• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A court in Japan says the ban on same-sex marriage is constitutional

Bear5131

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Finally a civilized country

A court in Japan says the ban on same-sex marriage is constitutional​

A Japanese court dealt a blow to LGBTQ rights when it upheld a ban on same-sex marriage. Japan is only member of the Group of Seven major industrial nations that does not recognize same-sex unions.

*snip*

ANTHONY KUHN, BYLINE: A district court in Osaka dismissed a lawsuit brought by three same-sex couples. They claim that by not allowing them to marry, Japan's system discriminates against them, and that violates the constitution. The court argued that the constitution only guarantees the rights of heterosexual couples. Plaintiff Yuki Kawada told reporters he's not satisfied.

A Japanese court dealt a blow to LGBTQ rights when it upheld a ban on same-sex marriage. Japan is only member of the Group of Seven major industrial nations that does not recognize same-sex unions.

*snip*

ANTHONY KUHN, BYLINE: A district court in Osaka dismissed a lawsuit brought by three same-sex couples. They claim that by not allowing them to marry, Japan's system discriminates against them, and that violates the constitution. The court argued that the constitution only guarantees the rights of heterosexual couples. Plaintiff Yuki Kawada told reporters he's not satisfied.

**** those queers, right?

Marriage is whatever the legal code of the country you live in says it is. If you don't like it vote them out or move to another country.

Marriage is whatever the legal code of the country you live in says it is. If you don't like it vote them out or move to another country.
Government has no business in marriage and I thought the USA had a separation of church and state?

Government has no business in marriage and I thought the USA had a separation of church and state?

Government has loads of business in mariage.
The act of mariage conveys loads of tax and other benefits decided on by the government and has done for generations.
Gay people simply want the same and nothing more.

They all wear masks. Not sure if those who applaud this ruling agree with that part of being a civilized country. I could be wrong.

Well then have a happy marriage the government can't stop you. But when it comes to legal issues like benefits, child custody, inheritance and the like the government is going to have its say so.

People like you would see us taken back to 1900s social norms. Imagine, an entire country using its resources and time just to make sure that gay people can’t get married. If the state didn’t involve itself and just respected personal freedom they wouldn’t do this.

But people like you actually hate freedom.

Are you suggesting we repeal all the advantages government offers married couples?

Are you suggesting we repeal all the advantages government offers married couples?
Yup and I am also making a point, what happened to separation of church and state?

People like you would see us taken back to 1900s social norms. Imagine, an entire country using its resources and time just to make sure that gay people can’t get married. If the state didn’t involve itself and just respected personal freedom they wouldn’t do this.

But people like you actually hate freedom.

Once again I point out California took a vote and said NO to gay marriage

*snip*

So move to Japan, leave Americans their rights and freedoms.

So move to Japan, leave Americans their rights and freedoms.
We thought the Supreme Court took away the rights for abortion for guys?

Yup and I am also making a point, what happened to separation of church and state?
Marriage from a legal standpoint has nothing to do with religion. It is state sanctioned. What a church calls marriage is something entirely different and unrelated. A church can recognize or not any marriage they want.

It really helps before you comment on a topic to have some clue what you are talking about.

If government has no business in marriage they should stop recognize marriage as a civil status.

*snip*

How does it hurt you to let gays marry?

Marriage from a legal standpoint has nothing to do with religion. It is state sanctioned. What a church calls marriage is something entirely different and unrelated. A church can recognize or not any marriage they want.

It really helps before you comment on a topic to have some clue what you are talking about.
It really helps , when you quote me that you know what your talking about, marriage is a religious tradition that the government got involved in and has no bussiness being in. The gays wanted to go in your face ( like normal) to religion.and hurt as many people as possible by using the constitution as a weapon and not let democracy decide

It really helps , when you quote me that you know what your talking about, marriage is a religious tradition that the government got involved in and has no bussiness being in. The gays wanted to go in your face ( like normal) to religion.and hurt as many people as possible by using the constitution as a weapon and not let democracy decide
So you do not feel marriage should involve taxes, inheritance, power of attorney, nor any other governmental benefit?

Marriage is a legal contract. Government has no business interfering with it?

Back
Top Bottom