• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"A call for American Renewal"; a call to make the Republican Party Survive Trumpism

Wry Catcher

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
A group of Republicans is forming an organization to recruit and support candidates in the most competitive 2022 House and Senate races.

The group plans to raise funding to support or oppose candidates to defeat radical Republicans. Those who support former President Donald Trump in four to five Senate races and about twenty or more races in the H. or Rep. in next year’s midterm elections. They will also recruit candidates to run in GOP primaries or as independents against these radical Rinos.

One hundred and fifty former Republican governors, members of Congress and cabinet officials have signed the principles listed in the link

A group of Republicans is forming an organization to recruit and support candidates in the most competitive 2022 House and Senate races.

The group plans to raise funding to support or oppose candidates to defeat radical Republicans. Those who support former President Donald Trump in four to five Senate races and about twenty or more races in the H. or Rep. in next year’s midterm elections. They will also recruit candidates to run in GOP primaries or as independents against these radical Rinos.

One hundred and fifty former Republican governors, members of Congress and cabinet officials have signed the principles listed in the link

I am very glad to see this...it means all is not lost.

This is just the donor class that hates average Americans and wants to continue the corrupt DC business model to loot America in order to line their own pockets.

They still haven't realized this isn't about Trump. In the 2016 GOP primaries, all of the establishment candidates got destroyed. Hell, even the Dems are tired of the elites in pushing Bernie. The problem with the Dems is the party is so corrupt they were able to cheat Bernie out of his victories...twice. And Bernie rolled over and took it.

The Republican party needs to burn down and be rebuilt without the bigotry. Basically, replaced by a libertarian party. Social conservatism is over. It can't survive in a diverse environment.

This is just the donor class that hates average Americans and wants to continue the corrupt DC business model to loot America in order to line their own pockets.

They still haven't realized this isn't about Trump. In the 2016 GOP primaries, all of the establishment candidates got destroyed. Hell, even the Dems are tired of the elites in pushing Bernie. The problem with the Dems is the party is so corrupt they were able to cheat Bernie out of his victories...twice. And Bernie rolled over and took it.
You post is off topic, and the more Trump speaks, the more real Republicans will return to the Party of Lincoln and IKE

See: https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/republican-party-platform-1956

Interesting.

I read the "declaration."

I find it funny that these people seem to think that those who voted for Trump over Hillary, and again over Biden (and his real bosses among Radical Democrats) don't believe any of those "principles."

I wonder what their plan is if they do succeed? Give in to all the Progressive Democrat policies and programs, support CRT, and all the other Identity Politics that's tearing our nation apart? Much like those three "token" Republicans on the House 1/6 investigation committee?

Personally, I would like to see a different candidate that Mr. Trump run in 2024, because IMO his time has passed.

But I'd prefer someone who REALLY has the best interests of the United States at heart.

So let's see who these people are, and what they campaign on when the time comes.

Funny stuff! Are these the people who have
opposed president Trump from day one?

They will get zero support! No money. The left will love this and the media will support them. Sounds like the Lincoln project idiots.

You post is off topic, and the more Trump speaks, the more real Republicans will return to the Party of Lincoln and IKE
Your just upset with truth. 10m more voted for Trump in 2020 than in 2016 - his popularity is growing not waning. Get with the realignment - Uniparty or Maga. Populist or elitist/oligarch. There is no room for corrupt RINOs in the new GOP. They know it, that is why they are floundering to find a place to land.

I am assuming all the radical far right wing conspiracy theory loving lunatics will hold onto the party, too many core Republicans jumped from Republican establishment to Trump’s White Nationalism establishment.

Your just upset with truth. 10m more voted for Trump in 2020 than in 2016 - his popularity is growing not waning. Get with the realignment - Uniparty or Maga. Populist or elitist/oligarch. There is no room for corrupt RINOs in the new GOP. They know it, that is why they are floundering to find a place to land.
Trump lost by more votes than any candidate in history lol. He is the most hated and unpopular president in the nations history.

Interesting.

I find it funny that these people seem to think that those who voted for Trump over Hillary, and again over Biden (and his real bosses among Radical Democrats) don't believe any of those "principles."

I wonder what their plan is if they do succeed? Give in to all the Progressive Democrat policies and programs, support CRT, and all the other Identity Politics that's tearing our nation apart? Much like those three "token" Republicans on the House 1/6 investigation committee?

Personally, I would like to see a different candidate that Mr. Trump run in 2024, because IMO his time has passed.

But I'd prefer someone who REALLY has the best interests of the United States at heart.

So let's see who these people are, and what they campaign on when the time comes.

Such a wonderful illusion of principles by a supporter of a president who had none except for total narcissism.

I am very glad to see this...it means all is not lost.
There are a few orgs like this, not including the Lincoln Project. They should pool their efforts and use the LP for their advertising. This group surfaced last winter and told Repubs if they didn't straighten up, they would organize and oppose them. So they have.

Best of luck. I wish they fought governor candidates, too. We got a real dandy headed our way next year that needs to get his ass booted back to where he came from.

Last edited:
Trump lost by more votes than any candidate in history lol. He is the most hated and unpopular president in the nations history.

Trump received near 5 million more votes than that idiot Obama ever got. I guess that makes Obama more hated than Trump.

Interesting.

Our of interest, where do you believe President Trump held America's interest over his own?

Trump received near 5 million more votes than that idiot Obama ever got.
And got beaten by the largest margin in US history lol.
I guess that makes Obama more hated than Trump.
Only if you have no idea what the word hated means lol. Obama was twice elected to office, winning both the popular and electoral college vote. Trump lost the popular vote twice and lost the EC vote in 2020 by a landslide. He is the most hated and unpopular president in history.

Sounds like they want to bring us back to the good 'ol Tom Delay days.

No thanks.

It was obviously all about Trump the Terrorist in 2016. If all they cared about was Republican policies, they would have nominated a career politician. Nope, they went for a guy who can't do anything except break laws and cheat. So it had to be his personality the voters loved during the 2016 primaries. Now those people are still worshiping Trump the Terrorist. There is no way anyone can convince me it is not 100% about Trump the Terrorist.

And got beaten by the largest margin in US history lol.

Only if you have no idea what the word hated means lol. Obama was twice elected to office, winning both the popular and electoral college vote. Trump lost the popular vote twice and lost the EC vote in 2020 by a landslide. He is the most hated and unpopular president in history.

Only to unhinged liberals.

If it weren't for an unexpected pandemic, he might have won a second term.

why is an alleged liberal commenting on this?

Only to unhinged liberals.
Uh, no. To every single person on earth. We actually know how many votes each candidate received lol.
If it weren't for an unexpected pandemic, he might have won a second term.
He had no chance of a second term. He never got above 50% approval and his economy was already lagging behind Obama’s pre pandemic on top of EXPLODING the deficit and debt.

It was obviously all about Trump the Terrorist in 2016. If all they cared about was Republican policies, they would have nominated a career politician. Nope, they went for a guy who can't do anything except break laws and cheat. So it had to be his personality the voters loved during the 2016 primaries. Now those people are still worshiping Trump the Terrorist. There is no way anyone can convince me it is not 100% about Trump the Terrorist.

Liberals will never understand.

Obama caused a lot of anger when he gave illegals amnesty after saying multiple times he didn't have the power to do so(and he didn't). Trump came along and had a platform of stopping illegals along with other popular issues such as trade, less regulations and less taxes.

Of course being a liberal you'll never be able to wrap your head around that or understand why so many latched onto this platform.

The Republican party needs to burn down and be rebuilt without the bigotry. Basically, replaced by a libertarian party. Social conservatism is over. It can't survive in a diverse environment.
What "bigotry"? Isn't the left that embraces the racial divicionist viewpoint?

Back
Top Bottom