• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A call to arms.

presluc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This might be what you call " A CALL TO ARMS" to me it is "A CHALLENGE " to all American voters.

This thread is not to get you to vote for any particular Political party.
It is merely to get you to vote.

I am an Independent voter and proud of that.

However, I always vote whether it was for the best candidate or the lesser of two evils.

First of all a little about myself I turned 75 August 4 th , I am currently going through treatments for Cancer.
I have always been a bit of planner back in May when I found out I had Cancer I was told the treatments will be difficult , they did not lie they are.
So I had planned to mail in my vote in the primaries and General Elections, in June some said the mail in voting is fraud "funny I never heard that before" , but now they are saying cut funding to the Postal offices?

Which makes my decision to vote by Mail -in voting difficult should I trust Mail =in -Voting, not because of the fraud conspiracy but the lack of funding to the postal service?

I said the right to vote by mail would be difficult, The right to vote remains the same.

I don't care if I have to crawl to the Voting booth , stand in line for hours I WILL VOTE.

I challenge all Americans no matter what Political party you stand for , no matter which policies you stand for , White , Black , Brown , Yellow , Red
Make your voice heard let your vote be counted VOTE

If anyone tells you your vote doesn't matter or voting is a waste of time the same ones win .
THEY LIE.
VOTE VOTE VOTE.:peace

I wish you a total recovery presluc. :thumbs:

I will vote in person as I always do. Nothing short of an atomic bomb could keep me from my polling station and voting for Biden/Harris.

This might be what you call " A CALL TO ARMS" to me it is "A CHALLENGE " to all American voters.

However, I always vote whether it was for the best candidate or the lesser of two evils.

First of all a little about myself I turned 75 August 4 th , I am currently going through treatments for Cancer.
I have always been a bit of planner back in May when I found out I had Cancer I was told the treatments will be difficult , they did not lie they are.
So I had planned to mail in my vote in the primaries and General Elections, in June some said the mail in voting is fraud "funny I never heard that before" , but now they are saying cut funding to the Postal offices?

Which makes my decision to vote by Mail -in voting difficult should I trust Mail =in -Voting, not because of the fraud conspiracy but the lack of funding to the postal service?

I said the right to vote by mail would be difficult, The right to vote remains the same.

I don't care if I have to crawl to the Voting booth , stand in line for hours I WILL VOTE.

I challenge all Americans no matter what Political party you stand for , no matter which policies you stand for , White , Black , Brown , Yellow , Red

If anyone tells you your vote doesn't matter or voting is a waste of time the same ones win .
THEY LIE.

Borrow a wheelchair and take a puke bucket--and all the best to you. Maybe by then you will be on the mend!)

THEY LIE.

Request a absentee ballot from your registrar early, like now, and put it in their drop box when early voting starts. Good luck to you!

I wish you a total recovery presluc. :thumbs:

I will vote in person as I always do. Nothing short of an atomic bomb could keep me from my polling station and voting for Biden/Harris.

I thank you for your wishes .

However, it is Americans like you and perhaps me who take their vote not only as a RIGHT, but a PRIVILEGED.

Too long the American people have been mislead into thinking their vote doesn't matter or the Election system is rigged or the voting system is too complicated or a 100 or a thousand other excuses
Americans talk big about taking away the 2nd Amendment or the 1st Amendment to the Constitution, Saying they'er taking away our rights .
However the " RIGHT TO VOTE" a right which has been fought for and bled for since the Revolutionary War.
A right which Suffragettes marched for
A right that many people marched and some died for during the Civil Rights marches.

All some big shot has to do is plant a seed ,like all elections are rigged, or some people are too stupid to vote the way they should.

This crap a lot of Americans buy into , I DON'T.
If you hear this ask for proof hard core proof .
One or two things will happen it will be a short debate or look for distractions or mudslinging.:peace

Request a absentee ballot from your registrar early, like now, and put it in their drop box when early voting starts. Good luck to you!

Thanks for the tip, but to be truthful I just forgot to bring that up in the OP.

It is so complicated in today's society , some has even gone as far as saying an absentee ballot is not a Mail =in-Voting
Question; How do Absentee ballots get delivered, if the voter can't get to the drop box on time can they mail in their vote
Will the lack of funding to the Postal service play a factor on Absentee voting ??
Isn't it true that the postal service picks up and delivers the absentee votes in the drop box to the election polls?:peace

Last edited:

THEY LIE.

I am really sorry to hear that you are fighting cancer. I am also upset that the current system makes you feel that you have to vote in person and cannot vote by mail. I, however, completely understand your voting concerns. I will vote in person for the same reasons. I will wear a mask. I don’t think anybody should feel pressured to put their health at risk in order to vote. We need to change this, and I hope my vote will be for a brighter future, for righting these wrongs, and I want to cast my vote to protect the future of voting.

Borrow a wheelchair and take a puke bucket--and all the best to you. Maybe by then you will be on the mend!)

If I saw somebody in that condition at the polls, I would definitely let them go in front of me

THEY LIE.

You may want to spread this message in many other places (if you aren't). There is a pretty high chance that people who post thousands of times on political boards are likely voters.

I thank you for your wishes .

However, it is Americans like you and perhaps me who take their vote not only as a RIGHT, but a PRIVILEGED.

Too long the American people have been mislead into thinking their vote doesn't matter or the Election system is rigged or the voting system is too complicated or a 100 or a thousand other excuses
Americans talk big about taking away the 2nd Amendment or the 1st Amendment to the Constitution, Saying they'er taking away our rights .
However the " RIGHT TO VOTE" a right which has been fought for and bled for since the Revolutionary War.
A right which Suffragettes marched for
A right that many people marched and some died for during the Civil Rights marches.

All some big shot has to do is plant a seed ,like all elections are rigged, or some people are too stupid to vote the way they should.

This crap a lot of Americans buy into , I DON'T.
If you hear this ask for proof hard core proof .
One or two things will happen it will be a short debate or look for distractions or mudslinging.:peace

My family immigrated to America. My husband is also an immigrant. I think two things most immigrants quickly learn about American democracy and quickly live it is, 1. Freedom of speech. It’s amazing how free it is. We can talk about the president. That’s really impressive. 2. Voting and free and fair elections. The voting system might not perfect in America, and people debate certain aspects, but the voters in America really can change the course of history and who is in control. The transition of power has been real all through history, and peaceful.

Those two rights are wonderful things, and I think everybody in the world should experience

Thanks for the tip, but to be truthful I just forgot to bring that up in the OP.

It is so complicated in today's society , some has even gone as far as saying an absentee ballot is not a Mail =in-Voting
Question; How do Absentee ballots get delivered, if the voter can't get to the drop box on time can they mail in their vote
Will the lack of funding to the Postal service play a factor on Absentee voting ??
Isn't it true that the postal service picks up and delivers the absentee votes in the drop box to the election polls?:peace

I think that’s because Trump is lying, promoting disinformation, and then USPS is concerned about defunding, confiscation of machines, and other issues. We just don’t feel secure about mailing our votes, and we are being lied to.

I would be more excited about voting if the 2 viable choices weren't so extreme and so bad.

We need a third party, badly. Not some wackadoo third party that is even more extreme than either of the main parties is becoming, but one that embraces the most rational elements of each party's platform:

-Smaller federal government, more power and responsibility for state and local governments.
-Reduce military spending and stop interfering in foreign affairs that are none of our business.
-Promote free international trade while protecting American business from countries that cheat.
-Religious freedom, including freedom from religion in the public square.
-Pro choice, but also get the government out of abortion and reproduction funding and decisions.
-Pro gun rights for law abiding citizens, but much tougher on violent criminals of all stripes.
-End the war on drugs and redirect the resources to fighting violent crime and economic piracy, and providing better training and compensation for our law enforcement officers.
-Secure our borders and enforce our immigration laws, but have compassion for good people who are already here.
-A strong but realistic environmental policy that won't bankrupt the country for generations to come.

PS: best of luck in your fight.

Call your registrar's office as soon as you can or go on line to the State Election Board and fill out a request. ( My state links my signature to my drivers' license.) If you mail it in there might be a bar code that allows you to track its' delivery. Or you can take it to the office, or a drop box at your registrar's office or an authorized site. You can deliver it during early voting in person or on election day. The drop box ballots are counted at the end of voting on election day and counted like in-person ballots. The USPS does not handle ballots put into drop boxes, only the registrar's employees. Ohio as I understand is limiting drop boxes so if you can't use one you will have to take it inside the office.

I thank you for the tip , but after 2 weeks of Chemo and Radiation by the grace of God I haven't had to throw up much.

Like I said on the mend or not as long as I can think I will vote.:peace

I am really sorry to hear that you are fighting cancer. I am also upset that the current system makes you feel that you have to vote in person and cannot vote by mail. I, however, completely understand your voting concerns. I will vote in person for the same reasons. I will wear a mask. I don’t think anybody should feel pressured to put their health at risk in order to vote. We need to change this, and I hope my vote will be for a brighter future, for righting these wrongs, and I want to cast my vote to protect the future of voting.

SheWolf , My friend I thank you for your concern about my current condition.

I am only one average man I expect no special treatment .
When my Wife and I go out in public we always wear masks and keep social distance.

It is people like you that knows the importance of voting it is you and others like you that are important today.
To be truthful I don'y get out much anymore, I'm afraid my day of marching and protesting are over
As John F. Kennedy once said the torch is passed to a new generation.

When I was a lot younger I worked on a campaign for Robert Kennedy I made flyers helped pass them out knocked on doors talked to people that would listen.
In truth I never met Robert Kennedy but I believed in him and I believed in his policies .

Although my generation was far from perfect , some good things came out of it Civil Rights for one I marched for, Vietnam I protested against that, I saw on T.V. the speeches of the fall of McCarthyism, Segregation, and better Equal rights for Women

A young President saying I impose a blockade around Cuba, I take full responsibility. and when the same young president said before the decade is over America will put a man on the moon, a statement that was made true although the Young President never lived to see it
, Also Dr King's "I HAVE A DREAM SPEECH" I think more people should really listen to that speech.

I do apologize for my rambling on about my history sometimes I get carried away thinking of how bad America is divided today.

This should not be about my history , it should be about yours and the generation coming up that just wants America to be United again to fight this pandemic to set goals for better progress for America and all Americans.:peace

Last edited:
If I saw somebody in that condition at the polls, I would definitely let them go in front of me

So you to belong to that breed of people for the other day at the grocery store while picking some items up an old lady in a walker stood behind me on the place that was marked , I told her to go ahead of me.

Some people may say gee that was nice but in my day it was just ordinary good manners.

I do hope in my heart that this breed of people with good manners will not become a minority or fall on the endangered list.:peace

You may want to spread this message in many other places (if you aren't). There is a pretty high chance that people who post thousands of times on political boards are likely voters.

I will do my best , you are welcome to copy and paste this post and use it at your discretion.
I only ask 1 thing this is a nonpartisan post I want to keep it that way.
Doesn't matter who you vote for as long as you vote.:peace

My family immigrated to America. My husband is also an immigrant. I think two things most immigrants quickly learn about American democracy and quickly live it is, 1. Freedom of speech. It’s amazing how free it is. We can talk about the president. That’s really impressive. 2. Voting and free and fair elections. The voting system might not perfect in America, and people debate certain aspects, but the voters in America really can change the course of history and who is in control. The transition of power has been real all through history, and peaceful.

Those two rights are wonderful things, and I think everybody in the world should experience

The only real native Americans are the Indians . all other Americans are immigrants
Including your truly in 1735 2 families immigrated to America one Trimble from Ireland , one Preston from England , in America they met married and started a line of Americans right down to me. So you see my family immigrated to America too the only difference timeline .
I 'm sure my family line had to change the way they think and act as well , my family fought against the British in the Revolutionary war.:peace

I think that’s because Trump is lying, promoting disinformation, and then USPS is concerned about defunding, confiscation of machines, and other issues. We just don’t feel secure about mailing our votes, and we are being lied to.

I'm sorry but I'm trying to keep this a bipartisan thread.

The evidence there the American people are not as stupid as political parties make them out to be.

However this partisan politics is getting America no place but more division.
The Democrats point out something bad the Republicans are doing, the Republicans retaliate by pointing out some thing bad the Democrats are doing .
This as been going on for 3 yrs while the American people pray, hope and wait, and wait , and wait.
It seems like the only time they agreed on something was the first Stimulus package.
Some of it went to help average Americans a lot of it went to big corporations and CEO's.:peace

I would be more excited about voting if the 2 viable choices weren't so extreme and so bad.

We need a third party, badly. Not some wackadoo third party that is even more extreme than either of the main parties is becoming, but one that embraces the most rational elements of each party's platform:

-Smaller federal government, more power and responsibility for state and local governments.
-Reduce military spending and stop interfering in foreign affairs that are none of our business.
-Promote free international trade while protecting American business from countries that cheat.
-Religious freedom, including freedom from religion in the public square.
-Pro choice, but also get the government out of abortion and reproduction funding and decisions.
-Pro gun rights for law abiding citizens, but much tougher on violent criminals of all stripes.
-End the war on drugs and redirect the resources to fighting violent crime and economic piracy, and providing better training and compensation for our law enforcement officers.
-Secure our borders and enforce our immigration laws, but have compassion for good people who are already here.
-A strong but realistic environmental policy that won't bankrupt the country for generations to come.

PS: best of luck in your fight.

Ah my friend you are talking to an Independent voter, I want a third party Independent , one not tied to either Right wing views or left wing views.
I left the Democratic party in 2014 to become an Independent voter
I wasn't the only one to leave the Democratic party to become an Independent voter, and if you check the last 3 yrs you will find more than a few have left the Republican part to become Independent voters.

I have said on more than one thread on this forum that I may not live to see it but one day an Independent candidate will win the election and go on to be a great President, Whoever that will be will have to be tough because both RIGHT AND LEFT WINGS will come after him or her:peace

Call your registrar's office as soon as you can or go on line to the State Election Board and fill out a request. ( My state links my signature to my drivers' license.) If you mail it in there might be a bar code that allows you to track its' delivery. Or you can take it to the office, or a drop box at your registrar's office or an authorized site. You can deliver it during early voting in person or on election day. The drop box ballots are counted at the end of voting on election day and counted like in-person ballots. The USPS does not handle ballots put into drop boxes, only the registrar's employees. Ohio as I understand is limiting drop boxes so if you can't use one you will have to take it inside the office.

Thanks for the info. I think I will at least wait until September or maybe October.
To be truthful I may just go to the polls and vote wearing a mask and keeping social distancing.
I've never used Mail -in- voting before. except when I was in the Army. even then I had help filling it out that was in 30 yrs ago.

The more I research this mail -in- Voting today the more red tape and mess I run into.
Like on the news it said some states are refusing to remove blue mail boxes.
I guess I'm just a dumb old man , I didn't know the states were removing Blue mail boxes , as many that plan to vote by mail it seems they would want to put more out instead of less.
I have to ask , what about the Christmas rush of Christmas cards and packages sent to loved ones far away or SS checks through the mail not everybody has direct deposit or a computer .:peace

Ah my friend you are talking to an Independent voter, I want a third party Independent , one not tied to either Right wing views or left wing views.
I left the Democratic party in 2014 to become an Independent voter
I wasn't the only one to leave the Democratic party to become an Independent voter, and if you check the last 3 yrs you will find more than a few have left the Republican part to become Independent voters.

I have said on more than one thread on this forum that I may not live to see it but one day an Independent candidate will win the election and go on to be a great President, Whoever that will be will have to be tough because both RIGHT AND LEFT WINGS will come after him or her:peace

I think the best hope for that is for a group of well-respected moderate Democrats or Republicans, preferably some already in office, to break away and form a new Centrist party with a concrete platform that reflects the sentiment of most people in this country.

I would even support the idea of the party including in its platform the idea that, for certain controversial issues that are most relevant to the state and local level, the position of the party at the local level on that issue should reflect the majority sentiment of the people in that locality. So the party could have different positions depending on where you're talking about.

I think the best hope for that is for a group of well-respected moderate Democrats or Republicans, preferably some already in office, to break away and form a new Centrist party with a concrete platform that reflects the sentiment of most people in this country.

I would even support the idea of the party including in its platform the idea that, for certain controversial issues that are most relevant to the state and local level, the position of the party at the local level on that issue should reflect the majority sentiment of the people in that locality. So the party could have different positions depending on where you're talking about.

I can not but Agree with that post.
At the very least we could get Republicans and Democrats negotiating instead of just fighting over who's all the way right or who's all the way wrong.:peace

Thanks for the info. I think I will at least wait until September or maybe October.
To be truthful I may just go to the polls and vote wearing a mask and keeping social distancing.
I've never used Mail -in- voting before. except when I was in the Army. even then I had help filling it out that was in 30 yrs ago.

The more I research this mail -in- Voting today the more red tape and mess I run into.
Like on the news it said some states are refusing to remove blue mail boxes.
I guess I'm just a dumb old man , I didn't know the states were removing Blue mail boxes , as many that plan to vote by mail it seems they would want to put more out instead of less.
I have to ask , what about the Christmas rush of Christmas cards and packages sent to loved ones far away or SS checks through the mail not everybody has direct deposit or a computer .:peace

Per mail, packages, etc. , if the POTUS wants the USPS to go under then they might be late.

SheWolf , My friend I thank you for your concern about my current condition.

I am only one average man I expect no special treatment .
When my Wife and I go out in public we always wear masks and keep social distance.

It is people like you that knows the importance of voting it is you and others like you that are important today.
To be truthful I don'y get out much anymore, I'm afraid my day of marching and protesting are over
As John F. Kennedy once said the torch is passed to a new generation.

When I was a lot younger I worked on a campaign for Robert Kennedy I made flyers helped pass them out knocked on doors talked to people that would listen.
In truth I never met Robert Kennedy but I believed in him and I believed in his policies .

Although my generation was far from perfect , some good things came out of it Civil Rights for one I marched for, Vietnam I protested against that, I saw on T.V. the speeches of the fall of McCarthyism, Segregation, and better Equal rights for Women

A young President saying I impose a blockade around Cuba, I take full responsibility. and when the same young president said before the decade is over America will put a man on the moon, a statement that was made true although the Young President never lived to see it
, Also Dr King's "I HAVE A DREAM SPEECH" I think more people should really listen to that speech.

I do apologize for my rambling on about my history sometimes I get carried away thinking of how bad America is divided today.

This should not be about my history , it should be about yours and the generation coming up that just wants America to be United again to fight this pandemic to set goals for better progress for America and all Americans.:peace

I care a lot for America too, and I worry for it. I will carry your torch. You can count on me. I will be at the polls. :)

Back
Top Bottom