• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Christian Argument for Gay Marriage

So, I know I'm a few years too late for this thread to be timely, but I've devised a (hypothetically) foolproof argument from the Christian perspective in support of gay marriage. Presuming that less sin is better than more sin, gay marriage is the most crucial form of harm reduction available to homosexuals - surely, sucking dick outside of wedlock is worse than sucking dick inside of it. Not only that, but marriage kills sex drive, thus decreasing the net amount of gay sex in the world, reducing aggregate sin in addition to lessening the severity of individual incidents. It is for this reason that I think all Christians who today lobby for the removal of institutional gay marriage are working to make the world a more sinful place, and are in need of a serious "come to Jesus" moment.
There is no Christian argument for sodomy. Period. So whatever you typed is not a real argument.

There is no Christian argument for sodomy. Period. So whatever you typed is not a real argument.
Who cares what conservatives Christians think. Nobody is asking for their approval in the relationships of others.

BTW, Priests don't have a problem with sodomy.

So christians are not allowed to engage in oral or anal sex, even if they're married? Sounds like a boring sex life.

So christians are not allowed to engage in oral or anal sex, even if they're married? Sounds like a boring sex life.
Who is going to enforce this idea? I can't wait for the various Christian churches to appoint a Christian sex police patrol.

Yes, and I suppose that a party is boring unless everyone is getting drunk. Sex is about commitment and tender love and not playacting. Why not suck on a peppermint stick?

Yes, and I suppose that a party is boring unless everyone is getting drunk.
It is boring if no alcohol is served. It might as well be a children's party. But you didn't exactly answer my question either.
Sex is about commitment and tender love and not playacting. Why not suck on a peppermint stick?
You seem to confuse sex with love. They do complement each other. There's nothing wrong with a loving couple engaging in whatever sex acts they want. That can enhance the love and vice versa. Sodomy is just a little spice to the sex.

It is boring if no alcohol is served. It might as well be a children's party. But you didn't exactly answer my question either.
EXACTLY! You've never lived without a crutch. Nothing wrong with a good children's party. I enjoy ice cream --- Chocolate with chocolate jimmies.
You seem to confuse sex with love. They do complement each other. There's nothing wrong with a loving couple engaging in whatever sex acts they want. That can enhance the love and vice versa. Sodomy is just a little spice to the sex.
Sodomy is just an excuse for turning your partner into a toilet and calling it "spice".

EXACTLY! You've never lived without a crutch.
Because I do not need a crutch, much less a religious one.
Nothing wrong with a good children's party. I enjoy ice cream.
I don't need a child's party to have ice cream. I prefer the more adult oriented and fun parties.
Sodomy is just an excuse for turning your partner into a toilet and calling it "spice".
It's a way for a couple to spice up their love life and have fun.

Because I do not need a crutch, much less a religious one.
No, You replace Christianity with booze, sex and drugs.
I don't need a child's party to have ice cream. I prefer the more adult oriented and fun parties.
Yes, you prefer booze, sex, and drugs.
It's a way for a couple to spice up their love life and have fun.
You don't have much to live for do you ---- booze, sex, and drugs. Church is far more interesting.

Yes, and I suppose that a party is boring unless everyone is getting drunk. Sex is about commitment and tender love and not playacting. Why not suck on a peppermint stick?
Where in the Bible does it condemn oral or anal sex?

Again, why do you care about what 2 people in a relationship do? Do you think that they are asking for or demanding your approval for their sexual acts?

Again, why do you care about what 2 people in a relationship do? Do you think that they are asking for or demanding your approval for their sexual acts?
Well, I might also ask why my concern about 2 people (in some relationship) should bother anyone who really doesn't care what others think. It would seem that it does bother someone else or there would be no debate.

Well, I might also ask why my concern about 2 people (in some relationship) should bother anyone who really doesn't care what others think. It would seem that it does bother someone else or there would be no debate.
The fact that they might bother you is irrelevant. Nobody is asking for your approval. You do not get to inject your religious beliefs into others' lives just because your religious beliefs are different from their own. They have the same rights as they do to act and believe differently, despite your concerns or beliefs.

Maybe your religious beliefs and actions bother them. Did you ever consider that idea? Your rights and your concerns end at the time of your nose where the equal rights of others begin.

The fact that they might bother you is irrelevant. Nobody is asking for your approval. You do not get to inject your religious beliefs into others' lives just because your religious beliefs are different from their own. They have the same rights as they do to act and believe differently, despite your concerns or beliefs.

Maybe your religious beliefs and actions bother them. Did you ever consider that idea? Your rights and your concerns end at the time of your nose where the equal rights of others begin.
FREEDOM: both SPEECH and RELIGION, in the United States, says that open discussions are acceptable -- especially in a debate forum. I keep my actions to myself. and don't flaunt them. My values and opinions should not be excluded where the values and opinions of others are being promoted as totally acceptable. ABSOLUTELY, not ALL actions, values, and options are created equal --- and comparisons are needed to reveal such discrepancies honestly.

I'm not sure why you make that assumption, especially since you have no idea about my personal lifestyle.
If religion is the alternative, then yes.
You don't have much to live for do you ---- booze, sex, and drugs.
More baseless assumptions.
Church is far more interesting.
Not even a little. I'm so bored in churches, I fall asleep.
FREEDOM: both SPEECH and RELIGION, in the United States, says that open discussions are acceptable -- especially in a debate forum.
Then don't be surprised when your posts are challenged.
I keep my actions to myself. and don't flaunt them.
You only flaunt self righteous sanctimony.
My values and opinions should not be excluded where the values and opinions of others are being promoted as totally acceptable. ABSOLUTELY, not ALL actions, values, and options are created equal --- and comparisons are needed to reveal such discrepancies honestly.
What you find acceptable or not is subjective and irrelevant, especially when it concerns matters between consenting adults or otherwise has no impact on you.

You don't have much to live for do you ---- booze, sex, and drugs. Church is far more interesting.
Funny that you condemn drinking when Jesus literally turned water into wine AFTER everyone was already smashed.

Ah, but I'm not talking about sodomy, I'm talking about marriage. Actions and contracts are completely separate categories.
The entire purpose of gay marriage is legitimate sodomy as a lifestyle choice.

The entire purpose of gay marriage is legitimate sodomy as a lifestyle choice.
Wrong! It's about equal (marriage) rights under the law. Marriage is irrelevant to sodomy and individuals are free to engage in sodomy if they wish. There is no law against it. You didn't answer my question either: Are christians not allowed to engage in oral or anal sex (sodomy), even if they're married?

Funny that you condemn drinking when Jesus literally turned water into wine AFTER everyone was already smashed.
Jesus created fine wine for wedding guests to enjoy ------ not to get drunk on. And the vast majority of Jewish wedding guests didn't get smashed. Let's face it, a guy who is smashed doesn't know the difference between mediocre wine and fine wine...

Wrong! It's about equal (marriage) rights under the law. Marriage is irrelevant to sodomy and individuals are free to engage in sodomy if they wish. There is no law against it. You didn't answer my question either: Are christians not allowed to engage in oral or anal sex (sodomy), even if they're married?
So, why can a man and woman have a baby, but two guys have to get a surrogate if they want a baby. The civic laws can't override GOD's LAW that is defined by "nature" s GOD's established it.

Jesus created fine wine for wedding guests to enjoy ------ not to get drunk on. And the vast majority of Jewish wedding guests didn't get smashed. Let's face it, a guy who is smashed doesn't know the difference between mediocre wine and fine wine...
Regardless, you made a sweeping condemnation to drinking alcohol when Jesus himself made and drank wine. But back to my original point, you don't go through a party's worth of liquor without someone being at least tipsy.

Back
Top Bottom