• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Climate Science Headline You Won't See: New Non-Hockey Stick Found in Tibet

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
A new tree ring study published in the Quaternary Research, a peer reviewed journal, shows a temperature record with no hockey stick between 1446 and 2008 AD, that is, no rapid increase in temperatures in modern times following a long, flat temperature record. This is now over 1200 scientists all over the world that have not found hockey sticks in the temperature record.

A new tree ring study published in the Quaternary Research, a peer reviewed journal, shows a temperature record with no hockey stick between 1446 and 2008 AD, that is, no rapid increase in temperatures in modern times following a long, flat temperature record. This is now over 1200 scientists all over the world that have not found hockey sticks in the temperature record.

According to the Oracle Gore and the exalted United Nations panels, we are merely here to pay, not question. ;)

How could this evidence be wholly conclusive to your statement when all 75 of the trees were in southeastern Tibet?

The average temperature in Tibet is 45.5 degree's Fahrenheit. Now although the average temperature may not indicate the general increase over time, we can still see from the link that Tibet's temperature is a relatively low and stable one as are many highland areas.

Tibet is simply not a prime area to test for climate change, and having data from one particular area is not conclusive to disprove a global phenomenon.

Tibet Climate.

How could this evidence be wholly conclusive to your statement when all 75 of the trees were in southeastern Tibet?

The average temperature in Tibet is 45.5 degree's Fahrenheit. Now although the average temperature may not indicate the general increase over time, we can still see from the link that Tibet's temperature is a relatively low and stable one as are many highland areas.

Tibet is simply not a prime area to test for climate change, and having data from one particular area is not conclusive to disprove a global phenomenon.

Tibet Climate.

So I suppose the prime area to test would be one that supports the hockey stick theory?

So I suppose the prime area to test would be one that supports the hockey stick theory?

A prime test area would be one that shows a decent variation in temperatures based upon the seasons.

Though quite obviously the best would be test samples from around the world.

A prime test area would be one that shows a decent variation in temperatures based upon the seasons.

Though quite obviously the best would be test samples from around the world.

Why would it matter? Is Tibet somehow insultated from global temperature fluctuations over hundreds of years?

Good afternoon, ocean515. :2wave:

Did you see the recent article on Health Wize Report titled "Al Gore Sued by 30,000 Scientists for Global Warming Fraud?" It seems that the founder of the Weather Channel is one of those suing! Maybe those scientists who disagree with Al Gore will no longer be silenced! Interesting! :thumbs:

Why would it matter? Is Tibet somehow insultated from global temperature fluctuations over hundreds of years?

Well not necessarily no, however highland areas are less prone to more seasonal changes that we see in other area's of the world. It would be far more accurate a reading if we could get a large amount of readings from all over the world.

I'm just saying that Tibet itself is very much a highland area and that there are more temperate area's where we could better read the planet's trend.

Did you see the recent article on Health Wize Report titled "Al Gore Sued by 30,000 Scientists for Global Warming Fraud?" It seems that the founder of the Weather Channel is one of those suing! Maybe those scientists who disagree with Al Gore will no longer be silenced! Interesting! :thumbs:

Hi Polgara :2wave:

No, I did not see the recent article regarding Al Gore and the scientists. One can only hope more rational minds will prevail in this economic end game packaged as "Global Warm..", er, "Climate Change".

Well not necessarily no, however highland areas are less prone to more seasonal changes that we see in other area's of the world. It would be far more accurate a reading if we could get a large amount of readings from all over the world.

I'm just saying that Tibet itself is very much a highland area and that there are more temperate area's where we could better read the planet's trend.

Well, certainly the larger the sample set, the greater the accuracy. Unfortunately, what you're indicating about select climate areas dovetails into the problem with the sampling that has been done over the years by those pushing the agenda.

If such temperature isolation is possible, the sampling from other areas could be specifically selected to support a desired theory. There is much evidence this has been done.

Well, certainly the larger the sample set, the greater the accuracy. Unfortunately, what you're indicating about select climate areas dovetails into the problem with the sampling that has been done over the years by those pushing the agenda.

If such temperature isolation is possible, the sampling from other areas could be specifically selected to support a desired theory. There is much evidence this has been done.

Please explain how what I'm suggesting "dovetails" into a problem. I'm not sure if you perceive the results as they should be.

Please explain how what I'm suggesting "dovetails" into a problem. I'm not sure if you perceive the results as they should be.

If I may; I think what ocean was pointing out is that past studies which support or were the basis of the infamous "hockey stick graph" that used tree ring data. In fact used a similar process, whereas a relatively small area or tree sampling tomake the claims.. Meaning, they used similar small samplings to create their claim, that you take issue with in the tibet studies... AT least that's what I got from it anyway..

Which is a ok... I came here seeing hockey stick and thought tibet was fielding a team for the next Olympics or something..LOL

Tibet Climate.
Tibet may be very good for showing baseline increases.
Big seasonal swings can cause a lot of noise, and make picking out a background trend
difficult. If the global temperature changed, even Tibet would be affected.

Have a link? Sounds interesting.

Tibet Climate.

This is one of several studies that have been reported out from all over the world that fail to find a hockey stick. I have posted links to some of them previously, and there are others.

The hockey stick was supposed to be about global temperatures. If that is the case it ought to be seen globally.

Well, I believe I do perceive them properly. What you've suggested is that certain characteristics of a given climate area can lead to inaccurate conclusions unrepresentative of the whole.

This suggests that data could be carefully chosen across multiple climate areas for the express purpose of supporting a specific theory, rather than to develop one.

As I wrote, this bias has been widely reported on.

Well, I believe I do perceive them properly. What you've suggested is that certain characteristics of a given climate area can lead to inaccurate conclusions unrepresentative of the whole.

This suggests that data could be carefully chosen across multiple climate areas for the express purpose of supporting a specific theory, rather than to develop one.

As I wrote, this bias has been widely reported on.

Good morrning, ocean515. :2wave:

This sounds eerily similar to taking CO2 readings from ocean depths to make a case for climate change, instead of taking them nearer the ocean surface, where CO2 is actually transferred from the air and vice versa, which gives an entirely different result! If this was a human error regarding where to take readings for CO2 measurement, I trust it will now be corrected, otherwise the data is wrong, and therefore useless! :thumbs:

Good morrning, ocean515. :2wave:

This sounds eerily similar to taking CO2 readings from ocean depths to make a case for climate change, instead of taking them nearer the ocean surface, where CO2 is actually transferred from the air and vice versa, which gives an entirely different result! If this was a human error regarding where to take readings for CO2 measurement, I trust it will now be corrected, otherwise the data is wrong, and therefore useless! :thumbs:

Good morning Polgara :2wave:

Wrong data, bad data, manipulated data, it all seems to be part of the scheme.

What I have never quite understood, is why its considered outrageous that all the controversy be settled before the United States engages in the largest transfer of wealth in human history. It seems reasonable that incidents like ClimateGate, and all the other controversies, be eliminated before doing so.

To me, the attacks, and the name calling, by the promoters of "Climate Change", serve one purpose: To prove they have nothing but a want to use a trumped up issue to enact "Social Justice" across the globe.

What I have never quite understood, is why its considered outrageous that all the controversy be settled before the United States engages in the largest transfer of wealth in human history. It seems reasonable that incidents like ClimateGate, and all the other controversies, be eliminated before doing so.

To me, the attacks, and the name calling, by the promoters of "Climate Change", serve one purpose: To prove they have nothing but a want to use a trumped up issue to enact "Social Justice" across the globe.

The truth is emerging, which is a good thing! :thumbs: Since thousands of respected climate scientists, who have been ridiculed because they do not agree with Gore and his crowd of greedy Cap and Trade proponents, are now suing in order to be heard, maybe we'll hear both sides of the story for a change!

desperation in the morning.jpg

It was cloudy last week in my area. Therefore it isn't sunny anywhere.

And this was cribbed from:

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2013/08/new-paper-finds-another-non-hockey_30.html?m=1

Back
Top Bottom