• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Capitol rioter who said she wanted to shoot Pelosi just won an election. Now, she’s headed to prison.

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

The former owner of a gym who recorded herself during the storming of the Capitol saying she was looking for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “to shoot her in the friggin’ brain” was sentenced to 60 days’ incarceration Thursday.

But Dawn Bancroft, 60, of hasn’t let her conviction for participating in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection dull her interest in politics.

The onetime owner of Elite Fitness ran for and won a spot as a committeeperson in the county’s Republican Party in May’s primary election.
=======================================================
Some people refuse to learn from their past.

The former owner of a gym who recorded herself during the storming of the Capitol saying she was looking for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “to shoot her in the friggin’ brain” was sentenced to 60 days’ incarceration Thursday.

But Dawn Bancroft, 60, of hasn’t let her conviction for participating in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection dull her interest in politics.

The onetime owner of Elite Fitness ran for and won a spot as a committeeperson in the county’s Republican Party in May’s primary election.
But, But, But, she was just supporting her nutcase president.
Doesn't that count for something?

But, But, But, she was just supporting her nutcase president.
Doesn't that count for something?
If she involved even one other person in her plans, she would be guilty of conspiracy.

Only the best for the gop.

Sedition Tracker

se·di·tion: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority​

dawn-bancroft.jpg

Sentenced

Dawn Bancroft​

#DawnBancroft
Case Number: 1:21-cr-271
Residence: Pennsylvania

Jurisdiction: Federal

Arrested/Charged: 2021-01-29

Convicted: 2021-09-28

Sentenced: 2022-07-21

• 60 days incarceration
  • 3 years probation
  • $500 restitution
Links:

Best Quote:

"We were looking for Nancy to shoot her in the friggin’ brain but we didn’t find her."

Identification based on allegations made by law enforcement. Suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law. This site is privately operated and has no affiliation with any of the sources referenced.

Deplorable.

Indeed.
Hitler was jailed came out and gained power.

The flippin GOP these days...

Absolute loons...

But the electorate is at fault too, for either being too lazy to look this up or so monsterous they like such horrible trash.

No wonder these asshats aren't afraid of their un-American actions, 60 days, pfft.
Well, at least the free market spoke. She lost her business over this....

"...Now, Laguzzi said, news of her arrest and participation in the riot is all that shows up when you Google Bancroft’s name. As a result, Bancroft has been threatened, harassed, lost her gym’s CrossFit affiliation, and was ultimately forced to sell her business after more than half of her clients left...."

I wonder how the pillow guy is doing?

Decency fights back.

It's a damn good thing we're a rich country. If we were like Germany years ago we would follow the same path. We're almost following the same path now.

MAGA approves of her statements about shooting Nancy Pelosi.

"...Now, Laguzzi said, news of her arrest and participation in the riot is all that shows up when you Google Bancroft’s name. As a result, Bancroft has been threatened, harassed, lost her gym’s CrossFit affiliation, and was ultimately forced to sell her business after more than half of her clients left...."

Decency fights back.
He’s got a friggin’ store now!
I don’t get it?

Indeed.
Hitler was jailed came out and gained power.

I think that's the thing people are forgetting here. A lot of people think this is a one-off event, and that these public hearings are the nail in the Trumpists' coffins. I'm not entirely sure it's the nail in Donald Trump's coffin, and I sometimes worry that putting him on trial might actually do exactly what it did for Hitler: give him a megaphone and a stage on which to perform martyrdom theater.

My brain is telling me that Donald Trump's days as a political figure are probably over, and it might actually be Atlanta, Georgia not Washington, DC that becomes his political Waterloo. But that doesn't mean Trumpism is dead. Not by a long shot.

How does one define irony?

A woman happily relying unquestionably on the same electoral system / process she is going to jail for protesting on January 6th to win a council seat.

Hypocrite thy name is Republican!

He’s got a friggin’ store now!
I don’t get it?

That doesn't mean anything. Anyone can open store. Is it making money or just sucking up his cash? My guess, and it is just guess, is the latter.
It is a pretty foolish business move to unilaterally cut your potential market in half (probably in less than half), which he did with his antics. His bank dumped, Walmart dumped him, many of his advertising venues are no longer open to him. Sure, he probably has a stronger following with his remaining market, but I doubt the other half are buying double to make up for the half of America that would never again buy a thing from him. He and our CrossFit trainers are just too more examples of people that have been burned by getting too close to Trump. When will the others learn?

Decency fights back.
Mikey is doing good. He is expecting at least a billion folks to be watching his August Symposium out of Springfield Missouri next month.

Mikey is doing good. He is expecting at least a billion folks to be watching his August Symposium out of Springfield Missouri next month.
Well, there is that. Wasn't PT Barnum that said "no one ever lost a dollar underestimating the intelligence of the American people".... and with Trump supporters, he sure has unfettered access to that market where intelligence is not like to be over-estimated.

Update: Fact checked myself - it was H. L. Mencken who said, "....No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public...."

One would think her conviction would immediately remove her from running for office.

One would think her conviction would immediately remove her from running for office.
It is amazing that in many locales you can not be a felon and vote, but you can be a felon and be elected. That seems idiotic at face value. It would seem that being a registered voter would be a prerequisite of running for and holding elected office.

She'll make a fine addition to the character standards, rather lack thereof, of today's Republican Party.

60 days? for attempted murder? by an elected official?

What the actual ****?

But Madonna said she thought seriously about blowing up the White House, Yes, with Donald Trump in it. Please tell me how one is any different from the other, except one was a flaming liberal.

I think that's the thing people are forgetting here. A lot of people think this is a one-off event, and that these public hearings are the nail in the Trumpists' coffins. I'm not entirely sure it's the nail in Donald Trump's coffin, and I sometimes worry that putting him on trial might actually do exactly what it did for Hitler: give him a megaphone and a stage on which to perform martyrdom theater.

My brain is telling me that Donald Trump's days as a political figure are probably over, and it might actually be Atlanta, Georgia not Washington, DC that becomes his political Waterloo. But that doesn't mean Trumpism is dead. Not by a long shot.
The trick that Ron DeSantis has to perform (along with others who promote Trump policies that worked), is to tout successful aspects of trumpism that worked, but to avoid behaving like Trump. That's what cost Trump the presidency. It does not pay to be a truly annoying asshole to so many different people.

I hope Trump's days in politics are over. The GOP has to get past him in order to survive.

Back
Top Bottom