• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Child Psychiatrist’s Perspective on Trump’s Behavior

SNOWFLAKE

Crazy Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
For those who are curious, the following is very interesting and insightful, but will no doubt rile up those who think Trump walks on water.

Nevertheless, makes for VERY INTERESTING reading:

Quote:
Preschool kids are normally impulsive, grandiose, self-centered, attention seeking, unable to tell truth from fiction, violate rules and norms, easily wounded, and do not take responsibility for themselves. We spend plenty of time as parents in helping them learn the norms of civility.

Parents should be worried as their kids watch Trump day after day modeling quite the opposite behavior they hope for in their kids. And many do worry that their kids will imitate this behavior, or rationalize their misbehavior saying, “Hey President Trump did that! Why can’t I?”

canstockphoto-Antonio_Diaz-635x325.jpg

For those who are curious, the following is very interesting and insightful, but will no doubt rile up those who think Trump walks on water.

Quote:
Preschool kids are normally impulsive, grandiose, self-centered, attention seeking, unable to tell truth from fiction, violate rules and norms, easily wounded, and do not take responsibility for themselves. We spend plenty of time as parents in helping them learn the norms of civility.

Parents should be worried as their kids watch Trump day after day modeling quite the opposite behavior they hope for in their kids. And many do worry that their kids will imitate this behavior, or rationalize their misbehavior saying, “Hey President Trump did that! Why can’t I?”

View attachment 67342609

But I like his policies! :rolleyes:

I thought one of Hillary's better campaign ads was the one where it had children watching Trump act like Trump. We do need a leader that can act like an adult and be a role model for our children.

I thought one of Hillary's better campaign ads was the one where it had children watching Trump act like Trump. We do need a leader that can act like an adult and be a role model for our children.
WELL , for some of the children on political forums, Trump IS a role model

laugh_40x40.gif

Did you raise your own children to act like him? Did your parents raise you to act like him?
question 1, hopefully not
question 2, they must have otherwise how to explain that they do act like him?

Great watching the panic stricken Fascists panic as even the memory of the colossus drives them hysterical .

He couldn't get a job as a teacher anywhere!!!

Great watching the panic stricken Fascists panic as even the memory of the colossus drives them hysterical .
You make some really weird posts. Do people say that about your comments in real life?

Great watching the panic stricken Fascists panic as even the memory of the colossus drives them hysterical .[/SIZE]

Trump accomplished nothing and was a complete moron. Easily the worst president of modern times. Probably the worst President in history.

Quote:

View attachment 67342609

The highlighted portion above seems to describe the Neo Marxist Dems almost perfectly.

Quote:

View attachment 67342609
Trump's behavior as president was certainly that of a spoiled four year old brat with his name calling and throwing of childish temper tantrums. Add to that Trump's 3rd grade schoolyard bullying tactics, you do have the behavior of someone who wasn't taught any manners or how to behave in public by his parents.

You do have a 75 year old man who behaved and still behaves and acts like a pre-schooler. At least mentally with his actions. It's hard for me to fathom, regardless of what one thinks of his politics, for or against his policies, how one could choose to follow someone who hasn't grown mentally out of a four year old brat's mind. Especially when you have many real conservatives who's minds have been fully developed into adulthood. Weird.

Most Trump supporters (including me) realize that the honorable gentleman's personality is obnoxious.

But most of his policies were right on! And that is the most important thing.

If nothing else, he refused to pander to the genuine racists by kowtowing to BLM and its supporters in the media and industry.

What a courageous act!

Most Trump supporters (including me) realize that the honorable gentleman's personality is obnoxious.

But most of his policies were right on! And that is the most important thing.

If nothing else, he refused to pander to the genuine racists by kowtowing to BLM and its supporters in the media and industry.

What a courageous act!
My guess, is you didn't read beyond the headline :rolleyes:

The highlighted portion above seems to describe the Neo Marxist Dems almost perfectly.
And did you read ALL of the article or only the highlighted parts?
There is a lot to digest, but as I prefaced in comment #3 there are certain people on here that will react a certain way.
And I predicted it and sure enough here you are.

READ THE WHOLE THING!

Quote:

View attachment 67342609
In fairness and I do not defend Trump's behaviour but has anyone met an adult who did not have personal, psychological, emotional issues? I could take any adult and point out serious character flaws.

Such articles are simplistic. In actual psychiatry it takes years to diagnose someone under the DSV diagnostic manual and even then the working diagnosis for any particular psychiatric illness is fluid, i.e., its subject to change. Its meant to be a reference point to explain common reoccuring patterns of behavuour but no one diagnosis is exact-reach person's diagnosis varies like a fingerprint or snowflake.

One woudl immediately note with Trump he has dyslexia, slurring of the tongue suggesting he had a stroke at one point which would also explain his need to hold a glass shakingly with twp hands. The impulse control speech patterns strongly indicate adhd and he clearly has an anti-social personality which features a narcissistic component, i.e., an inability to differentiate his thoughts from other people's thoughts and therefore an inability to understand that people disagree with him genuinely and not because they lie or are out to get him.

Mich of his behaviour too would suggest someone brought up in a family with little or any signs of approval or affection, rigid rules and a preoccupation for defining value based on how much property and money one accumulates.

That also describes many people in the entire Western world. We have all been brought up in an environment where human value is defined by amount of property accumulated and money in the bank and ability to control others. We have been brought up to believe beauty is on the surface and specific to nose shape, weight, height, skin complexion, hair type, breast size. Men walk around with this notion that size matters and if they are small in anything it makes them inadequate. Overtexpressions of emotion are seen as weakness and lack of emotion is seen as strength and an ideal trait for men.

These are deeply entrenched values. They result from our primal tendencies as apes living in ape packs with Alpha male leaders.

The problem with defining people by behaviour is we all technically have any of the traits we notice in others. Its the degree or intensity of the trait that then brings itself to our attention but only if it causes negative consequenes not positive ones.

In actual psychiatry it takes years to diagnose someone
All it takes in his case is to listen to him talk and watch his behavior.
If he wasn't Trump, but a neighbor, or 2nd cousin, the same people who make excuses for him would disown him.

All it takes in his case is to listen to him talk and watch his behavior.
If he wasn't Trump, but a neighbor, or 2nd cousin, the same people who make excuses for him would disown him.

Actually probably not. His behaviour can be found in almost anyone in any family. Nothing he displays is unique by any means. The world is full of selfish rude pricks. Have you not noticed? Lol.

Actually probably not. His behaviour can be found in almost anyone in any family. Nothing he displays is unique by any means. The world is full of selfish rude pricks. Have you not noticed? Lol.
Not my world, but YES, there is the odd one here or there, even in families. That still leaves YOU with an individual choice. Whether to associate with someone like that. I made my choice early in life, now I am an old man and I am surrounded by decent, caring people. That was because of the choice I made.

The problem with defining people by behaviour is we all technically have any of the traits we notice in others. Its the degree or intensity of the trait that then brings itself to our attention but only if it causes negative consequenes not positive ones.
We all don't have the opportunity to become president and through those traits successfully manipulate the negative traits of an electorate to unleash a cataclysmic paradigm shift that normalizes lies, hate, deceit, and denial of fact. We need to start evaluating the emotional and psychological health of presidential candidates. They should also have to demonstrate at least a moderate knowledge of civics and the Constitution.

Trump's behavior as president was certainly that of a spoiled four year old brat with his name calling and throwing of childish temper tantrums. Add to that Trump's 3rd grade schoolyard bullying tactics, you do have the behavior of someone who wasn't taught any manners or how to behave in public by his parents.

You do have a 75 year old man who behaved and still behaves and acts like a pre-schooler. At least mentally with his actions. It's hard for me to fathom, regardless of what one thinks of his politics, for or against his policies, how one could choose to follow someone who hasn't grown mentally out of a four year old brat's mind. Especially when you have many real conservatives who's minds have been fully developed into adulthood. Weird.
In Trump's case, he not only exhibits some "arrested development", it was clear he was spoiled rotten and never had to face consequences. As you note, though, it is harder to understand his followers. I think it is an indication of two things: 1) there are more people who have similar behavioral patterns than we realized, and 2) it takes one to follow one.

Quote:
or rationalize their misbehavior saying, “Hey President Trump did that! Why can’t I?”
The fastest way for a child to get into trouble in any creditable school or with the law, for that matter, would be for children to mimic (S/I/T) Trump. Bush Jr created similar problems too, imo, but nothing on the scale of (S/I/T) Trump. Exhibit A > Just take a look at how (S/I/T) Trump's adult children act today.

You prefer the guy who threatens to have a school yard fight?

Back
Top Bottom