• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Climate Science Headline You Won't See, Part 9

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
New blockbuster paper finds man-made CO2 is not the driver of global warming in the journal Global and Planetary Change

This came out last year and is unbelievably important. Do you remember seeing it reported in the mainstream media? Neither do I.

The highlights of the paper are:

► The overall global temperature change sequence of events appears to be from 1) the ocean surface to 2) the land surface to 3) the lower troposphere.

► Changes in global atmospheric CO2 are lagging about 11–12 months behind changes in global sea surface temperature.

► Changes in global atmospheric CO2 are lagging 9.5-10 months behind changes in global air surface temperature.

► Changes in global atmospheric CO2 are lagging about 9 months behind changes in global lower troposphere temperature.

► Changes in ocean temperatures appear to explain a substantial part of the observed changes in atmospheric CO2 since January 1980.

CO2 released from use of fossil fuels have little influence on the observed changes in the amount of atmospheric CO2, and changes in atmospheric CO2 are not tracking changes in human emissions.

My comment: In other words, CO2 levels follow temperature, not the other way round. Therefore there is no reason to limit CO2 emission. AGW theory is wrong.

New blockbuster paper finds man-made CO2 is not the driver of global warming in the journal Global and Planetary Change

This came out last year and is unbelievably important. Do you remember seeing it reported in the mainstream media? Neither do I.

My comment: In other words, CO2 levels follow temperature, not the other way round. Therefore there is no reason to limit CO2 emission. AGW theory is wrong.

This has been a known scientific fact for so many years, it's ridiculous that the climate scientists stay mum on the facts. One day, it's going to bite their careers.

A good Article, I thought one statement in the Discussion area brought this home.

As cause always must precede effect, this observation demonstrates that modern changes in temperatures are generally not induced by changes in atmospheric CO2. Indeed, the sequence of events is seen to be the opposite: temperature changes are taking place before the corresponding CO2 changes occur.

Back
Top Bottom