• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A crisis’: The US tampon shortage,

soylentgreen

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

What are American women supposed to do?

Tampax arrived on shelves in the mid-1930s—and was one of the great game-changers in 20th-century periods. “For many people, there was a lot of discomfort with the idea of women touching themselves in any way in their vaginal or labia area, especially young girls,” says Sharra Vostral, the author of Under Wraps: A History of Menstrual Hygiene Technology. “A lot of people argued that [tampon use] was not only inappropriate because it might break the hymen, but it might be also pleasurable and might be a way for girls to experience orgasmic pleasure.” Tampax’s telescoping applicator made it possible to insert a tampon without the dreaded self-touching—though it didn’t do much to assuage fears of accidental virginity loss, which, despite evidence that the hymen doesn’t necessarily break as a result of sex or tampon use, still persist in some parts of the world today.

Fortunately, American women still have choices:

There are differing accounts of the whens, wheres, and hows of the earliest tampon-like devices. Women in ancient Rome, it’s been said, fashioned their own tampons out of wool; Indonesian women are believed to have used vegetable fibers to staunch menstrual flow, while rolls of grass are said to have been used in parts of Africa. According to Nancy Friedman’s 1981 book Everything You Must Know About Tampons, Hawaiian women undertook the (presumably itchy) endeavor of using “the furry part of a native fern,” and ancient Japanese women, according to Qualifying Times: Points of Change in U.S. Women's Sport author Jaime Schultz, made tampons from paper, secured them with bandages, and changed these dressings between 10 and 12 times every day.

MAGA.

What are American women supposed to do?

Tampax arrived on shelves in the mid-1930s—and was one of the great game-changers in 20th-century periods. “For many people, there was a lot of discomfort with the idea of women touching themselves in any way in their vaginal or labia area, especially young girls,” says Sharra Vostral, the author of Under Wraps: A History of Menstrual Hygiene Technology. “A lot of people argued that [tampon use] was not only inappropriate because it might break the hymen, but it might be also pleasurable and might be a way for girls to experience orgasmic pleasure.” Tampax’s telescoping applicator made it possible to insert a tampon without the dreaded self-touching—though it didn’t do much to assuage fears of accidental virginity loss, which, despite evidence that the hymen doesn’t necessarily break as a result of sex or tampon use, still persist in some parts of the world today.

Fortunately, American women still have choices:

There are differing accounts of the whens, wheres, and hows of the earliest tampon-like devices. Women in ancient Rome, it’s been said, fashioned their own tampons out of wool; Indonesian women are believed to have used vegetable fibers to staunch menstrual flow, while rolls of grass are said to have been used in parts of Africa. According to Nancy Friedman’s 1981 book Everything You Must Know About Tampons, Hawaiian women undertook the (presumably itchy) endeavor of using “the furry part of a native fern,” and ancient Japanese women, according to Qualifying Times: Points of Change in U.S. Women's Sport author Jaime Schultz, made tampons from paper, secured them with bandages, and changed these dressings between 10 and 12 times every day.

MAGA.

I am sure women will be glad to hear they get to go back to roman days while the rest of the world progresses on.

They are going to stop selling women shoes in america soon just so they can be barefoot when pregnant.

Maybe they could take some from the boys bathrooms in Oregon schools

I am sure women will be glad to hear they get to go back to roman days while the rest of the world progresses on.

They are going to stop selling women shoes in america soon just so they can be barefoot when pregnant.
We might consider laws restricting the selling of shoes to women and outlawing the use of condoms to ensure their pregnancy, but we just got our MAGA majority on the Supreme Court, so I suggest you bide your time.

Good things, like killing abortion, come to those with patience.

MAGA.

We might consider laws restricting the selling of shoes to women and outlawing the use of condoms, but we just got our MAGA majority on the Supreme Court, so I suggest you bide your time.

Good things, like killing abortion, come to those with patience.

MAGA.
How unfortunate for you that it is so obvious how corrupt your country is. Ruled by nine people. maga is nothing more than euphemism for sheeple.

How unfortunate for you that it is so obvious how corrupt your country is. Ruled by nine people. maga is nothing more than euphemism for sheeple.
Ruled by five people. Five MAGA people, and it is far from unfortunate.

Trump is our shepherd!

MAGA.

giphy.gif

That was good.

I've simply ordered my preferred brand online if I haven't been able to find them in my local stores.

Don't give them any ideas.

Ruled by five people. Five MAGA people, and it is far from unfortunate.

Trump is our shepherd!

MAGA.
The Lord is the only shepherd, blasphemer.

Back
Top Bottom