• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Child Psychiatrist’s Perspective on Trump’s Behavior

The man has no legacy. The best way to describe him is a loud smelly fart. The smell will eventually go away and one day someone will find one of his dirty underpanties in a landfill.
(y)

Much like the damage caused by Obama

"But Obama!!11!!"

*banned*

Funny how the "but Obama!!11!!" people never last long. It's like they don't really know anything about politics or history or philosophy. They're just here to be racists.

We just had a president who acted, threaten like a 3rd grade schoolyard bully. It's nice to finally have an adult in the white house regardless of politics and policy.

I would prefer a real traditional conservative, not someone who switched parties 7 times. Adopting the political ideology and philosophy of the party he belonged to at the time. Trump has no real political ideology of his own or a belief in any political philosophy. He just goes with the flow. Trump is the true RINO. He believes in nothing but himself.

Trump demonstrated that his goals FIOR ALL AMERICANS are greater personal freedoms, greater individual liberties and greater control of individuals by the individual.

That is EXACTLY what he promised to do.

He preached repeatedly the nobility of self reliance and making sure that the opportunities for all were abundant and accessible.

This is exactly what he delivered. Until the Democrats dream came true and Covid hit.

Trump talked the talk and walked the same walk.

I certainly agree but would anyone pass? Hey I am sure you read those articles that executives have sociopathic traits. Seriously no joking Arge while of course I agree with you I really wonder about the mental health of many politicians. You imagine how many had issues we never knew about.
I agree that leaders, whether in business or politics, have a degree of authoritarian/sociopathic traits and probably a few other traits found in the DSM. It's the matter of degree that counts. In the orange bloviator's case, he is full blown mentally disturbed and is still having a negative impact on our political system unlike anything I've seen in my adult life.

I agree that leaders, whether in business or politics, have a degree of authoritarian/sociopathic traits and probably a few other traits found in the DSM. It's the matter of degree that counts. In the orange bloviator's case, he is full blown mentally disturbed and is still having a negative impact on our political system unlike anything I've seen in my adult life.
I have often said a buffoon is a buffoon no matter if he is your lawyer, doctor, accountant, neighbor, pastor, or president.

so let me set the record straight for ya, and maybe you will finally "get" it.

I have no degree in psychology, I never met Trump, and being Canadian have had little opportunity to converse with Trumpers.

BUT........ I can see and hear. If Trump wasn't Trump but a neighbor, or a relative, or my pastor, or even my doctor, and behaved like Trump behaves, I would come to the same conclusion

TRUMP IS AN UTTERLY IMMORAL BUFFOON

I hope that straightens things out for you.

You hate Trump.

I get it.

Hate is not rational. DOT------------DOT.

You hate Trump.

I get it.

Hate is not rational. DOT------------DOT.
I really don't want to keep going back n forth with you on this, it gets tiresome and boring, that OLD mantra about hating Trump is SO old it has worn it's day, really.
For the record, I don't hate anyone, but that man is despicable and loathsome, and for those reasons, I actually pity him.
Imagine living in his shell just for a day, and before you rebut, JUST IMAGINE what it must be like to be him. Never to have loved anyone or anything, and not to have ever been loved.
It is pathetic.
BUT if you still want to defend such an empty shell of a human being and call what I say about him "hatred", then knock yourself out.
You will have only an audience of one, and that one won't be me.

Cheers

Traitor trump was just a sleazy conman, he sought out the uneducated and gullible, and played his base like a fiddle.....still feeding red meat and KoolAid, and his slob worshipers are sucking it up.

Trump demonstrated that his goals FIOR ALL AMERICANS are greater personal freedoms, greater individual liberties and greater control of individuals by the individual.

He preached repeatedly the nobility of self reliance and making sure that the opportunities for all were abundant and accessible.

This is exactly what he delivered. Until the Democrats dream came true and Covid hit.

I don't think Covid had a thing to do with it. Trump was disliked, especially by independents from the get go. Go back to 2016, independents did vote for Trump, 46-42 over Hillary, 12% voted third party against both Trump and Hillary. Add Hillary's 42% with the 12% who voted against both candidates because of their dislike of both, you have 54% voting against Trump. Independents gave Trump a 40% favorable/57% unfavorable Nov 2016

Fast forward to 2018, because of independents dislike of Trump, they voted for Democratic congressional candidates 54-42. Nov 2018 enabling the democrats to gain 44 house seats and take control of the House. Independents viewed Trump in Nov 2018 40% favorable/58% unfavorable.

In 2020, independents voted for Biden 54-41, independents view of Trump Nov 2020 was 39% favorable/60% unfavorable. What is the favorable/unfavorable ratings important? History shows folks usually don't vote for someone they dislike. Independents are very important to the Republican Party. Since the GOP is the smaller of the two major parties in party affiliation/identification, the Republican Party needs to win the independent vote or lose the election.

Finally you need to look at the total percentages of 2020. Trump 46.9%, Republican congressional candidates 48.1%, Republican senate candidates, 49.3%, Republican governors 52.4%. On the reverse side, Biden received 51.3%, Democratic congressional candidates 50.4%, Democratic senate candidates 47.0%, Democratic governors 44.1%. Down ballot republicans out performed Trump, down ballot democrats failed to match Biden's vote total and percentage.

Trump was low man on the totem poll among Republicans vote getters percentage wise. Congressional Republicans did better than Trump, Republican senate candidates did better than Trump, Republican governorship candidates did a whole lot better than Trump. You could carry this on to state legislatures also.

There was a whole lot of ticket splitters who voted for Biden against Trump, then voted Republican down ballot. This should tell those who belong to the GOP something. But they totally ignore it.

I really don't want to keep going back n forth with you on this, it gets tiresome and boring, that OLD mantra about hating Trump is SO old it has worn it's day, really.
For the record, I don't hate anyone, but that man is despicable and loathsome, and for those reasons, I actually pity him.
Imagine living in his shell just for a day, and before you rebut, JUST IMAGINE what it must be like to be him. Never to have loved anyone or anything, and not to have ever been loved.
It is pathetic.
BUT if you still want to defend such an empty shell of a human being and call what I say about him "hatred", then knock yourself out.
You will have only an audience of one, and that one won't be me.

Cheers

You have constructed a false effigy in your mind, named it Trump, and now expend much energy hating this imagined image.

The pity you feel for the imagined effigy would be better employed if directed within.

I don't think Covid had a thing to do with it. Trump was disliked, especially by independents from the get go. Go back to 2016, independents did vote for Trump, 46-42 over Hillary, 12% voted third party against both Trump and Hillary. Add Hillary's 42% with the 12% who voted against both candidates because of their dislike of both, you have 54% voting against Trump. Independents gave Trump a 40% favorable/57% unfavorable Nov 2016

Fast forward to 2018, because of independents dislike of Trump, they voted for Democratic congressional candidates 54-42. Nov 2018 enabling the democrats to gain 44 house seats and take control of the House. Independents viewed Trump in Nov 2018 40% favorable/58% unfavorable.

In 2020, independents voted for Biden 54-41, independents view of Trump Nov 2020 was 39% favorable/60% unfavorable. What is the favorable/unfavorable ratings important? History shows folks usually don't vote for someone they dislike. Independents are very important to the Republican Party. Since the GOP is the smaller of the two major parties in party affiliation/identification, the Republican Party needs to win the independent vote or lose the election.

Finally you need to look at the total percentages of 2020. Trump 46.9%, Republican congressional candidates 48.1%, Republican senate candidates, 49.3%, Republican governors 52.4%. On the reverse side, Biden received 51.3%, Democratic congressional candidates 50.4%, Democratic senate candidates 47.0%, Democratic governors 44.1%. Down ballot republicans out performed Trump, down ballot democrats failed to match Biden's vote total and percentage.

Trump was low man on the totem poll among Republicans vote getters percentage wise. Congressional Republicans did better than Trump, Republican senate candidates did better than Trump, Republican governorship candidates did a whole lot better than Trump. You could carry this on to state legislatures also.

There was a whole lot of ticket splitters who voted for Biden against Trump, then voted Republican down ballot. This should tell those who belong to the GOP something. But they totally ignore it.

I'm not arguing that trump was not polarizing. Obviously, he was and is.

The UNPOPULARITY, though, was more likely the product of the lying, agenda driven propagandists in the media than the product of honest and accurate assessment by the voting public.

The virtually ignored vaccine development, the drum beat of the protests being Trump's fault, the incessant lies about racism, and the downplays of all the good stuff that happened were astonishing.

This is made more disturbing now in the light of the emerging knowledge of the CCP control of so many American communication outlets and the now revealed control of Facebook Fact Checking by the Democrats in government.

The Propaganda Ministry is in full control of many of the arteries of communication and is spreading like a cancer into the rest.

I find it interesting and distressing that the Democrat Faithful seem to support the end of the first amendment ideals as long as their suspension benefits the party.

I'm not arguing that trump was not polarizing. Obviously, he was and is.

The UNPOPULARITY, though, was more likely the product of the lying, agenda driven propagandists in the media than the product of honest and accurate assessment by the voting public.

The virtually ignored vaccine development, the drum beat of the protests being Trump's fault, the incessant lies about racism, and the downplays of all the good stuff that happened were astonishing.

This is made more disturbing now in the light of the emerging knowledge of the CCP control of so many American communication outlets and the now revealed control of Facebook Fact Checking by the Democrats in government.

The Propaganda Ministry is in full control of many of the arteries of communication and is spreading like a cancer into the rest.

I find it interesting and distressing that the Democrat Faithful seem to support the end of the first amendment ideals as long as their suspension benefits the party.
I was never a fan of political correctness as it seemed to me it was being used to stymie those with other points of view. My point on Trump he wasn't liked or wanted from the beginning, he just lucked out to be going against Hillary Clinton. Besides the like/dislike and favorable/unfavorable polls, all one had to do was look at Trump's approval/disapproval rating from day one.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

Independents never liked him although they did give him 46% of their vote in 2016, only because they disliked Hillary more. For independents job approval you can find that here for his entire presidency along with every other president if you care to compare..

I think it was Trump's personality, his very rude, childish persona that defeated him. He was very easy to dislike and history has shown folks usually don't vote for someone they dislike.

Blather.
How about actually examining the political landscape, listening to other points of view, and studying a person's character.
GUARANTEED - and I challenge you to deny this - IF before Trump came along, a country like Canada for example, had elected a leader with the same characteristics as Trump you would be laughing your head off at us for being THAT stupid.
But because it is the U.S. and it is Trump, suddenly you are character blind?

and using phrases like "The Propaganda Ministry"? there is no such thing, there are PEOPLE, who got fed up with Trump and decided to elect someone else.

GET IT YET?

face-with-one-eyebrow-raised_1f928.png

I was never a fan of political correctness as it seemed to me it was being used to stymie those with other points of view. My point on Trump he wasn't liked or wanted from the beginning, he just lucked out to be going against Hillary Clinton. Besides the like/dislike and favorable/unfavorable polls, all one had to do was look at Trump's approval/disapproval rating from day one.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

Independents never liked him although they did give him 46% of their vote in 2016, only because they disliked Hillary more. For independents job approval you can find that here for his entire presidency along with every other president if you care to compare..

I think it was Trump's personality, his very rude, childish persona that defeated him. He was very easy to dislike and history has shown folks usually don't vote for someone they dislike.

I agree that his personality was abrasive. That's his style.

That was a contributing factor to his loss at the polls, but the main driving force was the biased and unrelentingly negative and more often than not dishonest reporting the he was subjected to.

Hiding everything good that happened and amplifying anything that might be negative AND INVENTING NEGATIVE THINGS was an abuse of the truth by the lying propagandists in the legacy media.

Trump was right to point it out even if he did so with the sledge hammer style of communication that he prefers.

Blather.
How about actually examining the political landscape, listening to other points of view, and studying a person's character.
GUARANTEED - and I challenge you to deny this - IF before Trump came along, a country like Canada for example, had elected a leader with the same characteristics as Trump you would be laughing your head off at us for being THAT stupid.
But because it is the U.S. and it is Trump, suddenly you are character blind?

and using phrases like "The Propaganda Ministry"? there is no such thing, there are PEOPLE, who got fed up with Trump and decided to elect someone else.

GET IT YET?

View attachment 67343109

Didn't read your post.

Why did you deceptively and underhandedly edit away most of the post to which you responded and make no mention of what you did?

I agree that his personality was abrasive. That's his style.

That was a contributing factor to his loss at the polls, but the main driving force was the biased and unrelentingly negative and more often than not dishonest reporting the he was subjected to.

Hiding everything good that happened and amplifying anything that might be negative AND INVENTING NEGATIVE THINGS was an abuse of the truth by the lying propagandists in the legacy media.

Trump was right to point it out even if he did so with the sledge hammer style of communication that he prefers.
Amplifying is a good word. You had around 55% of all Americans, give or take a few points who didn't like Trump to begin with. The reporting just amplified their dislike and distrust of him. Of course Trump's personality, his obnoxious persona played right into that. Amplifying, right on the money. The MSM just reinforcing an already dislike of Trump that was there from the beginning.

Didn't read your post.

Why did you deceptively and underhandedly edit away most of the post to which you responded and make no mention of what you did?
there is a link, click on it, you can read all of it. sheesh!

Amplifying is a good word. You had around 55% of all Americans, give or take a few points who didn't like Trump to begin with. The reporting just amplified their dislike and distrust of him. Of course Trump's personality, his obnoxious persona played right into that. Amplifying, right on the money. The MSM just reinforcing an already dislike of Trump that was there from the beginning.

IF the amplification was based on an honest report of what was happening in the real world, THEN it would be excusable.

It was not. It was based on bias, political agenda, selective omissions, selective inclusions, misrepresentations and outright lies.

If you haven't noticed, the same butt holes are doing the same thing with all of our founders, framers, the US in general and the basic notion of freedom.

An honest portrayal is one thing. A deliberate hatchet job is something else entirely.

For those who are curious, the following is very interesting and insightful, but will no doubt rile up those who think Trump walks on water.

Nevertheless, makes for VERY INTERESTING reading:

Quote:
Preschool kids are normally impulsive, grandiose, self-centered, attention seeking, unable to tell truth from fiction, violate rules and norms, easily wounded, and do not take responsibility for themselves. We spend plenty of time as parents in helping them learn the norms of civility.

Parents should be worried as their kids watch Trump day after day modeling quite the opposite behavior they hope for in their kids. And many do worry that their kids will imitate this behavior, or rationalize their misbehavior saying, “Hey President Trump did that! Why can’t I?”

View attachment 67342609
All the more reason to indict him and send him off somewhere disconnected from society. Lord knows there is plenty of evidence on multiple fronts. Then the parents can tell their kids; Do you want to go to jail like president Trump? Then act civil.

Trumps goals were for the wealthy like himself. After all, he had one major accomplishment, Tax cuts for the rich. I don't think the part about him telling General Milley to "just shoot them" qualifies for greater control by the individual.

I'll say this real quick. If Trump was so damn smart, why couldn't he do a better job with Covid? Had he figured out that it's best to follow your experienced medical advisors instead of arguing and disparaging them all the time, he might have retained the WH.

As it was, he managed to loose all three branches of government, get impeached twice and is now under a whole plethora of criminal and civil investigations.

You would be better served by picking someone else to worship. Trump is a freaking mess.

Back
Top Bottom