• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Body Has Been Found In Wyoming

The authorities got very lucky. A vlogger was editing dashcam tape and saw he captured Gabby's van parked on the side of he road. He called the cops and the date stamp made this the last known hard location of the van. Close inspection of the still showed the sandals she always wore on the ground as if she slipped them off to put on hiking boots.

This gave the authorities a good search area and they found the remains a short distance away.

View attachment 67354780

View attachment 67354779

View attachment 67354778

There was a You Tube travel blogger that went to edit their video and found that they had video of the van that Laundrie and Pepito were in in that area and that's the area that was searched and that's how they found the body.
Goes to show that pretty much everything you do in the 2020's will be captured on video by someone, even if you are out in the middle of nowhere.

Goes to show that pretty much everything you do in the 2020's will be captured on video by someone, even if you are out in the middle of nowhere.

I guess but I do think it was quite remarkable that Laundrie was caught and he ran home to Mommy what a sicko

Last edited:
Yeah, with all the circumstance - how the hell do you let the b/f disappear? Amazing! And Floridians wonder why so many stereotype them?

Don't get me started on Flori-duh juries. <Cough>.... Casey Anthony.

Don't get me started on Flori-duh juries. <Cough>.... Casey Anthony.

As much as I'm pro 2A, I'd add George Zimmerman.

I'm starting to see FL as the 'East Coast Texas', with all the pro & con that entails! Hell, even the two governors are eerily alike!

Since I already replied to you elsewhere, I'll keep this short.

Besides the possible defense theories you've put forth, the boyfriend also could have simply rushed her to the hospital - claiming self-defense. She already was separated from him by the police, with the police believing she was unstable.
He is young, I suspect none of this was planned, and he like most people suddenly freak out. But you make a good point, and that is that a person with a 'guilty mind' doesn't think in terms usually of what the right thing to do should appear to look like to others, even when they knowingly participated in a bad act. He probably panicked. The way many people panic when they hit a pedestrian in the car and then flee.

I'm sure he didn't plan this, because if he had, and he had any intelligence, it would have looked like an accident. Him driving home to mommy and daddy in her van..... yeah, not really a plan.

BTW, I don't know how a man could claim self defense against a woman weighs as much as an 18 pack of beer soaking wet unless she had a gun?

I'm starting to see FL as the 'East Coast Texas', with all the pro & con that entails! Hell, even the two governors are eerily alike!
I can see we are on the same page with many things Chosky

Don't forget the guy in Florida who shot and killed the guy over an argument at a stop 'n rob over a handicapped parking space.

I'm very pro 2nd Amendment, and I have CCW. Zimmerman is a loose cannon who should never have been the poster boy for 'stand your ground' or the right to self defense. Not that everyone doesn't have those rights. But DON'T BRING YOUR GUN with you to trouble. Call the police, let them investigate. Your gun will become "the trouble" where you had no intelligent reason to take it, especially when you already believe trouble is afoot. Your gun is for when trouble comes to you, .... and the most important part..... you have no other reasonable options.

Yep. Two states are very similar.

He is young, I suspect none of this was planned, and he like most people suddenly freak out. But you make a good point, and that is that a person with a 'guilty mind' doesn't think in terms usually of what the right thing to do should appear to look like to others, even when they knowingly participated in a bad act. He probably panicked. The way many people panic when they hit a pedestrian in the car and then flee.

I'm sure he didn't plan this, because if he had, and he had any intelligence, it would have looked like an accident. Him driving home to mommy and daddy in her van..... yeah, not really a plan.

Agreed.

BTW, I don't know how a man could claim self defense against a woman weighs as much as an 18 pack of beer soaking wet unless she had a gun?

Obviously, that goes into the jury's & DA's calculus.

But, she already has her recent police incident recorded. And with her b/f wisely not giving statements, it would be up to his lawyer to assist him in his defense narrative.

Of course if he's charged - there will be tons of evidence brought forth by the D.A. But from a lawyer's POV, an unwitnessed incident, with no victim to speak in court, and a client who remained silent, all sounds like a good start for the defense.

One of the most hideous aspects of murder & death, is the victim never gets the chance to speak for themselves for their justice. Which of course is why society speaks so adamantly for them through the police, coroner, and D.A.

Yep. Two states are very similar.

And straight-up, there's a lot to like - and some not to like.

I do believe nearly all Americans have a part of them that wants to emulate the stereotyped 'rugged individualism' of the perceived Texas ethos!

I mean, do you realize how many cigarettes the Marlborough Man sold???

Obviously, that goes into the jury's & DA's calculus.
In a case like this one without witnesses to any brutality, a lot of juries are not apt to go for murder over manslaughter. Putting a young person away for life on what can likely be a sudden crime of passion, is big decision.

But, she already has her recent police incident recorded. And with her b/f wisely not giving statements, it would be up to his lawyer to assist him in his defense narrative.
A good defense narrative is one where you may attempt to answer questions which are weak spots in the prosecution case. For example: this thing being talked about in a text where from her phone where her grandfather is mentioned by his first name which is "Stan" and the suggestion being that she would NEVER use Stan instead of her usual "grandpa". Something stated by her mother which she thought was suspicious. Then if a defense attorney decides to cross examine that point to diminish it in trial. Maybe he just asks the mother to confirm that is the grandfathers name, and that she read it in a TEXT and not an email, or not from a live phone conversation. Where am I going with this? Well, in a text don't many people shorten words or use smaller language which still convey the message? So, if the prosecution made that sound like a big deal in their circumstantial evidence case and some jurors may buy that. The defense's job is to offer an answer to that which may question if that has as much weight as the prosecution may wish to imply. Get the jury questioning more of the little things in the state's case, and there may be a tipping point where many are just not convinced it was a case 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.

Of course if he's charged - there will be tons of evidence brought forth by the D.A. But from a lawyer's POV, an unwitnessed incident, with no victim to speak in court, and a client who remained silent, all sounds like a good start for the defense.
I agree. This kid's parents I assume got him aside and got him a lawyer, and they protected him from shooting himself in the foot by volunteering anything the police can use.

Now wait for the DA to attempt to leverage against the kid by threatening prosecution of the parents for aiding and abetting after the fact. DA/prosecutors, as well as police have a whole bag of tricks to come at scared person of interest. But as long as you have lawyer-ed up early, that is the best place to be if you are guilty.

One of the most hideous aspects of murder & death, is the victim never gets the chance to speak for themselves for their justice. Which of course is why society speaks so adamantly for them through the police, coroner, and D.A.

I agree to an extent, like for example the child of Casey Anthony. Put me on that jury and I would be the lone holdout for murder one. And if the jury hangs then fine, maybe the next group of 12 may have some people capable of seeing that mother as the total monster she is.

Then in a case like this, even despite some empathy for a young life lost..... well, were there not warning signs before this? She picked this loser, and how much of a loser might she be too? That is where I can be a bit cold hearted. Two young narcissistic people out looking for national attention... for what? I don't know, maybe I'm old fashioned. Who has a need for that much attention who isn't already kind of nuts? I sometimes look at old slide photos my grandparents took 70 years ago on their cross country vacation, and they only took like one roll of film over two weeks. Some of these young people and their selfies and videos, and all of that... Hell, we landed two men on the freaking moon, and they took fewer photos than your average millennial takes while having lunch at a Denny's to post online.

I'm not so sure that it wasn't planned. He had her at a very remote camping spot. Running home to Mommy and Daddy that is weird but hey who knows maybe his parents know something about him that we don't. Like him being controlling and violent.

In a case like this one without witnesses to any brutality, a lot of juries are not apt to go for murder over manslaughter. Putting a young person away for life on what can likely be a sudden crime of passion, is big decision.

A good defense narrative is one where you may attempt to answer questions which are weak spots in the prosecution case. For example: this thing being talked about in a text where from her phone where her grandfather is mentioned by his first name which is "Stan" and the suggestion being that she would NEVER use Stan instead of her usual "grandpa". Something stated by her mother which she thought was suspicious. Then if a defense attorney decides to cross examine that point to diminish it in trial. Maybe he just asks the mother to confirm that is the grandfathers name, and that she read it in a TEXT and not an email, or not from a live phone conversation. Where am I going with this? Well, in a text don't many people shorten words or use smaller language which still convey the message? So, if the prosecution made that sound like a big deal in their circumstantial evidence case and some jurors may buy that. The defense's job is to offer an answer to that which may question if that has as much weight as the prosecution may wish to imply. Get the jury questioning more of the little things in the state's case, and there may be a tipping point where many are just not convinced it was a case 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.

I agree. This kid's parents I assume got him aside and got him a lawyer, and they protected him from shooting himself in the foot by volunteering anything the police can use.

Now wait for the DA to attempt to leverage against the kid by threatening prosecution of the parents for aiding and abetting after the fact. DA/prosecutors, as well as police have a whole bag of tricks to come at scared person of interest. But as long as you have lawyer-ed up early, that is the best place to be if you are guilty.

I agree to an extent, like for example the child of Casey Anthony. Put me on that jury and I would be the lone holdout for murder one. And if the jury hangs then fine, maybe the next group of 12 may have some people capable of seeing that mother as the total monster she is.

Then in a case like this, even despite some empathy for a young life lost..... well, were there not warning signs before this? She picked this loser, and how much of a loser might she be too? That is where I can be a bit cold hearted. Two young narcissistic people out looking for national attention... for what? I don't know, maybe I'm old fashioned. Who has a need for that much attention who isn't already kind of nuts? I sometimes look at old slide photos my grandparents took 70 years ago on their cross country vacation, and they only took like one roll of film over two weeks. Some of these young people and their selfies and videos, and all of that... Hell, we landed two men on the freaking moon, and they took fewer photos than your average millennial takes while having lunch at a Denny's to post online.

A camera and two young adults doesn't make them nuts. Now days that's what young people do. Nothing wrong with it. in the old days people didn't take a lot of pictures because it cost a lot of money to develop them. Yeah she lost alright....

A camera and two young adults doesn't make them nuts.
Not a camera. But people who take thousand of photos of themselves to "share" with everyone else.... meh... I'm thinking that is a little nuts. Narcissism at that level tends to be an indication of some types of personality disorders.

Now days that's what young people do. Nothing wrong with it. in the old days people didn't take a lot of pictures because it cost a lot of money to develop them. Yeah she lost alright....

I don't know. In the old days anyone who insisted on wanting to share photos of their family was always considered a bit nuts. And what if this weird thing people taking photos of THEMSELVES and posting that everywhere?

Kooks.

I've been looking at pictures of the Spread Creek Disbursement area, and for the life of me, I can't imagine what would attract hikers there.

Not a camera. But people who take thousand of photos of themselves to "share" with everyone else.... meh... I'm thinking that is a little nuts. Narcissism at that level tends to be an indication of some types of personality disorders.

I don't know. In the old days anyone who insisted on wanting to share photos of their family was always considered a bit nuts. And what if this weird thing people taking photos of THEMSELVES and posting that everywhere?

Kooks.
Right not a camera probably an iphone. how easy is that to share for free! I think it's probably more likely that older people who share all that crap on facebook could be nuts. but hey here we are on a political debate forum sharing maybe we're nuts.

In any case I'm not willing to give the murderer a break by saying he's nuts.

Brent Blue, the Teton County Coroner, told CBS News the autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday. Blue said autopsies usually take one to two hours, but if microscopic data is needed, it may take longer and it is unlikely to be fully completed today.

When the autopsy is completed, the FBI's field office in Denver will release any findings, Blue said.

Shit. We're probably not going to hear anything today.

Right not a camera probably an iphone.

How do you take pictures with a phone unless it is also a camera? Not sure why anyone would want that feature anyway for a phone, unless to take photos of auto accident for insurance purposes? Anyone who is into photography would not be grabbing any kind of "phone" to take that very special photograph.

how easy is that to share for free!
Yeah, unless you are on the receiving end and don't want that stuff "shared" with you.

co-worker: "Would you like to see 1000 photos of my kid's first birthday party? I could email them to you?"
Me: "No, not really. Would you like to see 1000 photos of my chainsaw? I could email them to you?"

I think it's probably more likely that older people who share all that crap on facebook could be nuts.
I don't care how old people are. Haven't you figured out yet that the "sharing" part is not about what the recipient is enjoying. It is for the narcissist fuel needed by the one sharing it.
My wife had one of those myfacebooks things for a short time when she was networking to find a new job. Then a few of her friends I guess found out about it because I guess her email is attached, and next thing they are "sharing" everything from family Christmas photos, to photos of their pets, to what they cooked for dinner. My wife is annoyed but what can she say. But I guess the way it works with most people is if you don't comment or "like" the thing someone "shared" with you then for a narcissist (as most of those are) then that upsets them and LOL--- they de friend you. Which if you ask me is PERFECT. "Friends" are those people you can call in the middle of he night to help you get rid of body. Which is probably what this young guy needed instead of thousands of "followers" on his youtuby thingy.

but hey here we are on a political debate forum sharing maybe we're nuts.
Conversations are fine. I have many email exchanges with my friends, but more likely we just meet at a saloon or diner and have a conversion. No selfies, no taking pictures of our beers, hell, I don't think any of my friends (other than those who are running for political office) even have any social media stuff. Last time a buddy brought cell phone on a fishing trip, we all voted and gave him two choices: throw the phone in the lake and continue fishing, or we would throw him in the lake with the phone and he could swim to shore and check his stock prices from there.

Phone got tossed in the lake. Rules are rules. To his credit, he laughed it off.

In any case I'm not willing to give the murderer a break by saying he's nuts.
I never said I was giving him a break, and I think both he and the girl are nuts, not that I think HE is criminally insane and not able to be tried and punished.

Autopsy confirms it is Gabby and that her death was a homicide.

Has her phone been found?
Supposedly her last call home was from Yosemite on August 30th, in California, about 800 miles Southwest of where her body was found.
Laundrie was back to his parents home on September 1st.
Lots of unanswered questions.

Has her phone been found?
Supposedly her last call home was from Yosemite on August 30th, in California, about 800 miles Southwest of where her body was found.
Laundrie was back to his parents home on September 1st.
Lots of unanswered questions.
You do not need the phone to verify which cell towers the call bounced off of.

I can see we are on the same page with many things Chosky

Thanks!

I saw that, when I replied to one of your first posts here at DP.

We have individual styles & characterizes in posting, we're all unique after all, but I think we have some commonality in POV & basic worldview.

For example:

Don't forget the guy in Florida who shot and killed the guy over an argument at a stop 'n rob over a handicapped parking space.

I'm very pro 2nd Amendment, and I have CCW. Zimmerman is a loose cannon who should never have been the poster boy for 'stand your ground' or the right to self defense. Not that everyone doesn't have those rights. But DON'T BRING YOUR GUN with you to trouble. Call the police, let them investigate. Your gun will become "the trouble" where you had no intelligent reason to take it, especially when you already believe trouble is afoot. Your gun is for when trouble comes to you, .... and the most important part..... you have no other reasonable options.

Yep. Agreed.

For a very long time, despite my personally wanting congealed carry, I was wary of it. But I came to accept it as a new societal norm, and understand the Constitutional argument. My initial firearms' ideology, though, was "Castle Doctrine, and I was a very strong proponent of it. Along with that, was 'Duty to Retreat'. I still very strongly believe in 'Duty to Retreat, and I believe that's what you're referring to here.

So similar to your exposition, I strongly support the right to possess a firearm, and to use it in cases of necessary self-defense, but I very much also believe we have the obligation to remove ourselves from harm if possible - without taking a human life. Human life is sanctified. All of it.

I think the above is a sane proposition, but surprisingly it doesn't seem a common one any more. We seem to live in an 'all or nothing' society today, where one's either a rabid supporter of an issue, or a vehement detractor. However in life, most issues are full of gray areas in between the polar extremes, and that's often where truth is found.

Back
Top Bottom