• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A cure to all religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hi,

Let's just for the sake of argument go pass the issue of whether "religion is evil" or not and just assume that it is so for this thread. Based on that "assumption" then: What would the cure from religion be?

I mean people go there in weekly basis and get indoctrinated on how to view life the religious way. For this "service" they are payed in tax exempt forms (i.e., charity). Further they sometimes grow strong enough to influence enough people to achieve nation wide political goals at promoting themselves.

These goals may not match the goals of the government and may be in conflict with them (e.g., "religion in schools" demands which are non-constitutional). If more masses get influence in mandatory weekly religious "lectures" of dogma, they may get their ways!

So what is the cure from religion? How to stop this build up?

You seem to have a very narrow view of the purpose for religion, so I don't take your question with the utmost of serious consideration.

I think if religion were evil, it would cure itself. Read the Chinese philosopher Hsuin Tzu for elaboration.

In the meantime, if you want to know how to extirpate religion from the planet, that's easy: kill all living things on earth. Or at least, kill all multi-celled organisms. Bacteria and algae probably don't have religion, at least in any recognizable form. It's questionable whether other animals do. If you think only humans have religion, then just kill all the humans. Aside from that kind of solution, I think "curing" religion is probably a pipe-dream.

Hi,

Let's just for the sake of argument go pass the issue of whether "religion is evil" or not and just assume that it is so for this thread. Based on that "assumption" then: What would the cure from religion be?

I mean people go there in weekly basis and get indoctrinated on how to view life the religious way. For this "service" they are payed in tax exempt forms (i.e., charity). Further they sometimes grow strong enough to influence enough people to achieve nation wide political goals at promoting themselves.

These goals may not match the goals of the government and may be in conflict with them (e.g., "religion in schools" demands which are non-constitutional). If more masses get influence in mandatory weekly religious "lectures" of dogma, they may get their ways!

So what is the cure from religion? How to stop this build up?

Moderator's Warning:
The Religion forum is specifically for the civil discussion of theistic issues. Religion-bashing and God-bashing are specifically banned from same. Beginning from the point of view that religion is evil and needs to be cured is defined as Trolling in this forum.... you should have taken this one to Philosophy, where such threads are permitted. Closing thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom