• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A cop decided to sneak a peek and see what Whitney Houston had going on down there

Smeagol

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
[The officer] "knelt beside and leaned over the decedent, removed the sheet and/or other covering from the body of the decedent to an area below the pubic region of the decedent's body and came in close proximity to touching the body of the decedent while making inappropriate comments to the effect and substance that the decedent 'looked attractive for a woman of her age and current state' and 'Damn, she's still looking good, huh?'"

Cop: Detective gawked at Whitney Houston's naked corpse - CNN.com

As disrespectful and inexcusable this was, I'm honestly not surprised. Men can be real dogs sometimes, to use an already overused cliche. I don't think he was thinking of her lifeless corpse in a sexual way exactly, but probably was satisfying an inappropriate curiosity of a hugely popular celebrity he probably had a crush on as a kid. One thing I've noticed about human nature, people tend to do wrong deeds up to what they know (or think) they can get away with.

Re: A cop decided to sneak a peek and see what Whitney Houston had going on down ther

A detective looking at the corpse located at the potential crime scene he was called to--what is this world coming to that investigators do a cursory investigation?

Re: A cop decided to sneak a peek and see what Whitney Houston had going on down ther

[The officer] "knelt beside and leaned over the decedent, removed the sheet and/or other covering from the body of the decedent to an area below the pubic region of the decedent's body and came in close proximity to touching the body of the decedent while making inappropriate comments to the effect and substance that the decedent 'looked attractive for a woman of her age and current state' and 'Damn, she's still looking good, huh?'"

My only problem is that he was incautious and inconsiderate enough to have it heard by a civilian.

As disrespectful and inexcusable this was, I'm honestly not surprised. Men can be real dogs sometimes, to use an already overused cliche. I don't think he was thinking of her lifeless corpse in a sexual way exactly, but probably was satisfying an inappropriate curiosity of a hugely popular celebrity he probably had a crush on as a kid. One thing I've noticed about human nature, people tend to do wrong deeds up to what they know (or think) they can get away with.
This is how cops cope after a while and is not what a typical man would say.
They have two choices in their job, feel gut-wrenching empathy for each tragedy they see or build up a wall thick and isolating.

Imagine the shell you have to develop to compliment a corpse rather than say EEWWW, A DEAD BODY.

I kind of equate it to black men using the N word. The uniniated just don't get it.

After reading the article this guy sounds like a jerk. But his saying what he did doesn't offend me, but the rest of what he did does.

A detective looking at the corpse located at the potential crime scene he was called to--what is this world coming to that investigators do a cursory investigation?

Not sure if its that simple. The article seemed to say this wasn't the type of investigation this detective usually handles. "It said that Nutall -- who was assigned to investigate fraud, forgery and auto burglaries..." Cop: Detective gawked at Whitney Houston's naked corpse - CNN.com A complaint was made and then the whistle blowing officer began to be punished. Plus, the report says he didn't examine her whole body, just her pelvic area up close.

This is how cops cope after a while and is not what a typical man would say.
They have two choices in their job, feel gut-wrenching empathy for each tragedy they see or build up a wall thick and isolating.

Imagine the shell you have to develop to compliment a corpse rather than say EEWWW, A DEAD BODY.

I kind of equate it to black men using the N word. The uniniated just don't get it.

I knew a guy who ironically is now deceased who worked at the coroners office. He privately told me the stuff they would do with people's body's and it was shocking; playing catch with organs, etc. I figured it was their way of coping with a very gruesome job.

*high fives*

Not sure if its that simple. The article seemed to say this wasn't the type of investigation this detective usually handles. "It said that Nutall -- who was assigned to investigate fraud, forgery and auto burglaries..." Cop: Detective gawked at Whitney Houston's naked corpse - CNN.com A complaint was made and then the whistle blowing officer began to be punished. Plus, the report says he didn't examine her whole body, just her pelvic area up close.

Well the police department statement in the link seems to indicate yes it is that simple.

Well the police department statement in the link seems to indicate yes it is that simple.

That statement sounds to like like an initial cya position while an internal investigation is pursued. According the whistle blower a high profile celebrity passed away apparently due to accidental drowning. Other officers and emergency medical personnel have already arrived and by all indications so much time had passed that much earlier they exhausted all efforts to recicitate her and covered her body from head to toe possibly awaiting transport to the corornor's office. Apparently much later this officer arrived who's specialty is fraud and property crimes. He walks up the body, removes the covering specifically over her pelvic area, gets a close up look at just at the high profile celebrity's vagina and comments on how good it looks, another officer reported it as inappropriate and you honestly think that's standard police investigation work?

That statement sounds to like like an initial cya position while an internal investigation is pursued. According the whistle blower a high profile celebrity passed away apparently due to accidental drowning. Other officers and emergency medical personnel have already arrived and by all indications so much time had passed that much earlier they exhausted all efforts to recicitate her and covered her body from head to toe possibly awaiting transport to the corornor's office. Apparently much later this officer arrived who's specialty is fraud and property crimes. He walks up the body, removes the covering specifically over her pelvic area, gets a close up look at just at the high profile celebrity's vagina and comments on how good it looks, another officer reported it as inappropriate and you honestly think that's standard police investigation work?

I honestly believe that you are making some great big assumptions since nothing in the article indicates that he was commenting specifically on her vagina or that he had uncovered just that part, or made a close up look at her vagina and the "whistle blower" was so offended he filed zero reports about it until it came up as he tries to use it to his own advantage in his own labor dispute.

I honestly believe that you are making some great big assumptions since nothing in the article indicates that he was commenting specifically on her vagina or that he had uncovered just that part, or made a close up look at her vagina and the "whistle blower" was so offended he filed zero reports about it until it came up as he tries to use it to his own advantage in his own labor dispute.

Maybe you're right and I'm reading it wrong but I understand it to say it was because he made the report he started getting hostile treatment. I guess once the investigation is finshed we'll get a clearer picture.

That's pretty messed up. The guy sounds like a total creep.

On the other hand, however; I can't help but question whether "whistle blowing" was even really called for here. "Creepy" or no, the detective's actions didn't harm anyone, and they didn't break any laws. He can't really even be said to have violated anyone's rights, as the woman in question was already dead.

Frankly, I fail to see any really reason why this should need to be something discussed in the mainstream media at all. Let the department handle things and leave it at that. :shrug:

It honestly sounds like some busy body with a grudge just wanted to get his name in the papers more than anything else. It's not like media frenzy and public outrage are going to contribute anything productive here, after all. It'll probably prove to be quite the opposite, as a matter of fact.

Wow, we have an entire thread dedicated to debating about a guy who took a peek at Whitney Houston's snatch.

monkeysmoke3cpgf2.jpg

Quite. Have you also noticed that such lapses in conduct are always highlighted as being gender specific? lulz

I know for a fact that female nurses are wont to check out what's downstairs, as a patient is prepped for surgery or post-op.

One thing I've noticed about human nature, people tend to do wrong deeds up to what they know (or think) they can get away with.
One thing I've noticed is that overly simplistic appraisals of human psychology, are apt to be misconstrued as 'nature'.

Women can be sluts and gold diggers and good liars who masquerade behind the idea of being self sufficient and autonomous. See smeagol, I can generalise too.

What this cop did is not a reflection of all or even some men. Perverts are a class of their own

If he wanted to see Whitney Houston's snatch, all he had to do was get a couple rocks and a pipe.

Back
Top Bottom