• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Corrupted And Forever Damaged Judiciary That Has No Credibility

Missing from his argument was the reason they had to change the filibuster rules, total partisan obstruction on a massive scale by the right wing. But Harry did keep it for SCOTUS picks. Mitch got rid of that as soon as he could.

How was that missing?

How was that missing?

Did I miss a comment explaining why Harry got rid of the filibuster for the lower courts and kept it for the Supremes? Did I miss a comment about Mitch not replacing Scalia because he decided a President in his last year did not have the right to replace a judge? Did I miss the comment that explained how blue slips were eliminated by Mitch? Or that he got rid of the filibuster altogether?

Did I miss a comment explaining why Harry got rid of the filibuster for the lower courts and kept it for the Supremes?

Obviously - partisanship.

Did I miss a comment about Mitch not replacing Scalia because he decided a President in his last year did not have the right to replace a judge? Did I miss the comment that explained how blue slips were eliminated by Mitch? Or that he got rid of the filibuster altogether?

I didn't specifically comment on them, but yes partisanship. Seems you are agreeing with me that partisanship during the Obama administration was at least as bad as it has been in the past three years.

Obviously - partisanship.

I didn't specifically comment on them, but yes partisanship. Seems you are agreeing with me that partisanship during the Obama administration was at least as bad as it has been in the past three years.

If you mean partisanship on the right was extreme then and now, I agree completely. If you are trying to equate Obama with right wing partisanship then we disagree. Obama's biggest fault was that he believed in our better angels and that Republicans could be counted on to act in a spirit of bi-partisanship. He was wrong and naive.

Repuglicans have destroyed our country from the inside out and we're never going to get this democracy which so many men have died for -- back again. This country is lost and it's all their fault.

This country isn't a democracy, thank God

If you mean partisanship on the right was extreme then and now, I agree completely. If you are trying to equate Obama with right wing partisanship then we disagree. Obama's biggest fault was that he believed in our better angels and that Republicans could be counted on to act in a spirit of bi-partisanship. He was wrong and naive.

Sorry for causing your knee to jerk, but I never said anything about Obama. I was referencing a time period, "during the Obama administration" Calm down.

Sorry for causing your knee to jerk, but I never said anything about Obama. I was referencing a time period, "during the Obama administration" Calm down.

I am very calm and multi-tasking right now. If you did not intend to include Obama in a reference to the Obama administration then why include him in it?

I am very calm and multi-tasking right now. If you did not intend to include Obama in a reference to the Obama administration then why include him in it?

If the mention of his name truly bothers you that much, how about "during the administration that preceded the current administration" Better?

Your statement is goofy. The Dems moved to center right so the GOP moved even further right. Your okey dokey millennial croakey don't-understand-nothing nonsense is just nonsense.
Yes yes, and communism is actually right wing and libertarianism is slavery, blah blah blah..

Nice attempt at trolling.

Pew Research Center Study Shows That Democrats Have Shifted To The Extreme Left | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

Trump is failing for the exact same reason, but the vitriol reserved for him is the kind of spite I would never expect from those that identify themselves as "inclusive" and "tolerant". Of course it's clear now that those are just buzz words that mean nothing.

I wish partisanship existed on the right, it's ridiculous how the right is so eager to please they throw their own under the bus, while the left protects rapists and murderers and gives no second thought to it, as long as their agenda advances. Unless the right starts playing by those rules, they will forever fail, and so will the US.

Got any examples that are close to what has happened over the last three years compared to any other party? I'll wait.
I don't even know what you're asking for.

Repuglicans have destroyed our country from the inside out and we're never going to get this democracy which so many men have died for -- back again. This country is lost and it's all their fault.

You are so full of it.

You are pissed off because Flynn is going to walk.

Any normal government employee under investigation would still be sitting in a prison cell if they had done with what Hillary got away with........................wiped hard drives, and smashed cell phones.

Your are so dishonest it isn't even funny anymore.......................Sad actually.

I imagine your head will totally explode when Durham finishes up.

I think the partisanship during the Obama administration that eventually led to Harry Reid abolishing the filibuster for nominees was at least as partisan.

Unfortunately, I don't much stock int he ABA ratings anymore. They've become a bit too political

I disagree with your recollection. The filibuster was killed because R's wouldn't approve any of President Obama's nominees. You think the ABA calls this guy unqualified because he's a conservative?
Judge Justin Walker, Deemed 'Not Qualified' by ABA, Is Trump's Pick for DC Circuit | National Law Journal

This country isn't a democracy, thank God

It most certainly is at the state and local level. However due to an artifact of slavery, we endure with an outdated system that gives small unpopulated states far more power then they deserve. One day it will change or the nation will not survive the demographic concentrations and the lack of power those people have to determine their own destiny. We are on the verge of it right now.

Yes yes, and communism is actually right wing and libertarianism is slavery, blah blah blah..

Pew Research Center Study Shows That Democrats Have Shifted To The Extreme Left | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

Trump is failing for the exact same reason, but the vitriol reserved for him is the kind of spite I would never expect from those that identify themselves as "inclusive" and "tolerant". Of course it's clear now that those are just buzz words that mean nothing.

I wish partisanship existed on the right, it's ridiculous how the right is so eager to please they throw their own under the bus, while the left protects rapists and murderers and gives no second thought to it, as long as their agenda advances. Unless the right starts playing by those rules, they will forever fail, and so will the US.

It astounds me that anyone could believe this stuff. Unfortunately, too many of us are fed this tripe on a daily basis by Fox News and right wing media. So because we are tolerant of gay people we are supposed to be tolerant of Trump's hideous behavior? Does tolerance mean tolerate anything in your book of morals? My lord.

It most certainly is at the state and local level. However due to an artifact of slavery, we endure with an outdated system that gives small unpopulated states far more power then they deserve. One day it will change or the nation will not survive the demographic concentrations and the lack of power those people have to determine their own destiny. We are on the verge of it right now.

State and local also elect representatives, the US is more properly called a Constitutional Democracy with elements of both a Republic and a Democracy.

State and local also elect representatives, the US is more properly called a Constitutional Democracy with elements of both a Republic and a Democracy.

Yes. We all know that and its failing all of us right now. Sorry but I cannot stand a system that gives one person from North Dakota the same power as someone at the same rank that represents California, Texas or New York.

You are competing for the dumbest post, right?

On the one hand, you are right. America is steadily and always moving more and more progressively. On the other hand, it is impossible not to notice the chaos that has now been created in public administration for at least 10 years. The reason for this chaos is the populism of the Democratic and Republican parties, and their dependence on voters. While 90% of voters are not competent in the choice of politicians and in public administration. Hence, the United States is increasingly absorbing the political chaos created by the incompetent choice of politicians, presidents, their populism and party populism. What do you think should be the way out of this situation? And is there any way out? Do you not notice anything of this, and are happy with everything? By the way, who did you vote for, for Trump, or against him?

And yet, is there really no person in the entire Republican party who would approve and implement all those ideas that Trump is pursuing, but would be an honest and competent person?

The idea of an honest politician is illusory and ephemeral.
You saw Jimmy Stewart in "Mr Smith Goes to Washington", right?
Things are getting more progressive. But Trump is still a populist president.
Is that a bad thing or a good thing for this country - aside from saying Trump is an a$$hole at times?

I did not vote for Trump or the Wicked Witch.

If we took money out of the election process, limited it to a very short time period, gave free air time to candidates and allowed voting to be universal and election day to be a holiday, we just might attract better people to office. Until then, expect to get power mad folks of all abilities. The real surprise is that some of them are actually very good public servants.

Being power mad is a debatable characteristic. Good politicians want power because of what they believe they can do for the country. Is Trump trying to do good for the country despite being power hungry? How would we know?
The country was doing well before the pandemic. Now we see if he is a good leader with the power he can wield.

Yes. We all know that and its failing all of us right now. Sorry but I cannot stand a system that gives one person from North Dakota the same power as someone at the same rank that represents California, Texas or New York.

That's why each state has two senators. And that is why states have U.S. representatives based on population.
It evens itself out.
Should N Dakota not have a U.S. Senator at all? SHould CA have more than any other state??

I think the partisanship during the Obama administration that eventually led to Harry Reid abolishing the filibuster for nominees was at least as partisan.

Unfortunately, I don't much stock int he ABA ratings anymore. They've become a bit too political

He had to do that because of mcconnel. Filibustering is a waste anyway, bring all bills to a vote.

That's why each state has two senators. And that is why states have U.S. representatives based on population.
It evens itself out.
Should N Dakota not have a U.S. Senator at all? SHould CA have more than any other state??

I say get rid of the Senate itself. Won't happen but that is what I prefer. Expand the number of house seats and do away with the concept of a state having any special status. Make it a democracy.

Back
Top Bottom