal aliens.

I just want to go on the record and say that not all liberals are pro-open borders. I'm a liberal and I really really hate illegal immigrants. I'm originally from Arizona and my god, its rediculous. Public signs are starting to be only writin in spanish now. Its getting stupid.

So, to clarify, PLENTY of liberals want to see ALL illegal immigrants booted right back to mexico. GO MINUTE MEN PROJECT GO!!!

mnpollock said:
I just want to go on the record and say that not all liberals are pro-open borders. I'm a liberal and I really really hate illegal immigrants. I'm originally from Arizona and my god, its rediculous. Public signs are starting to be only writin in spanish now. Its getting stupid.

So, to clarify, PLENTY of liberals want to see ALL illegal immigrants booted right back to mexico. GO MINUTE MEN PROJECT GO!!!

I realize this is one of the few issues that is not confined to only one group.

So who all thinks the proposed legislation is going to pass?

Walls dont last...the Berlin wall didnt last the great wall of china didnt last - It's all an illusion. I dont know many Americans who dont benefit from mexicans taking these "precious" jobs....how many americans do you know sell oranges and cut grass for a living? I dont see any of my american friends craving to be house keepers at the holiday inns...so....I dont understand the problem with mexicans doing jobs that most americans dont want to do anyways.

Davo said:
. I dont know many Americans who dont benefit from mexicans taking these "precious" jobs....how many americans do you know sell oranges and cut grass for a living? I dont see any of my american friends craving to be house keepers at the holiday inns...so....I dont understand the problem with mexicans doing jobs that most americans dont want to do anyways.

That is one of the most horseshit arguments I have ever heard.Americans will do these jobs if they were paid more to do them.If a company for some reason can find emploiyees and or they need to up the pay go to the homeless shelters, housing projects,soup kitchen to recruit people.I did at one time cut grass for a living.
Walls dont last...the Berlin wall didnt last the great wall of china didnt last - It's all an illusion

The Berlin wall was torn down with the fall of the soviet union and the Great wall of China is still up and has been up for centuries..

Last edited:
That is one of the most horseshit arguments I have ever heard.Americans will do these jobs if they were paid more to do them.If a company for some reason can find emploiyees and or they need to up the pay go to the homeless shelters, housing projects,soup kitchen to recruit people.I did at one time cut grass for a living.

I'm sure you'd stand in some street corner all day and sell oranges for minimum wage(If you expect more you're foolish).

The Berlin wall was torn down with the fall of the soviet union and the Great wall of China is still up and has been up for centuries..

Thus the reason I said the Berlin wall didnt last.

The Great Wall of China :

The Great Wall of China (Simplified Chinese: 万里长城; Traditional Chinese: 萬里長城; Hanyu Pinyin: Wànlĭ Chángchéng; literally "10,000 Li¹ long wall") is a Chinese fortification built from the end of the 14th century until the beginning of the 17th century, during the Ming Dynasty, in order to protect the Ming Empire from raids by Mongol, Turkic, and other nomadic tribes coming from areas in modern-day Mongolia and Manchuria. It was preceded by several walls built since the 3rd century BC, the most famous being the (now destroyed) Great Wall built between 220 BC and 200 BC by the First Emperor, Qin Shi Huangdi, which was located much further north than the current Great Wall of China built during the Ming Dynasty.

Our gov't is finallly actually doing its job and starting to protect this country with new laws from the blood sucking illegals that are leeching this country dry from remittance, schools, and stealing from our social services.

Republicans don't need latinos, but are torn from white collar republicans and big business republicans.

Georgia couldn't wait for Congress to move it's *** and fix the immigration issue, so it passed the Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act.

KidRocks said:

You're making the faulty assumption that all latinos support illegal immigration.

It's actually almost evenly split.

Synch said:
Our gov't is finallly actually doing its job and starting to protect this country with new laws from the blood sucking illegals that are leeching this country dry from remittance, schools, and stealing from our social services.

Republicans don't need latinos, but are torn from white collar republicans and big business republicans.

Georgia couldn't wait for Congress to move it's *** and fix the immigration issue, so it passed the Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act.

I find it amusing how illegal aliens activist call themselves immigration rights activist.

http://www.indybay.org/immigrant/

RightatNYU said:
You're making the faulty assumption that all latinos support illegal immigration.

It's actually almost evenly split.

You are proably right.Although I would proably say that more latinos oppose illegal immigration.

Back
Top Bottom