• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Climate Science Headline You Won't See, Part 5

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
New paper finds another non-hockey-stick in Chile from the journal Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology.

It is claimed that Michael Mann only got a hockey stick through careful a choice of proxies and a creative use of statistical analysis. If this is the case then we'd expect other investigators who are not in his orbit to have trouble reproducing his results.

In this case, not only is there no hockey stick, but the Medieval Warm period was 2.9 degrees C hotter than current times in South America.

So the claim often made by the warmists, that the Medieval Warm Period was confined to Northern Europe, increasingly appears to be wrong.

The Hockey stick doesn't work in southern Chile?
And You're accusing others of "careful a choice of proxies"?!?

Climate Science you won't get from Fox News:

New paper finds another non-hockey-stick in Chile from the journal Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology.

It is claimed that Michael Mann only got a hockey stick through careful a choice of proxies and a creative use of statistical analysis. If this is the case then we'd expect other investigators who are not in his orbit to have trouble reproducing his results.

In this case, not only is there no hockey stick, but the Medieval Warm period was 2.9 degrees C hotter than current times in South America.

So the claim often made by the warmists, that the Medieval Warm Period was confined to Northern Europe, increasingly appears to be wrong.

How can you accuse people of cherry-picking data when you're only using one site for your data.

How can you accuse people of cherry-picking data when you're only using one site for your data.

How can you accuses any of us of anything when you don't understand science?

Naturally, I'm covering one side of the issue. The mainstream media devotes lavish attention to the other side of the argument.

There are lots of examples of peer reviewed papers that detract from the AGW argument, and the rate of publication of such papers is increasing. You guys obviously have no idea because you haven't been told.

Naturally, I'm covering one side of the issue. The mainstream media devotes lavish attention to the other side of the argument.

There are lots of examples of peer reviewed papers that detract from the AGW argument, and the rate of publication of such papers is increasing. You guys obviously have no idea because you haven't been told.

I notice they regurgitate spoon fed quotes. In another thread, and edited quote was put forth, that left out the peer reviewed paper. The paper, I finally found, and it wasn't even about the topic used for.

I have a hard time respecting warmers. Not because the believe CO2 is primary, but because they don't think for themselves.

They trust and do not verify.

I notice they regurgitate spoon fed quotes. In another thread, and edited quote was put forth, that left out the peer reviewed paper. The paper, I finally found, and it wasn't even about the topic used for.

I have a hard time respecting warmers. Not because the believe CO2 is primary, but because they don't think for themselves.

They trust and do not verify.

I have a hard time respecting guys that tell me they have disproven AGW by doing simple math at their kitchen table, yet dont seem to be able to communicate that groundbreaking, Nobel winning idea to the actual scientific community.

I have a hard time respecting guys that tell me they have disproven AGW by doing simple math at their kitchen table, yet dont seem to be able to communicate that groundbreaking, Nobel winning idea to the actual scientific community.

Perhaps is you understood a little more science, you could see how clear my napkin math shows some of the AGW premise in error.

Back
Top Bottom