• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19

Yeah but most people get terribly confused by data, even those great CDC experts. So an economist analyzed it and got something very different.
At least you admit you are confused by the data.

Yeah but, if she were correct it would be terribly embarrassing to all the experts who created the panic. It's easy to confuse everyone with numbers. Very easy.
Do you live in an area that is hard hit?

Do you live in an area that is hard hit?

I guess so. I communicate a lot online and I only know of two people who had it. One felt bad for about a week and got better. The other one is very overweight and was in the hospital for it.

I know a lot of people and I would at least see it on facebook if they got sick from covid. I heard of some relatives of acquaintances who got it bad or died. They were very old, and there weren't many of them. Hardly anyone I actually know, and none of my friends had even a slight case.

I don't work in a hospital so I don't see it. But friends of friends are nurses, and I haven't seen posts about their experiences with it.

All my information about how horrible the pandemic is has come from mainstream news, and from people repeating what mainstream news says. No direct experience, and almost no second hand experience.

I guess so. I communicate a lot online and I only know of two people who had it. One felt bad for about a week and got better. The other one is very overweight and was in the hospital for it.

I know a lot of people and I would at least see it on facebook if they got sick from covid. I heard of some relatives of acquaintances who got it bad or died. They were very old, and there weren't many of them. Hardly anyone I actually know, and none of my friends had even a slight case.

I don't work in a hospital so I don't see it. But friends of friends are nurses, and I haven't seen posts about their experiences with it.

All my information about how horrible the pandemic is has come from mainstream news, and from people repeating what mainstream news says. No direct experience, and almost no second hand experience.
I guess my point is ....how are your hospitals doing?

Do you understand the community significance if you have a hospital that has a large covid population and minimal or no beds available?

I guess my point is ....how are your hospitals doing?

Do you understand the community significance if you have a hospital that has a large covid population and minimal or no beds available?

I don't know how the hospitals are doing here. No one is saying. They just repeat what mainstream news says.

I don't know how the hospitals are doing here. No one is saying. They just repeat what mainstream news says.
So the very issue that makes this issue important, you don't care to look into,

Hospitals reaching near capacity (or over capacity) - especially with covid patients is a very dangerous thing, It threatens all patients, not just covid patients. And it is not just about beds. It is about having staff to cover it. If you end up needing surgery....do you want staff caring for you that is on their 30th straight shift - much of which were very long shifts? BTW, the Thanksgiving surge is starting....and it looks like Americans will still be stuck on stupid at Christmas.

So the very issue that makes this issue important, you don't care to look into,

Hospitals reaching near capacity (or over capacity) - especially with covid patients is a very dangerous thing, It threatens all patients, not just covid patients. And it is not just about beds. It is about having staff to cover it. If you end up needing surgery....do you want staff caring for you that is on their 30th straight shift - much of which were very long shifts? BTW, the Thanksgiving surge is starting....and it looks like Americans will still be stuck on stupid at Christmas.

I checked the county website, and hospitals are at 75% capacity. That doesn't seem overwhelming for this time of year.

I checked the county website, and hospitals are at 75% capacity. That doesn't seem overwhelming for this time of year.
That is good for you...keep in mind though...if there is a big surge, it will be in the next weeks. Hopefully you have enough qualified staff to match the beds.
Keep in mind, flu season has not peaked.

Some areas are at 90 percent and climbing, others have tent hospitals or hospitals in their parking garage. :(

With most of those deaths that you see (now near 3000/day) consider all the hospitalizations that were prior to those deaths,

Do you think your area is immune to this. North and South Dakota did as well.

Back
Top Bottom