• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A Continued Discussion Concerning God and the Big Bang.

My thoughts are:

God created the big bang (matter and anti-matter) which triggered the evolution of the world.

The bible is a collection of stories of morality and ethics and is not meant to be taken in literal context, especially in the topics of time and space. The stories of time, creation, and many epic moments in the bible were written by man from stories passed down through generations.

Gibberish said:
My thoughts are:

God created the big bang (matter and anti-matter) which triggered the evolution of the world.

The bible is a collection of stories of morality and ethics and is not meant to be taken in literal context, especially in the topics of time and space. The stories of time, creation, and many epic moments in the bible were written by man from stories passed down through generations.

Thats pretty much it :mrgreen:

Apostle13 said:
Your umm... Acusation has no merit here, as that was not my doing, nor intention.
So you posted that with no intention?

If you imploded internally on this what I have written I can only guess it may well be a signature sign of denial pertaining to your own convictions.
You seem to need to go back and read what Jesus meant when talking about False Witness. It wasn't just outright lying, but also being dishonest and misleading. I can "guess" that you didn't kill any cats with sledge hammers today, right? But such a claim would be the bearing of false witness even if it is technically not false.

Your claim is essentially an Ad Hominem, which means that you are bearing false witness.

Suffice to say that your implication by contrast about my Faith and "evidence" are flat-out lies.

The same is true for external consequence (explode). If it were my nature that I were to "bear false witness" I would simply call you out for the idiot that you are..:2razz:
So you are one of those who selectively seek literal interpretations of biblical words with no concern for what Jesus was actually telling us? Ok, whatever rocks your boat. I guess YOU are one of those who "call" themselves Christians, then:roll:

Oh, I am sorry, Apostle, were you under the impression that you could get away with dirty, underhanded tricks without being challenged on them?

Next time, perhaps be a bit more serious about what is actually being said rather than try for the cheap shots.:laughat:

steen said:
So you posted that with no intention?
I did not say that... My only real intent was to point out that we have different views on the correlation of faith and science. As you seem to suggest that one cannot intermingle the two lest you become either "in error", or "a blasphemer" creating some odd sensed conclusion of "perversion", as exhibited in the following::
steen said:
But if you use science to 'prove" anything for/against God, then you are in error. And if you use the Bible to try to "prove" scientific 'facts' then you are a blasphemer. In either case, it is a perversion.
This is silly, even a misguidance in my own realm, and manner of thinking. Which led me to make this statement:
Apostle13 said:
In light of our very different views concerning faith I am inclined to believe that we are traveling distinct and separate roads to eternity...
Do you suppose I suggest here that you are going to hell?
Could it not rather be considering this follow up statement that I was suggesting/explaining that we are at different levels of faith:
Apostle13 said:
Here your arguments are weak and vague for the quantity of my own faith is not limited to that which is altogether scientifically proven. Neither is it based on any method of mythology, as many by reason, their own lack of faith, might wish to argue. Faith is rather a matured notion, and yes, it is a growing process. Our own personal experiences with God landmark these elevated plains toward its maturity.
In truth steen I don't really know exactly where you are coming from... And especially with your Nanny, Nanny, Boo Boo mentality as exhibited here:
steen said:
Oh, I am sorry, Apostle, were you under the impression that you could get away with dirty, underhanded tricks without being challenged on them?
Next time, perhaps be a bit more serious about what is actually being said rather than try for the cheap shots.
Except to suggest that if you took it so hard, and personal, then maybe something then did hit home..? "False witness" indeed... Get a grip man... What are you neurotic?

Apostle13 said:
This is silly, even a misguidance in my own realm, and manner of thinking.
Nope.

In truth steen I don't really know exactly where you are coming from...
You are falsely trying to portray my faith as being based on evidence or science. That is a flat-out LIE.

A lie you need to retract.

"False witness" indeed... Get a grip man... What are you neurotic?
No, I challenge lies. You lied. That is all there is to it.

steen said:
Nope.

You are falsely trying to portray my faith as being based on evidence or science. That is a flat-out LIE.

A lie you need to retract.

No, I challenge lies. You lied. That is all there is to it.
Maybe you could point out specifically where/what I said..? I cannot speak in all accuracy concerning your faith, only my own, and maybe somewhat them that are close to me. I think I thought I expressed in subtle fashion that I was glad to learn you were even in the faith. Maybe you are just splitting hairs and in need of conflict..? I don't know.
Just go pack another bowl and ponder yourself awhile...:2razz:

As expected, you run from any point where you have to admit a mistake or a false claim. No surprise there.

steen said:
As expected, you run from any point where you have to admit a mistake or a false claim. No surprise there.
:confused: I'm not running... Else why would I ask you;
Apostle13 said:
Maybe you could point out specifically where/what I said..?
I could easily as well imply that about you considering you chose to ignore the question... But you know, I'm not gonna stoop, so I'll allow you ample time to answer/research it, maybe you can scheme it somehow by bungling some of my posts together..?
Elsewise, and surely, if you are truly the "Lie Detector", as you so aptly claim, then you must be trippin' your own breaker here. How convenient.

Apostle13 said:
:confused: I'm not running....
I have now twice challenged you on your outright lie about me and how you accuse me of basing by faith on science. That is STILL a lie. And you are very much running. Your cowardly avoidance of dealing with the fact of your false accusation AGAIN is merely showing how little integrity you have and how flagrantly dishonest you need to be in your arguments.

Here is a bit of advice. If you are not ready to be called on it, don't mess with me by spewing your false claims and lies.

steen said:
have now twice challenged you on your outright lie about me and how you accuse me of basing by faith on science.
Alast! A clue...Sheeesh! Thank You!
Apostle13 said:
In as much God is a God of many, he is truly, equally, a God of even just one, but acceptance thru faith is vital and key. Faith alone is proof enough to them that rightly profess it. One can say "I am a Christian" and still not being. In light of our very different views concerning faith I am inclined to believe that we are traveling distinct and separate roads to eternity... I am prayerfully hopeful of all whom I encounter on these forums. I find comfort in the knowing of them who do not blatantly deny the reason/existence of God, as I do see professed atheism as a deep well with muddy walls. Here your arguments are weak and vague for the quantity of my own faith is not limited to that which is altogether scientifically proven. Neither is it based on any method of mythology, as many by reason, their own lack of faith, might wish to argue. Faith is rather a matured notion, and yes, it is a growing process. Our own personal experiences with God landmark these elevated plains toward its maturity. In order to acquire these we must seek him with our whole heart and much diligence in doing so. Also the bible tells us Faith comes by hearing and the hearing of the word. Whereby we are encouraged to come to this knowledge of the truth. I have determined by my own past experiences, any compromising of God's word will only hinder that which is faith, from this, that which is key, to a knowledge that shines so brilliantly a light, on what is real and TRUTH.
Faith, prayer in Jesus name, and diligence, will set straight any persons path.
Well if you read it in full context you should see I was writing pertaining to that which is exampling my own faith but I can see the "ad hominem " affectation. However, I assure it was far less intentional than your own presumptive reasoning had determined it to be. Henceforth, you proceed to attack me in some warped viciously acute manner with so such little a significant measure of provocation to warrant. Sensitive are we..? Nevertheless, I forgive you... And not because you asked for it, but because it is my nature to do so.
Oh, and by the way... I'm sorry.
Now go and check that breaker... Maybe its the plug..?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom